COVID-19

all the ARSE dribble
pixelboy

Re: COVID-19

Post by pixelboy »

It's not smart.. when a case comes in, they send an alert to everyone who went to any of the locations, even if you've received multiple alerts already.

So far I have ascertained that Dan Murphys is more dangerous than Coles or Woolworths!!
eek
Santaria

Post by Santaria »

I've stopped bothering with the app in QLD. It's not worth the effort. Masks, distance and will stay at home when I get sick.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197999720352]Image[/url]
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

I've decided to do the same as our Premier freely admits they no longer contact trace via QR codes.

It's getting to the point now that we just have to take personal responsibility with COVID.
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

Yep everyone here has stopped too, they aren't actually doing anything, I was at the pub on the weekend and some dude just showed his vaccine card and they let him in, nobody cares about this stupid checkin shit anymore
Brett_S

Post by Brett_S »

pixelboy wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:23 pm It's not smart.. when a case comes in, they send an alert to everyone who went to any of the locations, even if you've received multiple alerts already.

So far I have ascertained that Dan Murphys is more dangerous than Coles or Woolworths!!
haha, the local Bunnings is rampant with Covid according to the alerts I've been getting

Not a good thing, but some of my family and extended family are currently with Covid or recently had it. My wife's uncle has been in and out of ICU for a week but is gradually getting better.

With kids now back at school I'm guessing cases will ramp up again.
This is the way the world works, if you want want to find some quality friends you have to wade through all the d**ks first - Eric Cartman
pixelboy

Post by pixelboy »

To duke's point,

It's definitely personal responsibility now. Like the flu or similar.

Protect yourself and try to avoid infecting others!
eek
Bails MacKenzie

Post by Bails MacKenzie »

We had a big COVID outbreak at work during this years Grain Harvest (Nov-Jan), since we hire a lot of teenagers to fill the more lethal jobs on the roster we had two separate groups come back from NYE parties with positive cases.

We got pretty lucky that the entire site didn't close and five of us got away without catching anything (Out of 46), though it showed us how RAT tests only detect COVID if you're already sick, we'd have a group of people test negative, they'd work a day then test positive the next day once they started feeling worse.

After we survived all that one guy went and caught a bug that's now swept through the entire organisation faster than COVID did, I got tonsillitis from the infection but keep testing negative, so that's something. Guessing the lack of public exposure is making me more susceptible to "common" illness.
Santaria

Post by Santaria »

With vax rates being fairly high it seems to be keeping people out of hospital unlike it was with the US and UK. I still worry about my kids to be honest when they go back full-time. They're social kids (unlike their dad) and it's starting to get to them being without their friends and playmates. Master 7 is 1st shot vaxxed, Miss 4 isn't.

The youngest's day care has had COVID come through a few times that we've been alerted to. The eldest isn't back in school yet as we decided to keep him home for the fortnight extra.

smithcorp
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Post by smithcorp »

Kids having to do RATs every two days before school is a pain - poor things. I hate having to subject them to this. My 8-year-old ends up in tears each time.
pixelboy

Post by pixelboy »

So my son tested positive (PCR) after one of his mates who came for sleepover on Saturday tested positive.

I expect that I'll also test positive eventually. We both had a negative RAT yesterday but he got a + PCR today.. I'll go and get a PCR tomorrow.

Happy days!
eek
Bails MacKenzie

Post by Bails MacKenzie »

Dad went and got tested yesterday and got a positive result at 3am, Went and got tested myself and got a positive not too long ago.
Bit of a shame after just getting over the tonsillitis, haven't spent much time at work for a while, but I can really notice the difference between the illnesses, feels like it's sitting in my bones.
smithcorp
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Post by smithcorp »

Pix and Bails - sorry to hear hope you and the kids are okay
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

Quite the read about Joe Rogan (Men's Goops) here.

Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Santaria

Post by Santaria »

The amount by of people that blindly follow and defend Rogan is bonkers. I used to listen to him a bit, and agree with some of his stuff but he's definitely gone full derp with the COVID stuff.

norbs

Post by norbs »

Now Morrison has it.
pixelboy

Post by pixelboy »

I'm surprised he didn't get it earlier. The amount of people interaction he has.
eek
smithcorp
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Post by smithcorp »

Probably caught it from Piers Morgan which would be fitting.
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

norbs wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:18 am Now Morrison has it.
He's just avoiding having to do any work around the flood relief efforts...

Ive been working from home this last week as my son caught it at his school last Wednesday. We were notified that it was in his classroom on Wednesday arvo and around 4pm he was complaining of a headache. Tested him around 5pm and it was positive.

Hes doing well tho. Was pretty average for a night and 1 day then started to be himself again. Complains that food tastes funny or wrong but apart from that, had a headache, felt cold and lost a lot of colour in his face. No cough at all so that was good.

The twins, my wife and myself have somehow managed to remain negative this last week. The twins are able to go back to school on Thursday, my son is out of iso on Saturday (10 days iso) but my wife and I are meant to do 14 days total since we cant isolate away from our son completely.
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
pixelboy

Post by pixelboy »

smithcorp wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:05 am Probably caught it from Piers Morgan which would be fitting.
That would be hilarious!

Hope you're all good KNAPPO, my son about a month ago got it but both my wife and I never tested positive..
eek
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Five out of the eleven people in my team have had it now with another spending a week at home with her husband who had it but she didn't test positive. Seems only a matter of time if I haven't actually had it already!
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
Santaria

Post by Santaria »

Nephew who lives with us tested positive. We're all fine so far. He's relegated to his room and a mask outside of that only if he has to be there.
So we're in 7 day isolation. Hoping it doesn't hit my daughter too hard who has health issues. She's 4.

Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

The whole family tested positive on Thursday. Eldest was hardest hit but he's alright now. Youngest barely any symptoms at all and Giselle and I both feeling a little bit shit but really nothing too bad.

The 5yo and the 65kg dog are already starting to go a bit mental being stuck inside all day though...
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

We're almost back to normal in the UK now.

We no longer have to wear masks at my work but it's a bit 70-30 in favour of keeping them on at the moment. I still wear one because the nature of my job is that I sit with people for long periods so it's safer to keep it on.

The local supermarket has got rid of the screens in between the self service tills and the gel stations have largely gone. I've been in a couple of coffee shops where the screens are also gone and no one is masked behind the counter.

We're starting a second booster program for over 75's in the UK as it's clear that your antibodies drop off over time. I've carried on with the testing at work. 9 days after my booster my antibody levels were good and a 1 in 80 dilution of my plasma was good enough to kill a set amount of covid. After 9 weeks that was down to 1 in 20 (i.e. it needed 4x more volume of plasma to kill the same amount) and it's probably almost nil now but my T-cells are still high.
ARSE Biscuits! Driftu Kingu!
My Flickr Stream
Santaria

Post by Santaria »

It's mostly back to normal in QLD too. It's no longer worrying about putting people into hospital but it's deceimating the workforce. Shops in my town have closed on occasion because they've not had any staff.
Support workers have been pulled from non essential supports to keep the 24/7 caring roles going. One organisation had 8 of their 30 staff away and it's they same for the others.

norbs

Post by norbs »