Penske buys IndyCar and Indianapolis Motor Speedway

Chat about Formula 1, V8's, Indycar etc
Forum rules
Please be careful about posting results in threads discussing current sporting events.

Where possible can the first person to start a thread on an event add *spoilers included* (or similar) to the thread title so that all discussion on the event is kept in one place and readers are aware that the content may contain the results.

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Penske buys IndyCar and Indianapolis Motor Speedway

Post by Duke »

Big motorsport news today: Penske buys IndyCar and Indianapolis Motor Speedway
“My passion for racing began at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway in 1951 when I attended the Indianapolis 500 with my father,” Penske said.
“We have so much respect and appreciation for the history and tradition of the Speedway and the sport of IndyCar racing. “I want to thank Hulman & Company for the opportunity to build on this legacy and it will be an honour for Penske Corporation to help lead these great institutions forward into a new era.”

Chairman of Hulman & Company, Tony George, added: “We recently approached Roger Penske and Penske Corporation about this opportunity and began working to put an agreement in place.
“The Indianapolis Motor Speedway has been the centrepiece and the cathedral of motorsports since 1909 and the Hulman-George family has proudly served as the steward of this great institution for more than 70 years. “Now, we are honoured to pass the torch to Roger Penske and Penske Corporation, as they become just the fourth owner of the iconic Speedway.
“There is no one more capable and qualified than Roger and his organisation to lead the sport of IndyCar racing and the Indianapolis Motor Speedway into the future.”
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."