Automoblista 2

General game chat
GT VIRUS
Karen

Automoblista 2

Post by GT VIRUS »

Running on the Project Cars 2 Engine! Not but is yet known, but the idea of PC2 made by competent developers does make me excited!
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Re: Automoblista 2

Post by Duke »

Interesting choice, I just hope the Physics & FFB aren't tied to the engine & / or Reiza can make it much better than PC2 (as I'm still not a fan).
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

AMS running on the PC2 engine, sign me up.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

As RenZ just texted me, it's PMS (ProjectMobilista)
Dukester

w00dsy

Re: RE: Re: Automoblista 2

Post by w00dsy »

Duke wrote:Interesting choice, I just hope the Physics & FFB aren't tied to the engine & / or Reiza can make it much better than PC2 (as I'm still not a fan).
I've always felt the PC2 cars were made by different people in the team, because some are great and some are just rubbish. It's about cherry picking the good ones.
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
norbs

Post by norbs »

AMS is still the best sim as far as feel goes. I know the iTards will argue, but, well, they would!

Add to that the cars and tracks you dont see in other games, and I look forward to the new game.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Dukester

norbs

Post by norbs »

I am so much more pumped for this than any race game for a while.
GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

The fact they are sticking with PC's SETA tyre model is very very concerning. Here's hoping they can fix the mess they have been given
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

Won't be as good as the original, PC2 that is :bolt:

:lol:
Minister for Religious Genocide.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

I'm cautiously reserved as I'm not convinced on the MADness engine.
But if anyone can make it better it would be Reiza Studios.
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Dukester

w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

I hope it's modable like AMS, because PC2 wasn't exactly good for that. Being able to add cars and tracks could give it a long lifespan.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Reiza June 2019 Development Update
Greetings all!
Happy to finally resume with our monthly dev updates :) we seem to have started a bit of a sim racing trend with these updates back in the early days of AMS1 development, but for the last year or so have gone a bit quieter and working behind the curtains while the baseline for AMS2 was finally getting assembled.
The curtains are obviously lifted now and you can be sure we´ll have lots to share again from now on - I look foward to bringing you the fresh news over the remaining months before AMS2 release and beyond.

Reiza rF2 Bundle Update
First things first: as previously announced this week we released an update for our Reiza Bundle in rFactor2, and Imola now features two new versions, adding to the previously released Imola 1972 and 2018:
Imola 1988, featuring the famous flat-out blast from Variante Bassa, through Tamburello and Villeneuve all the way to Tosa, then the tight Acque Mineralli Chicane and finally the two variantes at the end of the lap of this classic layout, host of many exciting races through the 80s and early 90s.

Imola 2001, with the post-1994 configuration which is similar to the modern track with chicanes at Tamburello and Villeneuve but still featuring Variante Bassa at the end of the lap, and higher curbs adding to the challenge - specially at the high speed Variante Alta where precision is crucial!

If you already own our release of Imola in rF2 or any of the packs that include it, these new versions arrived at no extra cost.
We have another update incoming soon featuring some minor improvements to other items in the Bundle, in terms of content however this update wraps things up.
It was great to have had the chance to dig deeper into rFactor 2 and work with S397 on this project - all things considered we find the Bundle turned out nicely, and rFactor 2 itself has considerably improved even within the time we have been working on it, with still lots to offer. We very much enjoy racing our content there and hope you continue to do too - we´ll also continue to keep an eye on it as rFactor 2 progresses.
If you are interested in checking out how our cars and tracks turned out in rFactor 2, now is a good time as with the Steam Summer Sale both rFactor 2 as well as the the Reiza Bundle are selling with substantial discounts.
AMS1 & its DLCs are also on sale with 50% off, so in the unlikely chance you´re reading this and don´t have it all, do check them out now :)

Donington & Snetterton are coming for AMS1 & 2!
As previously proposed and now confirmed, we have extended our agreement with Motorsport Vision to license both Donington Park and Snetterton race tracks. Both tracks will be released for Automobilista 1 as standalone DLCs and as part of the Season Pass (so free for those who already own that). They will also be part of Automobilista 2 base game along other MSV tracks released on AMS1 (Brands Hatch, Oulton Park, Cadwell Park).
As with Oulton and Brands, both Donington and Snetterton have been developed with the aid of LIDAR scan data which should ensure the same level of accuracy we achieved in those earlier releases.
Here are a few previews of the Donington mesh so far:

It looks very barebones but that´s actually most of the hard work done, as trackside objects are also in progress and will be plugged in soon. We are working hard to get these out for AMS1 ASAP, hopefully towards the end of next month.

