2018 FORMULA 1 GRAN PREMIO HEINEKEN D'ITALIA

Chat about Formula 1, V8's, Indycar etc
Forum rules
Please be careful about posting results in threads discussing current sporting events.

Where possible can the first person to start a thread on an event add *spoilers included* (or similar) to the thread title so that all discussion on the event is kept in one place and readers are aware that the content may contain the results.

Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Re: 2018 FORMULA 1 GRAN PREMIO HEINEKEN D'ITALIA

Post by Big Kev »

Great banner in the crowd at Monza

ARSE Biscuits! Driftu Kingu!
My Flickr Stream
Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

Big Kev wrote:Is it just me or does that read like Lewis (Hamilton) and his DWC (whatever that is) have got engaged.
No the whole thing doesn't make much sense to me either. I was going to make a crack about the poor English but then realised it's probably his second language :redface:
durbster
The Whack Wasp Warrior

Post by durbster »

Good race.

Hockenheim and Monza - two big errors by Vettel that I think will lose him the championship.

What do we think of Vettel now?

Although I like the bloke, I can't help but feel his number of championships flatters him. He's a top class driver when he's got it all going his way and you don't win a championship without deserving it, but he's nowhere near as complete as most of the drivers he shares statistics with. He's too easily rattled.
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

I think there's a lot of pressure on Ferrari from with in at the moment. Vettel being number 1 seems to feel it more than Kimi. Both himself and the team are making these mistakes whether it's driving errors or strategy errors.
Minister for Religious Genocide.
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

How long has it been that a couple of teams could potentially win the title?

I dont think the last few world champs have had to beat anyone other than their team mates.

Vettel was in the best car at Red Bull and Hamilton/Rosberg at Mercedes. I think the Merc has dominated more than the Red Bulls, from memory, but they havent really had to race anyone other than their team mates for a while, it seems like. I might be wrong. :D

I am far from an expert, but I think if they were in the same cars, the guy leaving might have them covered.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

durbster wrote: Although I like the bloke, I can't help but feel his number of championships flatters him. .

Same for Hamilton though really. How many championships does he have in a car that was 2 seconds a lap faster? And in one, his tea mate won the WC.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Cursed

Post by Cursed »

durbster wrote:... but he's nowhere near as complete as most of the drivers he shares statistics with. He's too easily rattled.
I think we often see champions of yesteryear through rose-coloured glasses and flatter them. I think we tend to weigh their misdeeds much more favourably against their successes.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197962772149]Image[/url]
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Re: RE: Re: 2018 FORMULA 1 GRAN PREMIO HEINEKEN D'ITALIA

Post by Exar Kun »

norbs wrote:
durbster wrote: Although I like the bloke, I can't help but feel his number of championships flatters him. .

Same for Hamilton though really. How many championships does he have in a car that was 2 seconds a lap faster? And in one, his tea mate won the WC.
If we went off that then most world champions would be in the same boat.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
pixelboy

Post by pixelboy »

Schumacher was possibly the exception (and I'm sure there are others). He won WC's when not in the fastest car several times.
eek