Re: DiRT Rally 2.0

Post by Duke »

Only Oculus VR support at this stage...

Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

From the sound of it Oculus are paying for it to be added, which they did with the previous game as well. So SteamVR/WMR support is unlikely but should work with Revive.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Codemasters has revealed the release schedule of the cars, liveries, and locations which will make up the DiRT Rally 2.0 post-launch DLC content called Season One:
Week 1: SKODA Fabia Rally, Citroën C4 Rally
Week 3: Monte Carlo Rally, Special Livery
Week 5: BMW M1 Procar Rally, Opel Manta 400, Special Livery
Week 7: Sweden Rally
Week 9: Ford Focus RS Rally 2007, Subaru Impreza, Special Livery
Week 11: Germany Rally

It was important for us to not just include brand new content for DiRT Rally 2.0, but also to recognize the fan favourites from the previous titles, commented Ross Gowing, Chief Games Designer.
Gowing continued, The improvements the team have made for DiRT Rally 2.0 are plain to see, and Monte Carlo is a shining example of that. I think it looks incredible, and I hope our players feel the same way too. We are making a significant commitment to expanding the DiRT Rally 2.0 experience for the players that have been calling for us to do exactly that over a number of years.

DiRT Rally will be available for the PS4, Xbox One and PC on 26 February 2019 with pre-order already available on the Steam network.
Players who pre-order or buy the Deluxe Edition will have this Season One content, plus Season Two which contains a similar level of content and features included as part of their Season Pass.
Players who pre-order the Deluxe Edition will also have early access to the game from 22nd February 2019.
Day One or Standard Edition players will have the opportunity to purchase each season and piece of content separately on their digital store of choice.
Dukester

GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

So, thats the Dirt 1 content as DLC?
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Dukester

DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

Dang! :yummy:
Minister for Religious Genocide.
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Looks goooood, love the stage degradation feature.
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

Sold! This looks proper mental and I'm going to purchase even though the cost is high atm. When VR comes I think I will poo myself :D

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Dukester

DexterPunk
Busted ARSE

Post by DexterPunk »

DarrenM wrote:From the sound of it Oculus are paying for it to be added, which they did with the previous game as well. So SteamVR/WMR support is unlikely but should work with Revive.

Does this mean you should avoid the steam version and buy through the Oculus store?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Dirt Rally 1 on steam has the oculus support as well. So unless they try to pull some exclusivity shit with this one it shouldn't matter.
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

She's open for business!
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

So gave it run for a good hour and a half doing different things. Only thing I did before I got driving was change audio to a headphone setting. Straight away it felt accessible and easy to drive but the FFB felt a bit dead. It was there but it wasn't giving a lot of road feel but once a load happened as in a turn or slipping, it's there. It's just not noisy and violent like other games that I've become use too. The easy to drive part went out the window once I started to push and not be careful with the loud pedal. But that was hard as I was rallying an Aston Martin GT-4 V8 Vantage that sounded awesome! Mashing the throttle is bad, really bad.

I did a wheel calibration and tried again. It picked up on 900 degree rotation in game. I tried a Group B Lancia... :fall: I died a lot as it went mental! VR I think this will frighten the shit out of me. It was bad enough in 2D. Bucket loads of power once the turbo's kicked in but the handling was catching me out. But any car I drove felt rewarding when I got it right. Working the throttle and steering to drive the car is soooo much better in this than Dirt Rally. Then I got too confident and went sailing through trees at speed and dead again. I did a tarmac rally in the Aston and the tyres were going off in the back half of the stage and it was getting very tail happy and it was wet too. I didn't notice road wear too much but I was only doing single stages but there were ruts. Rally cross is lot's of fun. Doing it is getting me use to the FFB feel. So much so that I don't think I will change it from whatever it's defaults are.

To me it feels as tight as a drum. It works right off the bat with no tweaking, it's drive able, looks good, sounds even better. But for me to go fast in rally, I'm really going to have to lift my game. For me this might be the best driving game I've owned. I've never done any rallying or such but for a computer game, Schwing! :melt:
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Pretty pricy on Steam :(

But on Cd Keys its 44% off. Only thing i dont get is it says Pre-Order. I take it its released on the 26th of this month?
https://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/dirt-ra ... eam-cd-key
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Deluxe version unlocks now. Standard version on the 26th.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Dukester

w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

There's no snow in this too. It's pretty much all gravel. What's there is good and I've really enjoyed it but no Sweden or Finland rallies is letting it down. Hopefully it's DLC and free DLC at that.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

A first impressions from one trusted reviewer I follow. Umm...

Dukester

Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

This clip is more line with how I feel about the game. I do like it and it's pretty solid. If you liked Dirt Rally then you will enjoy it.

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

:lmao:

Dukester

Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

They need to fix the FFB badly! Tonight I was doing an historic rally in Australia. The road had ruts and yet nothing coming through the FFB. It's like there's no surface data at all! Go over a cattle grate and there's FFB as it should be. But to feel nothing from a rutted road is very disappointing and a piss poor effort on Codemasters behalf.
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

On the iRacing forum people have mentioned editing xml files in steamapps\common\DiRT Rally 2.0\input\devices to add ffb parameters.
I have added this line.... <device id="{0D5A16D0-0000-0000-0000-504944564944}" name="simucube_osw" priority="100" type="wheel" ffb_force="5.0" />

To..... C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\DiRT Rally 2.0\input\devices

Which has given me some bumps and jumps ffb. The number 5.0 may need tweaking to your taste. I started on 8.0 but it was too strong.
I had to add ffb_friction= "1.5" to the xml, and now it feels great on my G29. I saw people messing with the ffb_force but anything I put over the standard 0.9 makes the wheel way too heavy. I like it light when driving with only one hand.
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

Cheers. I will look at this. I did try adding ffb_force="5.0" to the G-25 line but it did nothing.