Automobilista 2 Development - First Gameplay Video in VR!
After Automobilista 2 announcement there have been some questions about how the change of engine might affect it and whether the proposed December release is a realistic goal. We´ve been reinforcing that in terms of the core elements of the sim - physics, AI, audio and general feel and design of the game, we´ve spent the initial months of development bridging the gaps in tech so we could pretty much up pick up from where AMS1 left off - being able to do that that was in fact a large part of the decision to switch to Madness.
Understandably some lingering concerns seem to remain, so we thought that the best way to address those short of actually releasing the game itself was to offer a pure gameplay video showcasing where we are with it.
The combo of AJRs at Imola may seem a bit of a low-key choice as it already features both in AMS1 as well as the rF2 Bundle, but that actually makes them the ideal subjects to showcase how things are coming along in terms of development within the engine itself, as the AJR was one of our last releases in Automobilista 1 and both it and Imola already received updates for the rF2 release.
This is a short 3-lap race alternating between VR gameplay (!!) and TV replay footage, running with 60x time scale and weather going from sunny to overcast and back, as the day progresses from mid afternoon to early evening. We wanted to do a dry-wet-dry demo but unfortunately our wiper / windshield animation isn´t quite there yet, so thats going to be for another dev update :)
The video is from a pre-alpha build so obviously all WIP disclaimers apply - quite a lot to be done still and the content itself will go under several passes by the time of release, but in any case it should hopefully still be a good glimpse at how things are coming together.

Road Shader Development
One thing we´ve been working on the last couple of weeks which might seem like a relatively minor development, but it´s actually a good showcase of what I referred above in terms of bridging the gaps in tech from AMS1 -> AMS2 both for efficiency and better results.

The new shaders integrates Livetrack with AMS1-alike road variations and blending, for a larger variety of track skid marks and surface wear, and seamless transition between roads, pavements, puddles, retaining the native Madness system for 3D marbles. The results are more dynamic and realistic than either were originally, and also speeds up the conversion process of tracks from AMS1.

AMS2 Production Status
Starting next month, we´ll be updating a list of cars and tracks confirmed for AMS2 release in December. This will allow you to keep track of our monthly progress in terms of cars and tracks added to the build as we move towards release.

Automobilista 2 Early Backing Campaign
Following the Announcement of Automobilista 2, a number of people enquired about the possibility of either pre-ordering or upping their backing level from our 2015 crowdfunding campaign to include AMS2-related perks.
We´ve come up with something that will hopefully seamlessly complement & integrate both the crowdfunding campaign and membership packs from AMS1, as well as provide a sustainable growth to AMS Beta / Reiza51 development forum. We´re calling it the Automobilista 2 Early Backing Campaign.
Although this wasn´t originally in our plans, as an independent studio a funding boost is always welcome, and it seems to make more sense to open up for backing from those who like us are most interested in the product itself.
Please note this is not a crowdfunding campaign for Automobilista 2 development, which continues to be funded by our regular revenue sources - the game doesn´t rely on any level of success from this campaign to be completed.
It is also not a standard Early Access program - it will eventually grant backers an early Beta access to the game before its official release, but that will only take place towards the final weeks of AMS2 development.
Essentially this is a pre-order with extra perks, allowing those interested in the sim to buy in early, get a nice overall discount and become more closely engaged with Automobilista 2 development.
Funding from the AMS2 Early Backing Campaign will be completely directed to boost development of Automobilista 2, particularly towards allowing us to acquire some premium licenses at a quicker rate and hopefully in time for initial release.
More information on this program and how to participate here.
If you are looking forward to Automobilista 2 but would rather wait for release, you may opt to add the game to your Steam wishlist via the AMS2 Steam Store page - Steam will then let you know as soon as it´s released!

