Film scenes that annoy you

Chat about stuff you've seen
durbster
The Whack Wasp Warrior

Re: Film scenes that annoy you

Post by durbster »

Big Kev wrote:Star Wars: The Force Awakens
When Rey and Fin are sprinting to the ship and she does the line about they've got a pilot and the garbage will do. She says the lines as if she's just standing still and not out of breath from sprinting 200m.....like Fin does. Sticks out a mile. They should have got her to run up a couple of flights of stairs and then do the voice over of the line.
Despite our boy watching TFA about a hundred times when he was younger, I don't think I noticed that. Is it not because they're introducing the idea that Rey is super powerful and Fin isn't?
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

Never even thought of it like that but surely she isn't all powerful yet. Just seems really out of place to me.
ARSE Biscuits! Driftu Kingu!
My Flickr Stream
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

I love the fact that the main gripes in this thread about TFA is chickens not being scared and someone not being out of breath while running. Never mind the aliens, super powers and space ships, this other stuff is unrealistic
durbster
The Whack Wasp Warrior

Post by durbster »

Big Kev wrote:Never even thought of it like that but surely she isn't all powerful yet. Just seems really out of place to me.
One of the main thrusts of that scene is that he tries to save her but she ends up saving him because she's a strong independent woman, so that's kind of what I'm getting at rather than the Force stuff. I can't remember it exactly but doesn't he go to step in to beat up a Storm Trooper but she does it instead?
w00dsy wrote:I love the fact that the main gripes in this thread about TFA is chickens not being scared and someone not being out of breath while running. Never mind the aliens, super powers and space ships, this other stuff is unrealistic Image
It is a weird thing isn't it. I think we're fine with pretty much anything happening in a story until we feel somehow cheated. If we get the sense that our story teller doesn't respect us, it can ruin the whole thing.
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

Mission: Impossible

Tom Cruise sending an email to 'Max@Job 3:14' and it doesn't bounce as an invalid address!!! :)
My Flickr Stream
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

In Jurassic Park, why do the kids climb the fence when they could have easily got through the gaps?

My Flickr Stream
durbster
The Whack Wasp Warrior

Post by durbster »

Haha! we watched that a couple of weeks ago and I said the exact same thing 😁