COVID-19

all the ARSE dribble
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Re: COVID-19

Post by norbs »

Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

Have a spare 1070 sitting idle. Time for it to do something at least.
norbs

Post by norbs »

r8response wrote:Have a spare 1070 sitting idle. Time for it to do something at least.

Even CPUs can crunch numbers.
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

norbs wrote:
r8response wrote:Have a spare 1070 sitting idle. Time for it to do something at least.

The GPU is far out stripping anything the CPU can do atm.

norbs

Post by norbs »

r8response wrote:
norbs wrote:

The GPU is far out stripping anything the CPU can do atm.

Perfectly normal. That is the reason I have 8 GPUs for mining crypto currency. 4 are folding at the moment. It is funny, I used to Fold and do SETI years ago. Like 20 years ago!

Back to Covid19

Montey

Post by Montey »

Sydney Watson describes what it's like to be experiencing #COVID19 (pre-test confirmation).

- When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy.
- If youre paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many pancakes fit in a doghouse? None! Icecream doesn't have bones!!!
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Who the Fark is Sydney Watson?
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

People are just going insane over here now.
I passed the local supermarket this morning and they were queueing to get in for opening at 10am. Every parking space was taken. Passed another and saw one guy coming out, stacked up to the eyeballs with loo roll. Bell end.
ARSE Biscuits! Driftu Kingu!
My Flickr Stream
durbster
The Whack Wasp Warrior

Post by durbster »

So much for the famous British attitude of keep calm and carry on. :(

Although to be fair, most people probably are just doing that.

Gov needs to step in and tell people to settle down and stop buying a three year supply of toilet paper for no apparent reason. The elderly and people who struggle to travel should be given first dibs at least, as they can't go dashing round town hunting loo rolls down.
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

My daughter stacks shelves at a supermarket and she's been copping abuse from customers. It's weird how everyone says on social media about how we should save the planet etc but as soon as something like this shows up it's every man for themselves.
norbs

Post by norbs »

w00dsy wrote:My daughter stacks shelves at a supermarket and she's been copping abuse from customers. It's weird how everyone says on social media about how we should save the planet etc but as soon as something like this shows up it's every man for themselves.
This is an imminent threat. People are scared. Long term, I think climate change is a bigger issue, but I still know a bunch of people that say that is fake news!
StanDaam

Post by StanDaam »

durbster wrote:The elderly and people who struggle to travel should be given first dibs at least, as they can't go dashing round town hunting loo rolls down.
Woolworths and a few IGA supermarkets are apparently going to bring in a rule that the first hour of business is for the elderly and disabled in response to our herd behavior. :yes:
norbs

Post by norbs »

Exclusive!
norbs

Post by norbs »

StanDaam wrote:
durbster wrote:The elderly and people who struggle to travel should be given first dibs at least, as they can't go dashing round town hunting loo rolls down.
Woolworths and a few IGA supermarkets are apparently going to bring in a rule that the first hour of business is for the elderly and disabled in response to our herd behavior. :yes:
Time to bust out my cardigan, and roll in moth balls and piss!
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

norbs wrote:
StanDaam wrote:
soooo.. business as usual? :D :lol:
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

norbs wrote:
StanDaam wrote:

You're probably old enough to have a concession card... Just roll up in your pajamas like you normally would.
StanDaam

Post by StanDaam »

Ged orf ma lawn!!
:oldie:
Cursed

Post by Cursed »

norbs wrote:

Exclusive!
I find it hard to believe they actually learned from history, but this is how they got their rocket/space/jet engine development up to speed after WW2!
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197962772149]Image[/url]
pixelboy

Post by pixelboy »

We spent the afternoon shutting down the office today. All our staff are working from home. It was really weird.. I'm not sure when we'll be back..
eek
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

@sniffpetrol
·
58m
Working at home? Replicate the feeling of being in an office by getting Janet from accounts to record a nine hour loop of her talking absolute shit about things she's heard from her brother-in-law who used to be in the police

:D
My Flickr Stream
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

@louistheroux
·
9h
I have some toilet paper if anyone needs any. It is used but only on one side. #thinkingofothers
My Flickr Stream
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

My brother has tested positive for it. He feels fine, just a slight cough after returning from a holiday in Vietnam.
My Flickr Stream
norbs

Post by norbs »

To be blunt, I am concerned that the Trump administration’s shortsighted policies have left us unprepared for a dangerous epidemic that will come sooner or later. - Jan 27th, Joe Biden.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/ ... 581710002/
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

TED talk from 2015 ...

Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

We were due to travel to Vietnam last night with our 4 month old but we were already a little concerned 4-6 weeks ago, the airline re-scheduled our flight back then so we took advantage of that to cancel with a full refund.

The time to panic buy was weeks ago, I've been slowly stocking up on things, few extra bags of rice, canned food, whey powder, stuff I probably should always have anyway in the 'Cyclone Kit'. The wife and her parents already have a bunch of stuff like frozen dried fish they always bring back from Vietnam, if the worst happens we can survive for some time and avoid price gouging. I'll be heading to the servo today with some jerry cans just as a precaution and will keep the cars topped up regularly. All of this is stuff that will be used anyway. If you think there is a risk of something you need becoming scarce then act early but within reason.

Edit: I should add that all the remote aboriginal communities in the NT have effectively been locked down, as far as i know there is a single case in Darwin of someone who flew in from Sydney a week or so ago but no other confirmed cases. Aboriginal people however are in high risk categories and it could be really devastating to have this virus go through communities. It's throwing my work into chaos at the moment, one of my projects we expect to have 11 dwellings complete and handed over next week which is now in doubt, new projects can't commence because new contractors won't be allowed into communities.