This is from 3 raids over Japan...

It's hard to get your head around.
Minister for Religious Genocide.
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Re: London bomb map

Post by Big Kev »

I'll have to find out where the one was that blew up the house next door to my dad when he was a kid. He got out of bed, put his slippers on and cut his feet to pieces cos they were full of glass. All the windows had blown in.
ARSE Biscuits! Driftu Kingu!
My Flickr Stream
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Well, they've bombed a few cities to pieces. My mom told me stories, too. Her brother - later lost in the wars - got buried when their house got hit (in Budapest). At that time they managed to save him, he fell under a door, that helped.
But she also had stories about seeing body parts on trees as they walked somewhere.
She wasn't able to hold her pee anytime she heard a siren all her life.

War is fucking hell.
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
Cursed

Post by Cursed »

Just think of the carbon footprint of the delivery of the raids on London or the various cities of Germany vs. that of the nukes of Nagasaki or Hiroshima. Can't we get the Greens on board with this?
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197962772149]Image[/url]
durbster
The Whack Wasp Warrior

Post by durbster »

Walking round London (or any European city) today, it's hard to imagine how utterly devastated they were. There's a WW2 bomb shelter where I work as the site was a target and hit a few times. I'll have to find out more.

Mind you, compared to the battering German cities took, London got off lightly. The idea of 1,000 bomber raids still blows my mind. Imagine seeing and hearing that coming towards you.

There's a patch of trees about 100 metres from my house. They were planted to commemorate a British bomber that crashed there during WW2. There are five trees in the shape of a cross.