That covers it for this month. We´ll be back for the next one in late july :)
Dukester

norbs

Post by norbs »

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Gees norbs you could have saved me the time & got the whole news out to the masses...
by the way the external side-by-side really shows how good AMS2 looks, much more realistic. :yes:

Reiza July 2019 Development Update

Hello everyone! We are back with another Dev Update to bring you the latest news about our active projects.
This has been another very busy month for the team, and possibly (hopefully!) the last in which we have worked in 3 different sims simultaneously (AMS1, rF2 & AMS2). It´s fair to say switching back and forth from engines doesn´t make things easy for the devs who are involved in all these fronts, so kudos to them for continuing to push hard in order to bring us up to the status I can now present to you :)
On rF2 there´s not much news yet as we´re still working on small update for the Bundle to fix a few remaining issues. This should not take long now.
For AMS1, we also didn´t quite make to release before the end of July as we had been aiming for, but August will surely see the release of Snetterton and Donington Park as final DLC items for Automobilista 1, along with a small patch for a few tweaks and minor bug fixes.
Both Snetterton and Donington have been modelled with the aid of LIDAR data and are along with the previously released brit tracks some of our most accurate models.

The main focus remain of course in Automobilista 2 and things continue to come along strongly there too, with a bunch of fresh cars and tracks being brought up to spec for the new engine as you´ll see peppered through this Dev Update :)

AMS1 vs AMS2 - Ultima GTR @ Snetterton Comparison
We found ourselves in an unusual position the last couple of months as we developed the same content both for the old title (AMS1) and the new one (AMS2) at the same time, as both Snetterton and Donington Park are being released as DLC for AMS1 and will be part of the base game in AMS2. It made for some interesting back and forth, and we thought it was worth putting together a comparison video.
Opinions may and will vary as they always do and obviously nothing from the AMS2 video is quite the finished article yet, but in any case we found it made for an interesting comparison. From a devs POV we left the experiment feeling both reassured that the old dog AMS1 was well put together and is still holding up, at the same time with confidence that AMS2 moves every front up a notch or three in the right direction and with lots of room for improvement still.
The most improved part is actually the physics as this is one of the cars that drive substantially better in AMS2, although you can´t see that in the video :)
It will take a few months still until you all can compare for yourselves but at least there will be some fresh AMS1 content to race with in this time!

Kyalami Grand Prix Circuit coming in AMS2!

We are happy to be wrapping up a licensing deal with the historical Kyalami Grand Prix Circuit which will see the track featuring in multiple versions from its rich history as base game content in Automobilista 2.
The recently upgraded Kyalami is located in Johannesburg SA, it has hosted the South African Grand Prix several times from the 60s all the way to the 90s, and as a Grade 2 FIA certified track it is currently one of the few viable options for a future return of F1 to the african continent.
Kyalami will feature in Automobilista 2 release with its latest revision along with the sweeping, high speed historical 1976 version, with the 1992 version to be added post-release.
This is an exciting deal for us as not only it highlights our goals of expanding the horizons for Automobilista 2, but also from a sim perspective it adds an interesting challenge as the track is located over 1500m above sea level. In AMS1 we unfortunately didn´t get around to completing our thermodynamic model, but with AMS2 we luckily have that out of the box as part of the Madness engine so when racing in Kyalami players will have to contend with the extra challenge of a high altitude location and the resulting sigificant toll in engine and aerodynamic performance.

Sprint Race also coming in AMS2

Sprint Race is a new brazilian series which we are excited to officially include in Automobilista 2.
Managed by ex driver Thiago Marques, the series offers a low budget entry point for new drivers and has remained a healthy popular series for several years now. It has recently made its first venture abroad for races in the USA.
Powered by a 260HP V6 engine with RWD, sequential 6-speed shifter and with a central driving position, this car serves as an excellent training tool for several types of racing and should be a perfect option for door-to-door action.

A reminder that you can already pre-order Automobilista 2 through the AMS2 Early Backing Campaign. We´d like to thank everyone who already bought in, the extra revenue stream is most helpful and it´s being put to good use with some fresh licenses already secured and others already lined up. More information on this program and how to participate here.
If you are looking forward to Automobilista 2 but would rather wait for release, you may opt instead to add the game to your Steam wishlist via the AMS2 Steam Store page - Steam will then let you know as soon as it´s released.

