Post by DarrenM »

I like the front half.
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Re: McLaren Speedtail

Post by norbs »

Rory looks lean.

Im not sure I can see 3 million Pacific pesos in it
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
durbster
The Whack Wasp Warrior

Post by durbster »

I can't find it now but I saw a mockup where somebody had put the front wheel cover on the back and it improved it quite a bit. I think it just messes with your head having odd wheels because it's so unusual.

The cab is also quite far forward which I think upsets the stance a bit.

I wish I understood aerodynamics better. I thought having a lower back end meant a car was unstable at higher speeds (like the original Audi TT), so does the additional length compensate for that somehow?
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

durbster wrote:I can't find it now but I saw a mockup where somebody had put the front wheel cover on the back and it improved it quite a bit. I think it just messes with your head having odd wheels because it's so unusual.

Apparently a good number of owners have asked about rear wheel covers to balance the design out.

It might grow on me but at the moment It looks very ungainly to my eye, especially the side view. Too cab forward and the line from the top of the roof to the tail looks wrong. Also for £2m quid I'd expect the screens for the wing cameras to be a bit sleeker than just looking like ipads glued on the top of the dash. I would that thought they could integrate them in a much smoother fashion.
ARSE Biscuits! Driftu Kingu!
My Flickr Stream
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

I also saw this :)
Oh Lady Penelope!! :)

ARSE Biscuits! Driftu Kingu!
My Flickr Stream
pab

Post by pab »

durbster wrote:I wish I understood aerodynamics better. I thought having a lower back end meant a car was unstable at higher speeds (like the original Audi TT), so does the additional length compensate for that somehow?
Perhaps a lot of that rear space is taken up by a whopping great diffuser that might be helping to stick the rear to the ground?
PB
Radioactive Race Engineering #16 / Lightning Karts KT100s #61
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Re: RE: Re: McLaren Speedtail

Post by Duke »

pab wrote:
durbster wrote:I wish I understood aerodynamics better. I thought having a lower back end meant a car was unstable at higher speeds (like the original Audi TT), so does the additional length compensate for that somehow?
Perhaps a lot of that rear space is taken up by a whopping great diffuser that might be helping to stick the rear to the ground?
It's actually the opposite, If you listen to the top gear video the speedtail is all about being slippery & making sure the airflow sticks to the body then leaves the rear of the car with as less disturbance as possible. That's also why it has the front wheel covers, which I agree are not very aesthetically appealing.

I agree that certain angles are not pleasing to the eyes. Also being 2mtrs longer than the P1 Senna is why the proportions seem strange.

For me it's the whole futuristic look, especially this rear view as it reminds me of futuristic 50's & 60's split-window / huge tail-fin car designs.

Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."