Majors Series League

iRacing
Sarsippius

Majors Series League

Post by Sarsippius »

Hey guys, hylas and I ran in a really good league this year called the Majors Series. It's existed for a while but was mostly the Pacific area of the US, this year I think was the first year they ran in multiple regions adding a US Atlantic, Euro and International region for Aus/NZ and other countries nearby.

https://www.pacificmajors.com/

It's a really well run league focusing on major event races on both the road and oval side, so for oval you have the Daytona and Indy 500s and other big races and on road you have races like cut down Daytona and Spa 24hr races (2.4hrs in length) or like the full length Suzuka GP we had this year. So you get a really good variety of car and track combos testing all your skills.

2019 Schedule
2019schedule.jpg
The top split for each region is broadcast, International is done by Sim Speed TV (old v8sonline)

Hylas and I both thought there were some races we'd like to run this year with others we weren't so sure about but we ended up getting stuck in and running the full season and doing pretty well for ourselves.

Anyway, the main purpose for posting this is just to let you guys know that this series exists as it's a case of the more the merrier if we can get more people to join up. Do one, some or all of the races, whatever you fancy. Hylas and I ran under our Avatar Auto Racing team banner this year and would like a few more to join us if you're interested, with the possibility doing some of the iRacing Special Events as well.

So check it out and see what you think, there's a couple months till the first race so there's plenty of time.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
hylas

Re: Majors Series League

Post by hylas »

I really enjoyed this series, plenty of the events were in car/track combos that I normally don't consider and found that they were all quite enjoyable.
I can understand for those that don't own a lot of content in iracing could make this quite daunting but there's nothing wrong with only racing half the season or even a couple races if that's all you want.

The series is free to join, but there is a entry fee if you want to have access to some extra's e.g 24hr Le Mans
somebloke

Post by somebloke »

I’ll have my PC and wheel etc all setup by the end of this week by the looks. So starting from scratch with iRacing. Was wondering what leagues they had.

I heard Australian Speedway League is closing up.

Lots to learn but looking forward to it. So will probably need some help haha!
Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

If you have any questions just ask :)
somebloke

Post by somebloke »

Do you guys race in any other leagues?
Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

At the moment I'm running in the Bootleg Racing League which runs Sunday mornings for us as it's Saturday nights in the US. It's short track ovals, Street Stock, Late Model and SK Mod
https://bootlegracingleague.com/

The time probably doesn't suit you I guess, I've long raced Saturday mornings as I found that's when participation is best for official series. There are leagues that run evenings but it isn't always so easy to work out what's on, try the Aus/NZ Road, Oval and Dirt forums on the iRacing forum.
Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

Just a bump for anyone who may have been interested in running the Majors, the first race is this weekend, 2.4hrs of Daytona using the same cars as the 24hr race.
somebloke

Post by somebloke »

I think that league is out of my league haha.

I don’t have a lot of those cars yet.

I’m only a D on ovals and C on dirt and track.

I did a league race in OSR’s V8 Development Series which was a lot of fun. I can’t commit weekly but they’re happy for bi-weekly.
hylas

Post by hylas »

It would be a bit tough for a new racer, but could also be a good challenge.

There's no need to buy all the content, you could just run a few races if that's what you wanted. They have their own in house license system for this league, you can be rookie in all classes and still race in an event as long as you complete the requirements for that event.

Example for this round 1 is needing to do 30 laps of practice on the league's practice sessions and put in a valid qualifying lap in the league's qualifying sessions. The in house license thing doesn't come into effect until after 3 races or something I think, once it gathers enough data to rank you. I think the 107% rule still applies this year as well, your Q time must be within 107% of the fastest time set in your class to be placed on the grid.