2020 Formula 1 Rolex Sakhir Grand Prix

Chat about Formula 1, V8's, Indycar etc
Forum rules
Please be careful about posting results in threads discussing current sporting events.

Where possible can the first person to start a thread on an event add *spoilers included* (or similar) to the thread title so that all discussion on the event is kept in one place and readers are aware that the content may contain the results.

KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Re: 2020 Formula 1 Rolex Sakhir Grand Prix

Post by KNAPPO »

Ude be fucking fuming!!!

Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Re: RE: Re: 2020 Formula 1 Rolex Sakhir Grand Prix

Post by Exar Kun »

DarrenM wrote: The track ended up being better than I expected with passes getting done in 4 different spots.
Agreed - I didn't think anyone would be able to run side by side through the second sector like F2 did.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
durbster
The Whack Wasp Warrior

Post by durbster »

That was not a good race to watch on my laptop in bed next to my sleeping wife. I spent half the race desperately trying to stifle squeals and swears. :eyepop:

This season has had some incredible drama hasn't it. What amazing script-writing by the racing gods. Coulthard said about halfway through that Russell was going to cruise to the win and I winced, but I never expected that. And what a story to have Perez get the first win for the team that has sacked him.

You have to feel for Bottas now. I can't see how he can come back from that. I hope Lewis got a reality check too.

Surely Leclerc now been involved in as many incidents as Grosjean had when he got the "first lap nutcase" moniker? Vettel just sounded bitter about it last week but he clearly had a point.
norbs

Post by norbs »

When a guy can jump in your car and lead the race, comfortably, it says a lot about the car. It took a massive fuck up to steal the win from him.

Give LeClerc, Verstappen, Ricciardo, Russell, Perez and maybe Vettel, a car that good and no way Lewis has 7 WCs. Possibly still the best driver out there, but made to look so much better by a clearly dominant car.

What is going to be interesting is if he is let back this weekend. Will he be exempt from the 14 day isolation rule? Or is it different in F1?
durbster
The Whack Wasp Warrior

Post by durbster »

I read earlier he has to have a positive test before 5pm on Saturday.
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

norbs wrote:When a guy can jump in your car and lead the race, comfortably, it says a lot about the car. It took a massive fuck up to steal the win from him.

It showed how important the team was too, which is often overlooked. The best car and best driver can't always win if the team isn't on top of their game. The guys at the track aren't the ones that design the car so there's really 3 main factors.
norbs

Post by norbs »

w00dsy wrote:
norbs wrote:When a guy can jump in your car and lead the race, comfortably, it says a lot about the car. It took a massive fuck up to steal the win from him.

It showed how important the team was too, which is often overlooked. The best car and best driver can't always win if the team isn't on top of their game. The guys at the track aren't the ones that design the car so there's really 3 main factors.

Damn right!
GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

Mercedes are normally scared of making extra pitstops in races, so it was strange to see them try this one. And of course, they cock it up
norbs

Post by norbs »

All the WC are sewn up. Can't be making Lewis look bad.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

Netflix were in their garage for that race. They seem to curse whichever team they're following!
ARSE Biscuits! Driftu Kingu!
My Flickr Stream
durbster
The Whack Wasp Warrior

Post by durbster »

I don't know how much say the teams have in what they can film but I think they got off pretty lightly from the Hockenheim episode last year. I suppose they can't make the big teams look too bad.
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

Lewis was sick that weekend too.