Australia vs WXI

Cricket, footy, tennis, whatever
breakneck

Australia vs WXI

Post by breakneck »

Well, that was a pretty good opener for us Aussies :D

It's been promising to see some young guns performing well too. I feel a bit sorry for Martin though.. He's having a tough year.

edit: oh yeah. Our fielding is STILL on the decline. :no:
somebloke

Post by somebloke »

I think Martyn and Clarke need to be dropped. I don't know how both stay in the team when there's potential there. Clarke will be a great player i just think he needs to learn his place in the side is not a certainty as he hasn't performed for some time.

Hussey, Symonds, good to see them get going. Katich did well, started off very slow but made up for it. If he can keep it up we hopefully have the Hayden issue sorted.

Watson, is it because he's from NSW? I dunno but he definitely does not look like a future Flintoff to me. Try a proper spinner like MacGill in the team.

Catching was a bit of a problem though, again.
Nigel
Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

Post by Nigel »

Oh they played already ? Who won ??
Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography
"There is nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney, Sr.
Latch

Post by Latch »

You're a real McGill fanboy aren't you bloke :p This is the first time in ages we've seen an ODI on Australian soil, and you're looking for a shakeup already? Replacing batsmen with bowlers? We just made 250 odd and then bowled them out for 160 or whatever it was. All we needed to do better last night was catch the ball. But I think it's pretty understandable, considering they were inside and with lowlying lights.

McGill will only ever be considered when playing at the SCG where it actually spins. I don't know what you see in him. Watson played well.

Martyn: he should have been dropped from the one dayer side, but kept in the test team. It was a mistake to kick him out so hastily after the ashes.

Anyway, Australia won convincingly. I hope the test is a bit better for the WXI.
somebloke

Post by somebloke »

There's still 2 games to go, i can't see the selectors making any radical changes to the team now.

Well the problem with Watson is they label him the next Flintoff when he's anything but. Flintoff could make a world team on either his batting or bowling at the moment where Watson i honestly don't think could make the Australian side on one of these alone. For some reason we're very much after someone like the old Steve Waugh when he first came on the scene.

MacGill well he'd get wickets against these guys, i wouldn't say i'm a fan of him but i think he's good enough to play. He'll be slightly more expensive then Warne in the test coming up (assuming they play him, stupid if they don't cause our pace attack is crap) but will get more wickets.

I'm not completely happy with the changes the selectors made after the Ashes, i think they were wrong with a few others as well.
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

The world XI is downhere for a drinking session. :nod:
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Bacchulum

Post by Bacchulum »

Can anyone tell me what Aus last over (batting) was like???
Nine decided to cut to news with one over remaining!!!!!!! in QLD. :yikes:
I tried to call them and abuse them but all their lines were already busy. :eek:

It's not like A Current Affair has anything important to say, nothing you can't get from a tabliod sensationist piece of shit magazine (The Picture has more truthful information in it :rolleyes: ) :no:
breakneck

Post by breakneck »

Yeah, that was terrible.. Even worse was Ray martin going overtime and missing the first 5 overs of the WXI innings (even the first wicket!!) Give the rights back to SBS I reckon. :rolleyes: (edit: as long as Richie and his crew moved as well, that is :D )
Nigel
Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

Post by Nigel »

Your forgetting that classic moment when Warney got his 500th wicket. The first time I have ever seen, with regard the cricket coverage, Channel 9 cutting from the cricket to see the Showcase on the "Price is Right". The programme director should have lost his job over that one. Would not have happened though.
Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography
Blitzer

Post by Blitzer »

We have one hell of a cricket game on our hands. World WXI 1/80 odd in the 10th over chasing 329. A great display of batting so far :)
[SCR] Blitzer
Southern Cross Racing
9ra55h0ppaH
Master artist
Master artist

Post by 9ra55h0ppaH »

and the world has collapsed TeeHee!

australia wins! :D
Now with Added Flickr
breakneck

Post by breakneck »

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

That was a tops night.. at the uni bar: cricket on the tv next to the stage of a good rock band. oh and cheap beer on tap. Good to see the boys in yellow and green remember how to win. ;) (without McGrath and Warney too)
Sambo
Horse
Horse

Post by Sambo »

was a good effort by the aussies, fark gilly can smack the crap out of the ball..... fielding was a bit ordinary, there was a couple of possible catches which i would of expected a good fielder to have a dive at.... but they stood back which i thought was a bit adverage....ah well doesnt matter...WE WON :D:D:D:D
pixelboy

Post by pixelboy »

Good Knock from Hayden.....

Gillie is on fire again. A good start to the test.

Finally we have a good team. Im looking forward to a feast of leg spinners on sunday :D
eek
breakneck

Post by breakneck »

Yeah, it was fantastic to see the big guy get another ton. Those footholes will be looking good to Warney and McGill ;) I hope the world's batting is up to it.. Don't want a 6 day test to be over in 4. (Or do we? :D )
Nigel
Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

Post by Nigel »

You know people keep dismissing that Srilankin spinner. He has played half the games as shane warne and has almost the same amount of wickets.
Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography
Sambo
Horse
Horse

Post by Sambo »

fourthof5 wrote:You know people keep dismissing that Srilankin spinner. He has played half the games as shane warne and has almost the same amount of wickets.
Thats because he chucks and the batsmen has nfi what ball he is bowling :p but his action has been cleared so fair enough...
breakneck

Post by breakneck »

Talk about an exageration Nige.. 73% of the tests played is a long way from half.. and 74 (12%) less wickets isn't that close either. Sure, he will probably have more wickets by the time he plays another 35 tests, but taking wickets at double the rate is absurd.

Also, I was talking about using the footholes produced by the quick bowlers bowling over the wicket.. I'm yet to see Murali use them. :rolleyes:
somebloke

Post by somebloke »

Jeez i should be a selector. I think i said the entire way thru the ashes to play MacGill alongside Warne. What could have been!
breakneck

Post by breakneck »

He just got lucky ;)

..and the main problem in the ashes was our batting. Bowling had room for improvement, but wasn't the achilles heel of the campaign.
somebloke

Post by somebloke »

True but bowling a washed up Kasper and not another spinner which caused the problems.

Anyway, old news.

Thing with Murali is look how many times he plays Bangladesh and other not very flash sub continent teams. Murali is also always into the attack by around over 15. Murali is Sri Lanka's only real wicket taker beside Vaas. Not uncommon to see Murali bowl 30-40 overs. Sub continent wickets also spin from day 1.

Warney has always had to bowl behind the likes of McGrath who we all know takes many wickets. Australian pitches generally don't do much with the ball until day 3 or 4. Warney usually plays the toughest of teams.

I think i know who the best spinner in the world is ;)
breakneck

Post by breakneck »

breakneck wrote:Don't want a 6 day test to be over in 4.
Well, that wasn't a very convincing series.. Not sure whether it will happen again. Or are we just spoiled for action after the ashes?
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

Well I knew that the test would not go for 6 days. Although the Ashes tour was not the best for us, we still have a strong team & well if weather went our way we would have retained the Ashes. But down here things are different. It's going to be tough for any team to beat the Aussie's at home in a series.
Minister for Religious Genocide.
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

And, like I said before, the World XI were here for a holiday.
:nod:
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.