Headset issues

iRacing
somebloke

Headset issues

Post by somebloke »

I’ve been using the HyperX Cloud II headset for all of this year. It has been really good however just in the last couple of times on iRacing only they have started to go a bit crackly intermittently.

Had it on YouTube afterwards and no issues at all.

The first time in iRacing a couple of days ago I quit the game, unplugged them from the USB and tried loading iRacing again. Appeared to fix it.

Yesterday no issues at all.

Today it was back again. Quit iRacing and unplugged from the USB and relaunched. Issue was still there.

I’m not sure what has happened to start this up.

This PC is brand new. It runs nothing but iRacing and discord currently.

Any ideas on any solutions? You guys are way smarter then I am.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Re: Headset issues

Post by Duke »

There has been an issue with sound in iRacing if the in-game sound source setting is set to default.
So check that first & if set to default change it to the sound source running the headphones.

If that fails have you tried to run the iRacing graphics config recently?
It is recommended to do it each new build & when issues like this arise.
Just remember to back up your settings (app.ini, etc) as they will revert to default after running the graphics config.
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
somebloke

Post by somebloke »

Thanks Duke,

I had no issues today and checked the sound source setting which had gone to default. I’m guessing it’s a bit fickle when on default and that’s why it was intermittently not working properly.

I have changed the sound source to the headset now. Hopefully that fixes the issue from happening again. Thanks.

I apologise I’m not great with computers (learning all the time), so this probably sounds dumb.

The settings you talk of, are you saving the entire folder, running the graphics config (I haven’t ran this since I installed it I guess) and then replacing them afterwards?
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

You could copy/backup your whole "Documents/iRacing" folder but the two main settings files to backup are the app.ini & rendererDX11.ini in that folder.
Then in the iRacing members website under the settings menu, hit LAUNCH the RUN GRAPHICS CONFIG.

This will create new app.ini & rendererDX11.ini files, then you can either;
- use your backed-up ini files to make specific settings changes you had in them in the new files.
- Or do as I do & just start iRacing, load into the garage, select options and set up all your settings as they were, particularly the drive, options, graphics & replay tabs

It is a bit of mucking around but I do believe it is worth doing to ensure iRacing runs smooth after each build. I have missed doing it a few times & noticed things like stutters can creep into the gameplay.
I hope that makes sense.
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
somebloke

Post by somebloke »

Thanks Duke.

Cheers for the instructions for a simpleton like me.

I had also noticed the occasional stutter this season and I had not ran the graphics config since I installed iRacing in November.