Dukester Maldonado

Re: DiRT Rally 2.0

Post by Duke »

Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

I hope they do something with the FFB. All it needs is road texture feed back through the wheel. The force around the steering shaft is some of the best FFB my G-25 has ever given but roads are not sheets of glass.
Minister for Religious Genocide.
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

I tried a Citeron C4 at Monte Carlo :fall: So much fun! Even though I bitch about the lack of road texture via the FFB, the cornering FFB is fantastic and the C4 at Monte Carlo really shows it well.

I drove this, ACC and F1 2018 today and I did enjoy ACC at Monza but Dirt Rally 2.0 just blows it out of the water for fun. It's one hell of a game! :vibes:
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Dukester

Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

I've been looking forward to the M1. The big horsepower rear wheel drives are so much fun in this game and it has the best sounds.
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

Gave the M1 ago and I didn't respect the loud pedal so did some awful runs in it. Lots of fun though.
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

Simracinggirl's clip of Monte Carlo is worth watching.

M1 is a great car but you need to respect it.
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

I like how she says at the start she's never driven it but when she finishes it shows her previous best time. She couldn't have picked a harder track to try that car on, and it showed. I like Jimmy's videos, I don't know how he manages to talk so much and still go quickly.

Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

At the start picking the layout was wrong to what she drove too. I'm yet to drive that stage but the one I was on was hard work. I don't know how they jabber on while driving.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Having recently received some new content thanks to Codemasters planned DLC programme for DiRT Rally 2.0, the British development studio have now dropped a small update to the base game - of which plenty of improvements and fixes have been included - not least of which is audio improvements for both the BMW M1 Procar and Peugeot 208 T16 R5.

Update 1.3 Notes:
Grip and floating car issues off the starting line now resolved
New achievements/trophies added for Season One: ‘On Thin Ice’ (Complete a clean stage in Monte Carlo), ‘Rock ‘n’ Roll’ (Drive 66km at Monte Carlo in the DS 21), ‘To all those who doubted...’ (Get a podium in the Citroën C4 Rally), ‘Kickin’ 80s Vibe’ (Complete your first Event in the BMW M1 Procar Rally)
The achievement/trophy “Fire Up That Car... Again” has had its unlock criteria modified
Prevention for audio cut-out improved
Added Jon Armstrong’s 2019 Galway International Rally livery
New engine audio for BMW M1 Procar and Peugeot 208 T16 R5
Fixed non-English translations of in-game text
Retiring no longer counts as completing the stage or event, and will no longer cause trophies to pop
Returning to the service area in Rallycross Community Events or AI Challenges will take players to service area and not leave the event
Spectating in bumper cam will now show other drivers in custom online events
Improvements to co-driver calls in specific call outs, across multiple locations
Leaderboards are now available after non-Time Trial races
Improvements to visual quality on some cars
Corner cuts across certain areas (reset lines and rough terrain) are now prevented
Stability improvements throughout title
Dukester

Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

Dr. Pain wrote:Simracinggirl's clip of Monte Carlo is worth watching.

M1 is a great car but you need to respect it.
9:19.164 for me on my first go. I might go stick it to her in the comments :D
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

That's only a minute faster
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

This chick is mental

Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

8:31.799 for me on my first go in time trial. I used the same camera and did find it helpful. Louise is now 3rd only 7 seconds from 1st place.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Dukester

w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

Damn this chick is committed, but she needs some lawn mower sponsorship

Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

New FFB is out for this and it is fantastic! The FFB works off the suspension so it can still lack a road texture feel but it's there and very subtle. It feels dead on tarmac but take a corner and it wakes up. I took a mini for a spin in Australia at Noorinbee Ridge ascent, I thought it was going to shake to pieces. A great laugh.

I was finding hard to recommend this game due to the lack of Feel from the FFB but now it's there and it's bloody brilliant! It's a different FFB feel to other games but I think it feels natural.

:yes: :yes:
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

The new 'season' of DLC for DiRT Rally 2.0 has started - introducing the Group B Rallycross cars from Ford and Peugeot.

