ARSE motorbikes

Chat about cars, motorbikes and all other transport
Dr. Pain

ARSE motorbikes

Post by Dr. Pain »

May as well start a new thread to talk all things motorbikes rather than have it hidden in the thread about my bike.

I went for a ride last Friday and got caught in a thunderstorm. It was hosing down and water over the road as it couldn't drain fast enough. Only thing that was waterproof were my boots and it took two days to dry my gear. But it was good experience for me being a learner. Only felt the front slide once and it was only a little but other than that bike felt planted and I just took my time to get back to my girlfriends place.
Minister for Religious Genocide.
Santaria

Re: RE: ARSE motorbikes

Post by Santaria »

Dr. Pain wrote:May as well start a new thread to talk all things motorbikes rather than have it hidden in the thread about my bike.

I went for a ride last Friday and got caught in a thunderstorm. It was hosing down and water over the road as it couldn't drain fast enough. Only thing that was waterproof were my boots and it took two days to dry my gear. But it was good experience for me being a learner. Only felt the front slide once and it was only a little but other than that bike felt planted and I just took my time to get back to my girlfriends place.
I'm an all season rider. Getting wet weather experience is a must I reckon. My brother avoids it as much as he can. I've been caught in some massive storms being in Central QLD. Keep your bike as upright as possible when turning and avoid all white lines and well worn wheel tracks on the highway.

Never skimp on tyres.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197999720352]Image[/url]
Sarsippius

Re: ARSE motorbikes

Post by Sarsippius »

I'm planning to avoid wet weather as much as possible but that will be difficult up here this time of year where isolated patches of rain can materialise seemingly out of nowhere. Previously I commuted so would get caught in rain all the time but had waterproof overpants, waterproof jacket and boots. Plexus is really good stuff for cleaning the helmet visor, the rain streams off the outside and I never had issues with fogging, I actually felt I had better visibility in rain on the bike versus the car.

I put the bike in for a service last Thursday, there's like three reputable mechanics/shops up here and they're all booked out weeks in advance at the moment. These guys have had people fall sick too so they haven't been able to get to my bike but it should be ready today, almost a week later. I've only had it a bit over a month but it was funny just how much I was missing the bike over the weekend.

As the bike was in the shop I couldn't do the riding course I had booked last Sunday but it hasn't turned out so bad as I'll be heading to the blokes house tomorrow for some 1-on-1 instead. I'm thinking of heading out to Litchfield National Park this Sunday, it's about an hour out of Darwin but is the only decent bit of twisty road around these parts. I'm kinda wondering if I'm tempting fate though, that was where I stacked it ~12 years ago. From around 10 in the morning I didn't get to Darwin hospital till the evening, the Landcruiser troopy come ambulance had to come from the clinic in Batchelor, nearly an hour to pick me up, then back to Batchelor clinic to wait for the Ambulance to come from Darwin :faint:
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

It's all happening for me of late with bike related stuff. Can't get off my L's thanks to lockdowns. My test keeps getting put back in dates and now I need an extension on the permit. My bike is on a recall as the bloody fork reflectors don't meet Australian standard.

But even worse was two or so months ago I hit a kangaroo. The bastard came out of long grass at right angles straight into my front wheel. I was only doing 80 as where I was is shocking for roo's. It was only small and somehow it ended up bouncing off the front and going between the forks and engine. My right boot was on the brake and that smashed into it's arse. The bike hardly moved. It stayed up right and it felt like a speed bump. No damage to the bike or me other than scaring the absolute fuck out of me! It was a slow ride home and I didn't go out on the bike for a couple of days. I seriously got away with one!

Anyway it hasn't stopped me but bloody COVID is with not getting my P's and my bike needs it's 12 month service. :(
Santaria

Post by Santaria »

Hope you're able to get off your permits mate.

I haven't been riding much as I have a work car now but get out on the weekends as much as I can. Haven't done anything to the bike other than standard servicing and a new front tyre.

My wife got her Ls too so I bought a 2013 Ninja 300 for her that looked a bit rough. Stripped it all back to frame and engine and cleaned/replaced bits, fork seals, exhaust back to standard (LAMS bikes get picked on heaps for mods up here) some electrical work for her tail tidy and some elbow grease on scratches.

When I got the Ninja I had the opportunity to swap my M90 Bully back to my Ninja 1000. I had out 15,000 on the bully and he had only put 5,000ks on the Ninja. I was really keen and then I rode my wife's Ninja back home when we bought it. I don't miss the cramped legs and weight on the wrists. He was a bit bummed but I stuck with the M90,

You been to any of the group meets Dr? Also, you sure Servicing is 12 months? Seems VERY long for a bike. Usually it's 6 months or 6,000ks, whichever is first.

Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

I haven't done any group rides yet Santa. As for servicing, I had a 1000 k service to change the oil but after that it's an annual service and a service every 12,000 k's. It's due for the annual and I only have 9000 k's on the clock. It does need the chain tightened so hopefully they will be open soon to service it.

It's a great little bike. Got a bit of a flat spot in power but it's a 500cc cruiser. It eats up freeway speeds no trouble and is cheap to run. Being a Honda it will last forever if I keep up the oil changes.
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
StanDaam

Post by StanDaam »

Seems safe n sturdy!
Add to cart!
:bike:
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

I don't recommend this but it shows how mental the litre + sports bikes really are! :yikes:

Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Christ, I've done 250km/hr as a teenager on a 1000 GSXR & shit was going past way too fast. I couldn't imagine +400km/hr that's just mental. :faint:
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
Santaria

Post by Santaria »

Duke wrote:Christ, I've done 250km/hr as a teenager on a 1000 GSXR & shit was going past way too fast. I couldn't imagine +400km/hr that's just mental. :faint:
Not to mention how fast they can get there. I've been on the 299km/h mark often. I'm happy with my big fat cruiser these days. Can only live so long going those speeds. The more you go that fast, the less it gives you that rush.