Best Album of 2005

Chat about stuff you listen to or play
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

i got right into Jack Johnson's Inbetween Dreams for a while this year, also SOAD Mezmerize.
smithcorp
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Post by smithcorp »

Jeez, what is it about Wolfmother? They win Australian Idol or something?
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

w00dsy wrote:i got right into Jack Johnson's Inbetween Dreams for a while this year
That was a top album. Went ans saw him at an outdorr event earlier this year and it fuckin pissed down. Was still a good show.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
Latch

Post by Latch »

smithcorp wrote:Jeez, what is it about Wolfmother? They win Australian Idol or something?
They got the J award. Best Aussie album or whatever the J award is for. But yeah they are right up there with the best worldwide for me.
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

JP_Racer wrote:PENDULUM-HOLD YOUR COLOUR
yeah this is a great album, But most of pendulums stuff is awesome...... Pendulum was one of my biggest influences when i started making electronic music... still love that great party song with a Cartman sample..lol.. and on that same release Coma was a classic, still gets played in my car every now and then
macca
Founder
Founder

Post by macca »

Paul Kelly & The Stormwater Boys - Foggy Highway

James Blunt - Back to Bedlam

Best of the Sunnyboys - Sunnyboys

& yep Smiss, Real Gone is real different, bit I bought it :D
I don't know where I'm going but I'm on my way!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/zedmacca/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bacchulum

Post by Bacchulum »

Hz-Lab wrote:
Shaun wrote:Ten Thousand Fists - Disturbed
Still nowhere near The Sickness.. But it Owns Believe..lol.. These guys are great live, one of the best live acts i have ever seen....
Ten Thousand Fists sounds too Bon Jovi for me, it's been all downhill since sickness. :(
I thought they were pretty good live, except for all the overlaying samples. :yikes:
At the Waterloo someone pulled the guitar lead out getting on stage to dive, but the PA still had guitar coming out of it!!!!!!!!1 :eek:
If I pay to see a live band, I wanna see them play not mime. :melt:

2005 has been a dissapointing year for my tastes. :(
Last good albums I bought was Slipknot - Subliminal Verses and Tool - Lateralus, but they're from last year.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Bacchulum wrote:Tool - Lateralus, but they're from last year.
Last year!?!?! How about 2001! :D
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

LOL.. BON JOVI...wtf.. i wouldnt go that far, but i will agree its been downhill from the Sickness. That album was awesome, i remember hearing it for the 1st time.. it just blew me away, i just thought it was so fricken cool, the roughness of david's voice while still being somewhat harmonic was astonishing.. when i got the believe album i was dissapointed tho. There were a couple good tracks on there, Liberate comes to mind. but mainly crap, seemed as if they tried to make the epic experimental album that normally doesnt come til around the 4th or 5th recording and screwed it up majorly... lol. Shame, Disturbed had the potential to become one of those Legendary bands, But fell short and disapointed a lot of fans.

sorry, wandering off topic here
Bacchulum

Post by Bacchulum »

Exar Kun wrote:
Bacchulum wrote:Tool - Lateralus, but they're from last year.
Last year!?!?! How about 2001! :D
Have I been listening to that for four years???!!!??? :eyepop: :eyepop:
Still sounds like new to me but all good music does. :D
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

Speaking of bands attempting the epic experimental album, I heard Korn's latest last night and OMG! talk about screwing it up! The songs are all over the shop and half the time JD is out of tune/sync with the music. The choruses are lame, and each song has too many of them and its the opposite with the verses (still lame tho). The production is just plain shit. Absolute shit. The whole album feels "empty" too me or like there is something mssing (I dont think its just Head...you know, the guitarist who went off to make love to jesus or sum shit.) Every song starts the same way.....weird noises fading in for about 20 seconds then the usual guitar sounds, then a break in the middle that you cant even begin to call music all featuring lame attempts at 1999 style linkin park effects. Shit. How many times can I say it? Shit. Friggin shit. I could shit a better album. Sorry for the language but a part of me has died.

I listened to nothing but Korn for years. Now I have lost all respect, interest and belief in the bad. Nice knowing yas.

Just my opinion.
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

Enforcer-J wrote:Speaking of bands attempting the epic experimental album, I heard Korn's latest last night and OMG! talk about screwing it up! The songs are all over the shop and half the time JD is out of tune/sync with the music. The choruses are lame, and each song has too many of them and its the opposite with the verses (still lame tho). The production is just plain shit. Absolute shit. The whole album feels "empty" too me or like there is something mssing (I dont think its just Head...you know, the guitarist who went off to make love to jesus or sum shit.) Every song starts the same way.....weird noises fading in for about 20 seconds then the usual guitar sounds, then a break in the middle that you cant even begin to call music all featuring lame attempts at 1999 style linkin park effects. Shit. How many times can I say it? Shit. Friggin shit. I could shit a better album. Sorry for the language but a part of me has died.

I listened to nothing but Korn for years. Now I have lost all respect, interest and belief in the bad. Nice knowing yas.

Just my opinion.
You sir, have just experienced what we've all thought of korn for the last 5 years..lol... I've never had a korn album and instantly warmed to it. always taken me a while, and even then i've never been the biggest of Korn fan's either.. I walked out mid show at their concert after all....

but i still own the hoodie...lol

EDIT*:- They got nothing on the Yobbos