Bunching together their post release DLC plan into 'Season' content - each fortnight new stuff in the form of cars, tracks and liveries are added to the game, the first wave of the second round of content has been released by Codemasters - adding Group B Rallycross action to the title in the form of the small but mighty Peugeot 205 T16 and Ford RS2000 Evolution Rallycross cars!

Both cars are available to purchase within the steam store now, or are included for players who own the season pass with this game.
Dukester

Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

We have a club, Dirty Old Men. I couldn't use ARSE in the title and Dirty Buggers was taken.

https://dirtrally2.com/clubs/club/179585

Shot me through invites and I'll make some admin spots so we can do stuff when enough people have the game. :yes:
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Codemasters deployed update V1.5 for their DiRT Rally 2.0 title containing a number of new features and a list of bug fixes based on community feedback.
The update also introduces Clubs as one of the most community requested features for DiRT Rally 2.0 enabling you to run a club and create your own Championships.

Changelog:
Club support added to Freeplay.
Visual improvements made to rain effects.
Service Areas will appear correctly in Weekly and Monthly Challenges.
Monthly Challenge Leaderboards adjusted to show total Event times instead of individual Stage times.
Elite and Master AI difficulty adjusted in My Team Rally Events to provide a fairer transition upwards from Pro.
Start-line AI behavior adjusted at Lohéac Bretagne circuit.
AI cars will now be washed after Rallycross races.
Notification added for when a player completes research on a car’s final engine upgrade in My Team.
Chase cameras adjusted to reduce camera clipping into roadside objects.
Non-English language co-driver volume increased.
Corrections to some non-English language co-driver calls.
General stability improvements and minor bug fixes.

Note:
Following the release of DiRT Rally 2.0 version v1.5, a bug has surfaced whereby players may get a “Content Not Installed” message when they log in. The DiRT team is fully aware of this issue and is developing a hotfix, which will be released as soon as possible.
This bug is related to the upcoming addition of Latvia RX and how the game handles files related to the FIA World Rallycross Championship game mode, within the Freeplay tab on the main menu.

Below this error message 3 options appear:
Cancel
Remove Content and Continue
Create new Save Game

If you want to continue playing immediately instead of waiting for the hotfix, we suggest that you select the second option: Remove Content and Continue. This will allow you to resume playing DiRT Rally 2.0.
If you have made any progress in the FIA World Rallycross Championship however that will reset. This action does not affect your My Team progress or any other game mode. If you start another FIA World Rallycross Championship event after this action the issue will arise again when you log in.
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

A week ago, Codemasters kicked off Season Two for DiRT Rally 2.0 with the release of the “Week 1” content for Season Two including two spectacular Group B Rallycross monsters (Peugeot 205 T16 Rallycross and the Ford RS200 Evolution).
On June 18, we will see the Latvia Rallycross circuit added to the title recreating the electric atmosphere of the Latvia FIA World RX Championship weekend on the 1.3km track at Bikernieki National Sports Base. To get the fans excited, Codemasters published an impressive trailer showcasing the group B monsters in action on the upcoming WRX track.
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

The DiRT Roadbook – June 28, 2019
VR: Yes, it’s still coming!
Summer is here and the DiRT community’s been lighting up our Twitter page with one question in particular, “where is VR”? While we don’t have a release date or extra info to share right now I do want to point out that yes, the DiRT team is working hard on making the virtual a reality in DiRT Rally 2.0. We’re excited to share the news just as much as you are to read it, and once everything is in place we’ll provide another update.
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

It's week 5 of the Season Two Content schedule so two new cars for DiRT Rally 2.0 are available, being the historic Porsche 911 SC RS, and the Lancia 037 Evo 2.
Besides the new content, the release also features new liveries and 200,000 CR Bonus Credits for Deluxe Content owners.