We got some more exciting news coming up but these we have to save for next month. Look forward to catching up again then, possibly a little earlier than usual :)

Dukester

w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

I prefer the sound of the original, but the benefit of basing it off PC2 is hopefully a less clunky menu. Also, have they mentioned if it's going to be available on consoles like PC2?
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

w00dsy wrote:I prefer the sound of the original, but the benefit of basing it off PC2 is hopefully a less clunky menu. Also, have they mentioned if it's going to be available on consoles like PC2?
I don't believe they have confirmed one way or the other but industry speculation is that may be their next step. Surely it would be too lucrative not to at some point unless their commercial licence for the madness engine doesn't allow it.
Dukester

norbs

Post by norbs »

AMS needs more exposure. The cars and tracks in that game are terrific, mainly because they are different.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Given some concerns following our AMS1 vs AMS2 comparison earlier this week, we´ve elected to do a new video of Automobilista 2 featuring the Ultima GTR Race spec in a couple of laps around Snetterton, running a more advanced version of the game and of that particular car / track combination. Session has 60x time acceleration as it speeds through the morning hours.
This capture has a higher bitrate which is more accurate to the game´s actual graphical quality.
Antialiasing is set to Supersampling on ultra. The system specs used are: i7-3770k CPU @ 3.50GHz, 16gb RAM, Geforce GTX 1070.
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Reiza September 2019 Development Update
Hello again everyone :)
September has been another busy month in an ongoing run of busy months that shall continue as we push flatout with development of Automobilista 2 - so let´s cut to the. chase and go straight into what we´ve been up to this past month.

AMS1 / rF2 Bundle Updates
We still have a few updates and fixes pending for these two releases which (at the risk of sounding repetitive) are due out soon. Please bare with us a little longer here :)

AMS2 Community Skins
We have recently announced in our development forum (restricted to Reiza Backers) that those who joined the AMS2 Early Backing Campaign will have the opportunity to become part of Automobilista 2 by submitting their own paintjob and driver name for any of the various fictional or semi-fictional series which will be present in the sim. and for which backers can apply to become one of the official drivers in Automobilista 2.
If you are a Backer and a capable skin painter, check out the various topics in Reiza51 for instructions on how to apply.
All talented skinners are welcome to come showcase your skills by submitting your application for any of the many series in Automobilista 2 open for community skins, such as this revamped Formula V12:
For the more prolific skinners out there, be advised we are also on the lookout for someone to join the team in an official capacity - if you´re interested in taking this a little more seriouslu shoot me a PM :)

New and familiar Brazilian Series for AMS2
As previously announced AMS2 will see the introduction of Brazilian Sprint Race Series. Powered by a 260HP V6 engine with RWD, sequential 6-speed shifter and with a central driving position, this car serves as an excellent training tool for several types of racing and should be a perfect option for door-to-door action.

AMS2 will also continue to feature the popular Brazilian Formula Vee, the popular trainer now in its latest model featuring a new engine and suspension geometry.

Making the Game Engine Tick
Back when we were developing Stock Car Extreme into Automobilista, a small but significant adjustment we made was bumping the physics tick rate from the original 360hz to 720hz, along with controller rates from 90hz to a (potential depending on setting) 360hz - what this effectively results in is noticeably higher fidelity from physics and better feedback for the controllers, as the game is running physics calcs and outputting feedback at a faster rate.
With the Madness engine we have been looking into it again and finding some good room for improvements. Tick rates are a simple thing to change but something to experiment with carefully as audio, physics and controller rates all interact within the game engine and ought to remain somewhat in sync, so a good deal of testing is needed to find the balance between what rates bring significant improvements without causing problems or performance issues.
The original tick rates had to mind performance on lower end consoles where there are more performance bottlenecks - given we don´t plan to release AMS2 in these consoles and PC hardware has continued to evolve over the years, combined with the fact our assets are generally lighter on resources has given us a little more leeway to tune up those tick rates and get a bit more fidelity all around.
The biggest boost this time so far has been on the audio front where tick rates have been bumped to substantially higher rates than it was and higher than the AMS1 audio engine (which ran @ 120hz) - the difference is even visible when analyzing the graphs below, showing two 100ms chunk of audio curves under the old and new rates:

Old Audio Frequency

New Audio Frequency

This naturally also results in substantial higher fidelity audio in-game, particularly with high revving F1 engines which are capable of covering a respectable RPM range over 100ms.
You can hear what we´ve got so far in the video below featuring 3 of these high-revving engines over a lap at Interlagos - (please keep in mind the usual WIP disclaimers):

On the physics front, the margins for upscaling tick rates were smaller as both physics and controller tick rates were already set at 600hz,but physics has also been bumped up to AMS1 level @ 720hz, as when you´re trying to tame a 1000bhp monster on slicks over standing water you need all control you can have - see for yourself :)

As before all videos are captured with fairly standard system specs (i7-3770k CPU @ 3.50GHz, 16gb RAM, Geforce GTX 1070) so rest assured we´re not planning on blowing any gaskets here :) on the contrary, AMS2 should remain very accessible in terms of hardware requirements.

