2021 Formula 1 Heineken Gran Premio D’italia

Chat about Formula 1, V8's, Indycar etc
Forum rules
Please be careful about posting results in threads discussing current sporting events.

Where possible can the first person to start a thread on an event add *spoilers included* (or similar) to the thread title so that all discussion on the event is kept in one place and readers are aware that the content may contain the results.

norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Re: 2021 Formula 1 Heineken Gran Premio D’italia

Post by norbs »

w00dsy wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:29 am Looks like Lewis hurt his neck.
Imagine that with no halo!
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Gonna feel it later this arvo, went to bed at 1:30am as I couldnt turn off my brain lol.

Soo worth it tho!!! :aussie2:
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

:headbang:

Great drive by Dan. No mistakes for the whole race. Had a chuckle when Norris asked for team orders and got told no. The first stint showed who deserved to be in front.

I thought Max should have aborted and cut across the corner like others did, but it was just hard racing ending in a super unlucky tire contact.

Not sure what next years cars will be like but maybe they need a rule where any wing design has to be used at at least 3 races. Would get rid of the Monza specific package and they'd have a more effective slipstream/drs for passing.
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

:rofl:
richo

Post by richo »

KNAPPO wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:52 am Gonna feel it later this arvo, went to bed at 1:30am as I couldnt turn off my brain lol.

Soo worth it tho!!! :aussie2:
Almost 3am for me , so worth it though .
[]D [] []v[] []D
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Yeah, I had trouble getting to sleep after that one too. MotoGP was also a cracker so was a great night of racing.

Hopefully F2 was some sort of indication as to how close F1 will be able to follow next year. Even there you had DRS trains but at least cars can stay close enough that if the driver in front makes a mistake it'll usually get punished. Great work by Piastri in that one by the way. Double win for the Aussies on Sunday.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

CROWDSTRIKE brand positioning on point!!!

pixelboy

Post by pixelboy »

Was an awesome race.
  • Danny :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
  • Amazing for McLaren to break the 8 yr drought with a 1 - 2 ! Hope Lando takes the top step sometime this year :nod:
  • Max v Lewis.. just like all the great rivalries, they NEVER give enough room. Max was only going to win that corner if Lewis gave it to him, he didnt.. Just like Lewis was never going to win the corner at Silverstone.. It will all happen again.. It keeps it interesting.. and other drivers on the podium ... :D :D :D
  • Hope Lewis is OK. That would have been major without the Halo..
  • Maybe Aston regret not having a Monza aero package?
eek
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

Exar Kun wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:44 am Double win for the Aussies on Sunday.
Double Italian/Australian win in Italy.
durbster
The Whack Wasp Warrior

Post by durbster »

Max needs to accept that if he's going to be super-aggressive then he has no right to complain when he gets what he gives. Live by the sword and all that.

The key point for me is that there were several drivers put in the same situation in that race and everyone else took to the kerbs to avoid an accident, which suggests he was the one who could have avoided the collision.

Not checking on Lewis after driving on his head rather undermines his supposed upset about Lewis celebrating at Silverstone while he went for a checkup too.

Great result for McLaren although I feel for Lando not being the one to get that win after being the top man all season. He took it well though and I'm sure his time will come.

DC's questions to Bottas were painful to watch. You've just done one of the best drives of your life but I'm going to gloss over that and repeatedly nag you to say something about an incident with Lewis you didn't see and weren't involved with instead.
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

Good race. So pleased for McLaren. Lando's time will come for a win as well I think.

Amazingly the first 1-2 of the season!

I also think Max should have cut the corner. That one is notorious for clashes and he was more than likely going to run out of room. He needs to learn when to back out but also I think he's trying to say to Hamilton, look, I'm not going to back out if there's a gap so either you leave me space or we'll crash. By and large, Hamilton is a pretty clean driver so I don't think he'll accept those options.

I wonder if they'll take their new engine hit at the next race and get all the penalties done in one go and just take that one on the chin and hope they can get far enough up to mitigate any points Hamilton gets.
ARSE Biscuits! Driftu Kingu!
My Flickr Stream
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

My Flickr Stream
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

durbster wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:15 pm Max needs to accept that if he's going to be super-aggressive then he has no right to complain when he gets what he gives. Live by the sword and all that.

The key point for me is that there were several drivers put in the same situation in that race and everyone else took to the kerbs to avoid an accident, which suggests he was the one who could have avoided the collision.

Max needs to accept that if he's going to be super-aggressive then he has no right to complain when he gets what he gives. Live by the sword and all
I really dont know I feel about the whole incident. Tho I tend to agree with you here, but do wonder if F1 need to be better in defining the rules here. Initially when I watched it I felt like Lewis could have given Max more room, But the challenge is if you look at all the other times they have gone head to head like this (Imola L1, Monza L1 T4 for example) then you need to put it on Max to avoid the accident. Max pushed Lewis to the same point multiple times throughout the year, each time Lewis has run it wide.

