School Lockdowns

all the ARSE dribble
smithcorp
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

School Lockdowns

Post by smithcorp »

Amidst all the US school shootings (and this video messed me up yesterday: ),

My daughters told me they are practising lockdowns at their high school today. Just like the US school shooter drills they turn off all the lights, blinds down, lock the doors, get on the floor and be quiet and the principal comes around testing the doors! Apparently they do this every year.

Then my 8-year-old told me they've done it every year in his primary school. Made me feel sick.
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Re: School Lockdowns

Post by norbs »

The USA is broken. It does my head in.

Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Jamo

Post by Jamo »

Ban Lawn Darts people yawn and forget.

Ban Guns, any guns and you'll have large scale Civil War.

Love to hear a solution, any solution to that dilemna as there simply isn't one.
I drink a great deal, I sleep a little and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two hundred percent form - Sir Winston Churchill
norbs

Post by norbs »

Good luck with that Joe.....

nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

Democrats are terrible. They love this shit as much as the republicans.. as soon as theirs a shooting they always start fundrasing then always say "oh its too hard"

America has turned into a corrupt third world country
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

ARSE Biscuits! Driftu Kingu!
My Flickr Stream
Santaria

Post by Santaria »

Having had a bit to do with youth education, young and adolescent, are you not sure it's your kids spin on it (and their friends?).
Lockdown procedures are practice for when the possibility of an estranged parent more than anything. And it happens.
Day care do it, primary does it. Hell, even my highschool used to do lockdown and evac procedures in the 90s.
I think it's always been there in some form. Maybe everyone's attributing it to this thanks to American saturation?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197999720352]Image[/url]
norbs

Post by norbs »

I was in high school til 1985, we never did anything like that
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

My kids do lockdowns regularly enough. They've had them when kids in their class have gone off on massive screaming tantrums where they start throwing shit around (I know of at least one that had some pretty horrible abusive early years and she occasionally loses it). We hear of two or three a year. I guess they practice them more often
Last edited by Exar Kun on Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
Bails MacKenzie

Post by Bails MacKenzie »

We had lockdowns in school, though we never took them as serious as hiding with the lights off, Normal public school stuff that occurs when a private school is next to a public school in a low-income area.

Our lockdowns weren't because of American influence though, we had good reason;

Our footy team went over and beat up some kids, so their cricket team came over with bats and put us into a lockdown.
Or the day a kid started a bonfire using cigarette lighters as fuel, that was another lockdown, or when that guy started punching out windows, the afternoon when a fight club started and another kid went off and started punching random students in the hall, The day when a motorbike got ridden through the school, that wasn't a lockdown but I got to see a teacher use a plank of wood as an offensive weapon and break some guys ribs.
Or the night when a guy who lived across the road killed his wife and came into the school during parent teacher interview night.

Long story short, you have lockdowns for a variety of reasons.
Cursed

Post by Cursed »

I finished high school in 1989 in one of the rougher public schools in Sydney's West. Never heard of a lockdown. Evacuations/fire drills, sure, that's a different kettle of fish.

My kids have never had one of these lockdowns or practices during their schooling. One finished HS last year and the other is in year 10. It must be something about these frontier states on our borders.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197962772149]Image[/url]
CLP
C grade super domestique

Post by CLP »

:eyepop:
I finished high school in 1990 in Adelaide's North-East. lockdown drills were never a thing for us.