Grinding the Tranny - Manual Transmission Model
Further development on the physics have been made on the drivetrain model, specifically for cars with manual boxes so as in AMS1 the driver can´t get away abusing his gearbox speedshifting or skipping gears without clutching or rev matching.

Here again we´re fortunate to rely on SMS legacy code which was somewhat similar to what we had in AMS1, so re-enabling it and merging with our own model has been relatively straight-forward - it´s already working reasonably as can be seen in the video below:

Obviously everything seen and heard here is early WIP and subject to a lot of fine tuning, but the good news is that this compounds what is overall a more advanced model which will among other things eventually include damage to gears and gearbox altogether from recurring miss-shifts.

London Team Meeting
One of the catalysts for the recent developments has been our team meetings in London - for those not aware Reiza doesn´t have a physical studio so devs work from their own location worldwide, and all team work is done remotely. This is suits us fine generally but we also find it productive and personally rewarding to get together once in a while to perform a few days of intense in loco team work.
Unfortunately not many from Reiza could make it this time but the London setting wasn´t accidental as there we also got the opportunity to meet some of the key people at Slightly Mad Studios, and for a few days consult with some of their lead devs over various topics regarding the development of Automobilista 2 with the Madness engine.

From left to right: SMS Andy Garton, Myself, Reiza Dom Lovric, SMS Ged Keaveney and Reiza Dave Stephenson

From the start of the relationship SMS has proved themselves to be great and enthusiastic partners, generous with their time, knowledge and assets, without which we wouldn´t have a chance of meeting the very aggressive development schedule we have set for ourselves with Automobilista 2. This again proved the case in London where we were treated with great hospitality and able to feed on their expertise, for which we are most grateful.

That cover it for September! We have a couple more updates to go so expect things to pick up steam from now onwards with more info about the development of AMS2 and our longer term goals for it, the premium licenses we are in process of securing and everything else we´re aiming to deliver for it´s initial release and continuous development over the coming years.
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Reiza November 2019 Development Update
Hello everyone, and welcome again for a new edition of our monthly Development Update!
It´s hard to believe it´s already November! It was afterall around this time last year that we had committed to switching to the Madness engine for Automobilista 2 after a couple of months of experimentation, and what an intense year it has been since :)
As we approach the end of the road for 2019, we can´t help but be proud of what´s been achieved this year. The whole team has been pushing like mad and even though we didn´t quite make our ambitious plan for an initial release in December and while there is still a lot of work to be done, I feel we can be happy with the progress that has been made and confident that AMS2 will reach its initial release time in the shape we had hoped it to be in 12 months ago.
That doesn't mean slowing down any time soon - as was the case with AMS1, the initial release of AMS2 won´t be the end of development but rather the end of the beginning. We have an intensive development plan already mapped out through 2020 all they way into 2021, filled a bunch of very exciting things we´re really looking forward to share with you all, but that unfortunately can´t just yet :p
While we continue pushing, we are getting closer closer to AMS2 initial public release and with that in mind our goal is to wrap for the holidays in December with a solid Alpha build, leading into a solid Beta release in February closed to Reiza Backers, before finally reaching official release later in March.
To that end, here´s a recap of some of the work done over the last month.

Force Feedback Development
In last month´s Dev Update we touched upon the development of a new FFB system, which I´m happy to say has been wrapped to very satisfactory results. Here are some words from our man @Domagoj Lovric summing up his work on this front:
"What forms the torque we feel on steering wheel? The torque acting on a steering system is attributed to reacting forces and moments on the tyre contact patch such as tyre load, lateral force, longitudinal force. These forces generate moment around steering axis, known also as "kingpin axis".
How much of an "influence" each of these forces has depends on mentioned steering axis, mainly inclination against vertical wheel line in longitudinal direction and inclination from a side view - better known as caster.
Aside from just taking angles into account, we also have (as consequence of this inclination) - steering axis projection on ground offset: scrub radius in lateral plane and mechanical trail (caster trail) in longitudinal. This moment around kingpin axis will transfer a force into the steering rack, via steering arm and tie-rod.
In a very simplified summary, these are the forces that are factored in AMS2 FFB - we are basically using complete front geometry to calculate force at steering rack, which makes it a natural successor to the Realfeel system we used in AMS1.
In real life, important additional factors to consider are internal friction and damping of all steering components, as well as potential power steering assistance. These and other factors will eventually compose the system as we continue to develop it over AMS2 dev cycle".

