Post by tehsid »

http://www.ausgamers.com/files/details/html/18827

Enjoy it, its freaking fantastic.
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

Mad!

I played HEAPS of CoD, so im really looking foward to CoD2 =)
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

Awesome, i loved CoD
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Re: Call of Duty 2 Demo OUT!!!

Post by r8response »

SiD wrote:http://www.ausgamers.com/files/details/html/18827

Enjoy it, its freaking fantastic.
well SiD, sounds like you've had a play, give us some impressions. and maybe a few screenies if you please
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

I played it about 6 times and think it's great, though too short to get a full impression. The removal of health packs has certainally improved the gameplay, in other aspects it played very much like the original. It has a bit more atmosphere with all the constant chatter from the other soldiers.

I hope the full version will have some higher res textures. The ones in the demo look a lot like the original.

The heat haze effect that I saw previews going on about looks ridiculous in my opinion. It just applies the effect to everything that is in line with the horizon. You get haze coming off your gun and other objects that are close to you.

It brought my machine to it's knees though and none of the detail options had any effect. I had to drop the res to 1024x768 to get good fps out of it. I'm most likely shader performance limited with my 6800GT. Looks like it's time to upgrade :(

Make sure you play it on the highest difficulty otherwise it's too easy. :)
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Strange, Darren. I was running at 1280x960 with my P4 3.06 and 6800GT and the demo ran beautifully. Other games (GTR, GTL, HL2) I have big issues with at times but this was perfect. I've heard of a couple of people with X850XT PEs having to drop the res to 1024x768 aswell so there must be something strange going on with some people's machines.

As for the game itself, I liked it but I don't know if I liked it enough to buy it. Sound/atmosphere is excellent and I had to smile after I thought I had killed a German (dropped his rifle and fell on his back) when he proceded to draw a pistol and aim it at me. Very cool. :tilt:
tehsid
forum fairy - in a gay way!
forum fairy - in a gay way!

Post by tehsid »

Ok.

Well its a very good demo, if abit short.

Graphics.. there good, not GREAT, but good. U can tweak the ini files to it runs on highest (although i dont recoment it unless you have a 1337 computer) Then it looks good (Demo is locked on Medium -> lower graphics)

Gameplay.. Basicly the same as COD, but the fact u now have NO health bar at all, make it <--> that much more intence. Its a realy, simple, but good idea that makes the game so intence.

Sound.. Fantastic. Chuck on some headphones, or setup 5.1 and let it rip... FAN FUCKING TASTIC!!

Well.. I am gonna buy this. its gonna be grand...

SiD out.