Call of Duty 2 review

General game chat
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

oh man, i was a huge fan of the original COD and UO. Used to be the most popular game at our LANS. Hmmm.... who has a copy in SA... shaun, if you find one 1st, Send one my way... and in the mean time i'll see if i can find it. i would do that thing where i get it for free via phone cable thingo's but yeah QUOTA...doh
Cutter
Legend in his own lunchtime

Post by Cutter »

Guys we need to be a bit more discrete.
Removing a few posts.

PM's are preferable
Cutter ~ Carl Rickard

Cutter

Post by Cutter »

by the way, about 50% thru playing the media review copy I've borrowed.
Umm is it just me or is it a bit linear?

Each mission seems much the sameish.

by the way, anyone encountered the "White Modern Sedan" bug, or the "invincible solder" bugs??????
Cutter ~ Carl Rickard

DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

So are you guys all running pirated copies of LFS too? Or is that not ok because they're an independant developer?

I've only spotted one invincible enemy. I think your ally, MacGregor, is invincible in one of the missions.

I made the mistake of playing on the highest difficulty level. There's a few points that are very frustrating. Trying to shoot a panzerschreck guy from a turret while the vehicle was turning a corner, then having to shoot 3 more within the next 2 seconds was ridiculous. It took me about 20 goes.

While I found it mostly enjoyable I really don't like the way they've done the AI. You can be there with 10 other allies but as far as the majority of your enemies are concerned, you're the only one there. It really killed the immersion for me to have enemies run straight past a couple of my allies (who did nothing) in a trench in order to shoot at me. MG42's shoot almost exclusively at the player too.
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

DarrenM wrote:So are you guys all running pirated copies of LFS too? Or is that not ok because they're an independant developer?
I have the full version of LFS and never paid for it :yes:
Norbs did
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

I have a full version too, and I didnt pay for it.

I got it for being an admin at RSC. :)
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

is it even possible to pirate lfs and run multiplayer? i dont think it is, anywho, i pay for games i continue to play.. if that makes any sense.. if i obtain a game and lose interest in a week, big woop, if i keep playing it, i'll normally go and buy it. I do the same with music, i kinda use the whole mp3 world the way it should be used, as a sampler, and if i like what i hear, i go and buy the full product.

I think i might actually go purchase COD 2, the original & UO were really about the only FPS i actually played a lot of, that and Farcry. so i reckon i might have to go splurge.
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

Same theory for me too. Try before you buy. If i like, I buy, if not deleted and never to be seen again.
Jumi2

Post by Jumi2 »

Bloody 'ell is fucking amazing!
I just bought it and played it a bit, :eek: wow, just wow, graphics are really nice the imersion is high, all the chatter and your mates running round you :yes: me likey :D
Ciao, Jumi2.
ImageFor the love of God, shake me! Shake me like a British nanny!
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

I just got this today.
Amazing stuff. Even some of the guys have frosty breath in the cold snow scenes. I'm only on the second mission but it's awesome so far.
ARSE Biscuits! Driftu Kingu!
My Flickr Stream