The Formula V12 hits the Track
One of our most popular releases in SCE / AMS was the Formula V12. The car was based off 1995-spec F1 regulations which imposed drastic aerodynamics changes following the tragedies of 1994. This led to the first cars of its generation producing far less downforce than at any other point from the early 80s to today. Combining that with a power reduction from 800 HP to around 650 HP as engine displacement was reduced to 3L meant that cars were more skittish, but overall less lethal.
Compounding the downforce loss, the regulation changes also led to mid 90s F1 cars becoming notoriously pitch sensitive, meaning aero balance would tend to shift considerably from front to rear depending front wing height. So the way to drive them fast specially through quick corners was to keep speed as high up and constant as the driver so the car´s attitude wouldn´t change so much and with it its aero balance, making it harder for its not-so large slicks to keep the nimble 605kg machines adhering to the tarmac.
That is one of the things that made Michael Schumacher such a standout performer relative to his peers over the course of that decade, as even though his driving style could on the surface appear wild and erratic due to the sheer volume of micro steering corrections mid corner, he was actually managing to keep the car in that higher, thin threshold of optimal aero performance that ultimately resulted in him achieving laptimes that would regularly embarrass his teammates with absurd gaps of 1-2s, specially on faster tracks.
It was an interesting challenge to try reproduce in the sim, and we felt we did a fairly good job of it in SCE / AMS´s Formula V12. A car with such sensitivity to minor inputs was always going to benefit from physics and FFB upgrades, so unsuprisingly it´s become one of the distinct highlights in AMS2 when combined with the more dynamic SETA tyre model, the higher input rates and now with a more unfiltered FFB system, resulting in a notably enhanced experience even with a lower level Force Feedback wheel - with a higher fidelity DD wheel it becomes positively organic.
It´s something that can only be properly appreciated from experiencing it - video previews are a poor substitute but since that´s what we can offer for now, here are a few laps of the F-V12 having its tyres literally flexed for a few quick laps around Kansai, looking better than ever:

Here also you can also check out some of the latest shader developments from the track art team - while there´s much still we plan to achieve with this engine over the ongoing development cycle of AMS2, this is closer representation of what the game will look like on release.

Stock Car V8 - 40 years of History
This year has been a landmark season for the Brazilian Stock Car series as it completed 40 years since its debut season back in 1979. The championship is still raging on, with the final race of year due to take place on December 15th, as usual at its spiritual home Interlagos.
The series of course is with which 10 years go it all began for us too as it was the subject our debut title Game Stock Car, released in 2011. The series remain one of our flagships and in Automobilista 2 we will celebrate its 40 years of History, not only keeping the original Opala Stock Cars and the current Cruze prototype from 2019, but expanding it with the Chevrolet Omega from 1999:

It´s all too fitting then that 2020 will see the series´ first major technical revamp in 10 years with the introduction of a new manufacturer Toyota, with more expected to join the party in coming seasons as the series shifts to become more true to its name and use more "Stock" versions of the street cars, albeit still powered by custom mighty V8s.
Below is a preview of what the new car is expected to look like - this and its GM Cruze counterparts are expected to debut at Goiania in March 2020, and you may look forward to making their debut in virtual tracks with Automobilista 2 around the same time :)

The exciting new cars along with some of the main cars that made up its history in the past 40 years are only a part of what´s in store for this new chapter of the Reiza - Stock Car relationship - more exciting things to come here, so watch this space :)

Automobilista 2 Community Skins
A reminder that hose who join AMS2 Early Backing Campaign have the opportunity to become part of Automobilista 2 by creating their own livery for any of the various fictional or semi-fictional series in the sim:

Automobilista 2 is scheduled for release in March 2020. You may pre-order Automobilista 2 through the AMS2 Early Backing Campaign - more information on this program and how to participate here.
If you are looking forward to Automobilista 2 but would rather wait for release, you may opt instead to add the game to your Steam wishlist via the AMS 2 Steam Store page to receive email notifications upon release and other relevant news.

That´s it for November - now on to December! We look forward to catching up with you again next month for the final and exciting news of 2019 :)
Dukester

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

The last race of the 2019 Brazilian Stock Car Season will be at Interlagos this Sunday - to celebrate the occasion we produced this trailer with Automobilista 2.
Next year will be great for both real and virtual Stock Car!
Dukester