But then a counter point is if you look back to say Austria, Both Perez and Norris got a penalty for running people off the road who where alongside..So why is it that Norris gets a penalty for running Max wide there, but then Max skips one for L1, and then takes blame for this incident later?
durbster wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:15 pm Not checking on Lewis after driving on his head rather undermines his supposed upset about Lewis celebrating at Silverstone while he went for a checkup too.
I do disagree here, if you watch the replay it looks like Lewis is trying to drive away.. Max would have heard the engine running and him trying to get away here
AstrO
Help Desk Expert

Post by AstrO »

nutty wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:13 pm
durbster wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:15 pm Not checking on Lewis after driving on his head rather undermines his supposed upset about Lewis celebrating at Silverstone while he went for a checkup too.
I do disagree here, if you watch the replay it looks like Lewis is trying to drive away.. Max would have heard the engine running and him trying to get away here
This actually really pissed me off. Going by memory, the marshal was trying his best to get Lewis to stop and turn off his car. Yet he was ignoring this and attempting to get his car back in the race, putting people at risk. Super dick move by Lewis.

PS Max should have probably gone around the other way to check on him as well. So dick moves all round!

PPS Go Daniel!!!!!!!!! :aussie2:
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

nutty wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:13 pm I do disagree here, if you watch the replay it looks like Lewis is trying to drive away.. Max would have heard the engine running and him trying to get away here
Hamilton mentioned that

"Looking back at the footage, it obviously happened very quick. Being in the car, all I could think of was getting going and how many positions I was losing.

"I'm still just in race mode, so it's just like: how can I get going again? I'm sitting there in a little bit of pain, but just like: come on let's go. But unfortunately the car wouldn't move.

"I did see Max get out and just walk by. I found that a little bit surprising, because ultimately I think when we go out, and when we do have incidents, the first thing we want is make sure if the guy that we crashed into or we collided with is okay.

"But the good thing is I was able to get out. It was a long walk back, but we live to fight another day."
My Flickr Stream
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Max could have done a George and said are you ok like this...

Max walking off and not poking his head in and checking seems like Hamilton fans making mountains out of mole hills.

Max jumps out the car, takes 3 steps whilst looking at Hamilton, Hamilton then accelerates and max has a pause in his walk. Then decides to walk on and looks forwards only to look back when the marshal probably yelled out to cut the engine as he is waving his arms.

Racing drivers that have both been involved in the same crash rarely have a level headed conversation and hug it out, especially right there in the heat of the moment. Ive seen people compare Max to Vettel in checking on the driver. Biggest difference there is Vettel wasnt involved and was the first on the scene.
Last edited by KNAPPO on Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
norbs

Post by norbs »

Wow, LH playing the victim again? Jesus wept.

I cant remember, but did he inquire as to MVs health after bumping him into a wall at 200+kph?

Anyway, lets hope they keep slamming into each other and both go down as dickheads.

One thing that I would like to know, do the other drivers like LH? You see the others joking around with each other a bit, but not often you see LH amongst it. Mazepin is probably the least liked, I would expect.

nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

Watching this its interesting.. like he rode the same kerb.. but Kimi gave him room..
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

There a difference in that overtake of Loowis on Kimi, Loowis front wheel was in front before the turn in & all the way through the corner.
At no point was Max's front wheel in front of Loowis, it was Max just trying to barge through & he farked up.

For me their needs to be a consistent rule on the giving racing room on the exit of corners, why they allow the driver in front to push the driver behind off track on the first lap then switch the rule on all other laps is the issue I feel.
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
norbs

Post by norbs »

I love the fact that someone can get a 13 minute video out of a 2 second piece of footage.

Interesting take saying LH left it too open and should have been more aggressive. Others have said he should have given MV more room. You'll never get agreement on these sorts of incidents.
durbster
The Whack Wasp Warrior

Post by durbster »

nutty wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:13 pm
Yeah having watched it again I agree, he can see Lewis is OK.
norbs

Post by norbs »

Duke wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:19 am There a difference in that overtake of Loowis on Kimi, Loowis front wheel was in front before the turn in & all the way through the corner.
At no point was Max's front wheel in front of Loowis, it was Max just trying to barge through & he farked up.
But a little while ago....

I cant recall LH having his front wheel in front of MV at Silv, so LHs best option was to give more space at Monza? :D
pixelboy

Post by pixelboy »

:munch:
eek
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

norbs wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:21 am
I cant remember, but did he inquire as to MVs health after bumping him into a wall at 200+kph?
Yes.
After 2 mins of moaning about Max turning in and whether he had any damage, when the red flag was thrown and they were coming back to the pits he asked if Max was ok.

1m58s
My Flickr Stream
norbs

Post by norbs »

Thanks Kev.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk