Valheim

General game chat
richo

Re: Valheim

Post by richo »

Join with IP , easy and quick . For some reason it never shows in my recent servers ?

167.179.144.206:2459
[]D [] []v[] []D
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Doesn't show in my server history either, but adding it as a favourite in steam fixed that.

Seems most have moved to playing it single player? 7 arses playing this afternoon but only 2 on the arse server.
richo

Post by richo »

Quite a few ARSE's on now but only me in the server .

Coming from playing years and years of Rust and Conan its pretty slow paced but fun all the same .
[]D [] []v[] []D
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

I play a bit on my own, a bit with Steve and Box and a bit with the guys at work. I have wandered around ARSE a few times on my own as well.

Maybe a specific time is the go?
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Cursed

Post by Cursed »

norbs wrote:Maybe a specific time is the go?
I'd be up for that. I feel like if I go and play in singleplayer I'm cheating on my fellow arses.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197962772149]Image[/url]
norbs

Post by norbs »

I wonder if we could trade stuff? Put up a stall and sign with a trade on it?

200 Honey swap 50 fire arrows. :D
norbs

Post by norbs »

Er. You ok? :rofl:
norbs

Post by norbs »

I am taking the ARSE world down. Given the fact that I have had to shut down the server a heap of times this week due to storms.

The world files are here for those that want them.

https://mega.nz/file/G9kkgagI#4tX8c44Fa ... iB1YtC8txw
richo

Post by richo »

I haven't been able to connect to the ARSEKings server for awhile , that would probably be why .

I must be doing the online thing wrong because I only ever see servers with passwords , doesn't seem to be like Rust etc where anyone can jump on.
[]D [] []v[] []D
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

I'm yet to experience anything in a game as frantic as trying to Take All in a swamp from your old grave when it doesn't all fit.

Shit shit shit my level 3 bronze mace didn't go in, do I ditch the 3 berrys or 1 thistle!!!!
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

Or desperately trying to press R after accidentally punching a Sharman after you forgot you tucked your stuff away to run out of the black forest faster at nighttime.
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

Or trying to smash the E key to leave a troll cave as he's about to teabag you because this time it won't automatically let you leave.
norbs

Post by norbs »

Or sailing after a mate who ran off to get 2 gravestones that we hadnt talked about, only to have him turn 180 degrees and sprint back past you.... :)
norbs

Post by norbs »

Or running into a fenced area with a Draugr on your arse and your mate saying he will close the door, so you stop inside the gate and watch said Draugr beat your fucking head in as your mate is repairing the door with his hammer, not closing it.
w00dsy

Re: RE: Re: Valheim

Post by w00dsy »

norbs wrote:Or sailing after a mate who ran off to get 2 gravestones that we hadnt talked about, only to have him turn 180 degrees and sprint back past you.... :)
Fucking liar, it was 4 graves.
norbs

Re: RE: Re: Valheim

Post by norbs »

w00dsy wrote:
norbs wrote:Or sailing after a mate who ran off to get 2 gravestones that we hadnt talked about, only to have him turn 180 degrees and sprint back past you.... :)
Fucking liar, it was 4 graves.

The first 2 we had agreed upon! :rofl:
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

I think I'd only planned getting 1 at a time but got greedy when I saw 4 in a straight line. I went full Usian Bolt and then fucked up the boat boarding.
Cursed

Post by Cursed »

If you can't find the Trader in your game, here's a map generating website that will tell you the places he can spawn. The first place you find he will spawn at:
https://valheim-map.world/
All you need is the world seed.

I just ran up my single-player map and found that all my Trader spawns are a looong way away. It was very disheartening.
https://valheim-map.world/?seed=ksicmDf ... er=0.148.6
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197962772149]Image[/url]
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

I did the same thing with the world map. There's no way I would have found him.
norbs

Post by norbs »

I took 11 days in game for me to find one.
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

New Valheim content arrived the other day. Mistlands! :)

trailer:

I thought I was being smart prior to release by building a small hut on the coast of the bare Mistlands biome with a portal. Theory being that I could teleport there, look out the door, then bravely race back inside and teleport away to safety.

So i teleported there only to find myself on top of a hill, my portal now presumably inside the hill i was standing on with no way to escape. :/ Fun times.
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

The Mistlands is brutal until you figure out how each new enemy works. I think the Dvergrs have fucked me up the most and they're allies, initially. And they hold a grudge, if you piss them off they'll be waiting for you when you go back. They're not like the others that will forget about you and return to whatever they were doing before you pissed them off. I had 5 graves to try and recover because a 2 star Dvergr had a beef with me.
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

Aside from my initial sprint to try to get out of the Mistlands, I've mainly been sitting on the outskirts of a previously explored bit of Mistlands biome picking off hares with my bow :P This has occasionally meant running away from a seeker that has taken an interest :D

I don't think that I have the required equipment to go much further without spending a lot of time dead and trying to recover stuff :P
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

A couple of things i've learned. If you find a Dvergr tower then try and lure Seekers over to it. They'll fuck each other up enough that you'll be able to pick off whoever is left much easier.

The back of Seekers are a weak spot, so try and stay behind them to attack. Likewise the Gjall has a weak spot under it's belly so always aim for that. And they're slow moving so try and stay under their back half and get them from there. If they drop ticks then use a sledgehammer to destroy them. If they attach to you then try and dodge roll and they'll more than likely fall off. Or use the secondary attack from an atgier.

Trolls heads are also a weak spot now. You get about 50% more damage from hitting them there.
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

CLP wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 10:11 am I thought I was being smart prior to release by building a small hut on the coast of the bare Mistlands biome with a portal. Theory being that I could teleport there, look out the door, then bravely race back inside and teleport away to safety.

So i teleported there only to find myself on top of a hill, my portal now presumably inside the hill i was standing on with no way to escape. :/ Fun times.
Now that I have better armour i headed back to the site of my original Mistlands portal and started digging into the hill for shits and giggles .. sure enough, there it was right there inside ... :rolleyes:
20230729194720_1_0800.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.