2021 Formula 1 Rolex Belgian Grand Prix

Chat about Formula 1, V8's, Indycar etc
Forum rules
Please be careful about posting results in threads discussing current sporting events.

Where possible can the first person to start a thread on an event add *spoilers included* (or similar) to the thread title so that all discussion on the event is kept in one place and readers are aware that the content may contain the results.

KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Re: 2021 Formula 1 Rolex Belgian Grand Prix

Post by KNAPPO »

Awarding a fastest lap award after that illustrates how retarded F1 can be at times.

I wonder why they didnt try and run it today (Monday)?
For me, this GP is just as farcical as the 2005 US GP. At least they managed to run a race for that one.
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

Like I understand not racing cause of the weather, but the whole thing around it was a farce...Michael Masi has a lot to answer for here..

The start procedure was weird.. the fact the timer started late, the whole what happened with Perez, then the pausing of the timer and the running of a few laps to make it an actual race.

Like I understand rulebooks arent written for every scenario, but you need a clear plan, and that was about as clear as the weather
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Declaring a result off 2 safety car laps is shit. Should have been run the next day.
pixelboy

Post by pixelboy »

Or totally cancelled.. no points for anyone.
eek
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

Martin point is valid too

Anyway I imagine I would have been way more pissed if I was actually their in person, but its just a matter of fixing the regulations.
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
pixelboy

Post by pixelboy »

Would be good to see if bins were supplied and not used.. or bins weren't supplied.

Either way its a disgrace :(
eek
norbs

Post by norbs »

pixelboy wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:29 pm Would be good to see if bins were supplied and not used.. or bins weren't supplied.

Either way its a disgrace :(
Looks a bit like a bin of some sort.

pixelboy

Post by pixelboy »

I bet its no different at McPhillamy park!
eek
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

KNAPPO wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:25 am I wonder why they didnt try and run it today (Monday)?
From what I understand the main reason is that the marshals are all volunteers so they have day jobs to go to on Monday. They wouldn't have a lot of time to guarantee enough qualified marshals to run the race. Also although the next race is only down the road, the time taken to dismantle and rebuild the garages and hospitality is very tight so losing a day on that would be difficult.

Seems like they ran the 2-3 laps just to see what the conditions were like after 2 hours of sweepers and sponges on the track but it wasn't any better.
ARSE Biscuits! Driftu Kingu!
My Flickr Stream
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

What a farken joke made worse by saying they did 2 "racing laps" to award points.
There was no racing you farkwits, F1 has lost me after this. Farken Corporate greed is killing everything these days be it sport, politics & pandemic lockdowns the world can ggf right now.
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
norbs

Post by norbs »

I think they did the right thing calling it off. Given what has happened at Spa recently, they had to be cautious.

What they did wrong was award the race. It should have just been cancelled.
durbster
The Whack Wasp Warrior

Post by durbster »

Big Kev wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:39 pm
KNAPPO wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:25 am I wonder why they didnt try and run it today (Monday)?
From what I understand the main reason is that the marshals are all volunteers so they have day jobs to go to on Monday. They wouldn't have a lot of time to guarantee enough qualified marshals to run the race. Also although the next race is only down the road, the time taken to dismantle and rebuild the garages and hospitality is very tight so losing a day on that would be difficult.

Seems like they ran the 2-3 laps just to see what the conditions were like after 2 hours of sweepers and sponges on the track but it wasn't any better.
They also said in commentary that the rain was forecast to continue through Monday anyway.