Both the Porsche 911 SC RS and the Lancia 037 Evo 2 are available as standalone DLC and as part of DiRT Rally 2.0 Season 2.
If you’ve got the Deluxe Edition of the game these cars will be waiting for you, and if not you can upgrade to the Deluxe Content Pack below to get all content from Seasons 1 and 2:
DiRT Rally 2.0 Deluxe Content Pack: Steam

Porsche 911 SC RS
Producing 290hp, the Porsche 911 SC RS was and still is one of the most recognizable racing cars in the world. Modified for rally, this car featured tougher suspension, a wider body, and event-specific add-ons. The 911 was capable of taking the fight to its AWD rivals on a regular basis.
Max Power: 290 bhp
Max Weight: 959 kg
Engine: 2994 cc, 6 cylinders, Naturally-Aspirated
Gearbox: 5 Speed – Manual
Drivetrain: RWD

Lancia 037 Evo 2
The last RWD car to win a World Championship, the Lancia 037 was a legend of Group B rallying. The mid-engined RWD monster made use of its supercharged powerplant, producing around 325hp, taking on the mighty Audi and winning in 1983. The Lancia 037 was succeeded by the 4WD Lancia Delta S4, another legendary car you can drive in DiRT Rally 2.0.
Max Power: 330 bhp
Max Weight: 959 kg
Engine: 2111 cc, 4 cylinders, Supercharged
Gearbox: 5 Speed – Manual
Drivetrain: RWD

Dukester

Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

I drove the Lancia 037 at Monte Carlo and I really the changes to the FFB they did a while back. It felt like nothing on the nose in the snow, no FFB. The you hit tarmac and you feel it, there's a load on the FFB. It's subtle but really well done for a rear wheel drive car. As for the car well it's fantastic! I'm gonna die so much in it. :D
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

A new update for Codemasters DiRT Rally 2.0 is here with build 1.6 dropped to PC and console versions of DiRT Rally 2.0 earlier today, with a strong focus on resolving some of the more critical issues highlighted by the DiRT Rally gaming community in recent months.
Highlight changes from build 1.6 include the further balancing of the game AI and, wait for it, improved audio for the wonderful little Lancia Delta S4 - adding real world audio to the car for the first time within the DiRT game franchise.
Other notable changes that come with the new build include the option for 'manual h-pattern' support within the game UI, a feature so very important to those players looking for realism when racing with older era cars within the game.

Build 1.6 Update Notes:
My Team:

Resolved issue whereby players were seeing blank entries above their current Leaderboard standing.
Removed potential exploit that allowed for unlimited restarts in My Team Events.
Widened AI performance capabilities across several difficulty levels, making the jump in challenge feel less dramatic.

Cars:
Updated engine audio for Lancia Delta S4, based on new real-world audio data.
Adjusted headlight glass texture on the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI.
Added night time dashboard illumination to the Porsche 911 SC RS.
Miscellaneous fixes and adjustments to damage models of multiple cars.

AI:
Adjusted AI performance on Night Rally Stages.
Adjusted AI performance during Wet Rallycross Events.
Adjusted AI performance to better simulate tyre wear during Events with long distances between Service Areas.

Visuals:
Fixed issue regarding tyre marks not appearing on certain surfaces.
Adjusted rain effects for better visibility when using interior camera views.
Reduced excessive dirt kick-up at Biķernieki, Riga (Latvia RX).

Audio:
Resolved issue where rain audio would cut out on longer Stages.
Resolved issue where ambient sounds would cut out in Service Areas.
Fixed multiple issues with co-driver calls on Germany Rally Stages.

UI/UX:
Added support for “Manual H-Pattern or Manual Sequential” to transmission options.
Added support for “Manual H-Pattern with Clutch or Manual Sequential” to transmission options.
Improved animations of certain Engine Mapping Upgrade unlock notificiations.
Added subtitles to Biķernieki, Riga (Latvia RX) introductory video.
Minor fixes to Brazilian Portuguese translations during loading screens.

Miscellaneous:
Improvements to Location loading times (Steam version only).
Improvements to reset lines and collision areas on Germany Rally.
Improvements to reset lines and collision areas on Argentina Rally.
Improvements to reset lines and collision areas on Poland Rally.
Improvements to reset lines and collision areas on Hell, Lånkebanen (Norway RX).
Improvements to reset lines and collision areas on Biķernieki, Riga (Latvia RX).
General stability improvements and minor bug-fixes throughout the game.
Dukester