Gt Legends

GTR1 & 2, GT Legends etc
c.j
Midget Wanker

Gt Legends

Post by c.j »

Due to be released finally in Aus shortly.

Obviously a few of you have it and play it regularly.

However for those that dont, and wish to buy it, PKD and Basha will have it for sale at release through their computer store.

KN Digitalworld
1300 787 915
adfmobile@optusnet.com.au

They are based on the Navy base Cerberus in Vic. However i have bought a fair bit of hardware and software of them and they send a majority of their stuff through express post or courier and its always spot on time.

Just trying to garner interest in the game because a few of us from XGN will be playing it, and testing to see whether its viable for a server.

Cheers for your time :)
Last edited by c.j on Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198089849481]Image[/url]

;)
SE1Z

Post by SE1Z »

any idea on price?

a *maybe* from me...
I had fun with the demo :)
Steve
---
tehsid
forum fairy - in a gay way!
forum fairy - in a gay way!

Post by tehsid »

I will buy it, but SF protection pisses me off
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

RRP is only $50 or so. It's a bargain for this game.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

do you have to unlock the cars to play online with them?
I heard some rumor...:shrug:
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
smithcorp
Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Re: Gt Legends

Post by smithcorp »

Sin wrote:Due to be released finally in Aus shortly.

Obviously a few of you have it and play it regularly.

However for those that dont, and wish to buy it, PKD and Basha will have it for sale at release through their computer store.

KN Digitalworld
1300 787 915
adfmobile@optusnet.com.au

They are based on the Navy base Cerberus in Vic. However i have bought a fair bit of hardware and software of them and they send a majority of their stuff through express post or courier and its always spot on time.

Just trying to garner interest in the game because a few of us from XGN will be playing it, and testing to see whether its viable for a server.

Cheers for your time :)
Yeah, gimme a copy, plus a skyhook, a left-handed screwdriver, a long wait, a can of striped paint, some afterburner flints, a tin of prop wash, a golden rivet, a bucket of steam and a boatswain's punch! :D
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

lmao

;)
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

ysu wrote:do you have to unlock the cars to play online with them?
There is a cheat around at every sim site except RSC (because Simbin asked for it to be taken down) that gives you all cars & all tracks straight away so nothing to worry about. You still a member of AoR mate? Think Playz is getting ready to run a series pretty soon.
pkd -XRT-

Post by pkd -XRT- »

G'day Guys.

Yeah, we can do this one for $49.95 + $6.50 express postage.

Finally, this one's not exclusive to Hardly Normal. The prices they were charging for GTR were ridiculous. That's what happens when you give someone a monopoly on a product. They do their best to exploit it. Anyway...

Either contact us by phone (during business hours, Mexican (Vic) Time) or by email. Can pay by electronic transfer or pay pal.

Cheers

100% XRT
Xtreme Racing Team
http://www.xtremegamingnetwork.com.au
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Exar Kun wrote:
There is a cheat around at every sim site except RSC (because Simbin asked for it to be taken down) that gives you all cars & all tracks straight away so nothing to worry about. You still a member of AoR mate? Think Playz is getting ready to run a series pretty soon.
Um...I am a member of either ausorc or aor, dunno which one now. One has expired, the other is still live. I don't really like that tho. Those communities somehow are a bit less...um... friendly(?) than this one. I mean they were helpful when I asked for help, but I just somehow felt I'm farther apart from them. Can't really put my finger on it why/where. And with the always-passworded server there was no way to meet others. They kept getting online around the same times every time, which is good - if you can meet the schedule, which I sometimes could not.

One thing really bugged me tho: they kept - very rudely imho - connecting without greeting and leaving without saying so much as fuck you...
Plus they don't really like LFS which is a problem...:D

Anyway, no real hard feelings, but I'll not extend any of those regs, and I'm not visiting their sites/races. :shrug:
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

ysu wrote:
Exar Kun wrote:
Um...I am a member of either ausorc or aor, dunno which one now. One has expired, the other is still live. I don't really like that tho. Those communities somehow are a bit less...um... friendly(?) than this one. I mean they were helpful when I asked for help, but I just somehow felt I'm farther apart from them. Can't really put my finger on it why/where. And with the always-passworded server there was no way to meet others. They kept getting online around the same times every time, which is good - if you can meet the schedule, which I sometimes could not.

One thing really bugged me tho: they kept - very rudely imho - connecting without greeting and leaving without saying so much as fuck you...
Plus they don't really like LFS which is a problem...:D

Anyway, no real hard feelings, but I'll not extend any of those regs, and I'm not visiting their sites/races. :shrug:
I agree the community doesn't feel as close but I joined so I could race GTR and I've renewed so I could race GTL. There doesn't seem to be much alternative if I want to play those games. Besides, i've met a few of the guys and they are cool people - it's just a different sought of community but I can understand your sentiments. :tilt:
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

leave it with us, im prolly gonna donate a copy to XGN and see if we can get a server up for use...

Ill be in contact with them shortly

;)
Speed

Post by Speed »

That sounds cool Sin.
My missus & I are really keen to race in a league but none seem to have the friendly atmosphere that Arse has.
How do the Arse leagues run, do you race a chamionship, points, penalties, handicaps, etc., or just weekly friendly races? Is there a membership fee? Do you guys have a calender?
I've had a bit of a look, but I'm not the sharpest knife in the draw. :)
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Speed wrote:That sounds cool Sin.
My missus & I are really keen to race in a league but none seem to have the friendly atmosphere that Arse has.
How do the Arse leagues run, do you race a chamionship, points, penalties, handicaps, etc., or just weekly friendly races? Is there a membership fee? Do you guys have a calender?
I've had a bit of a look, but I'm not the sharpest knife in the draw. :)
Been a while since an actual ARSE league was run. GPL and a couple LFS ones? When they do happen they do indeed have a schedule with points. Things still aren't too strict though. Common sense usually prevails and penalties are very, very rare. No fee either.

Not sure what the deal with the XGN deal would be but hopefully much the same. GTL is a very forgiving sim and allows for extreme close racing that we've only really seen in LFS and maybe GPL 65 so far. Cars are very easy to get a handle on in the slowest class but there's still heaps of variety. Would be farely easy to handicap aswell.

Me and another dude who'd only just gotten GTL had a 5 lapper at Magny Cours Nat between ourselves a couple of weeks back. He was in a Mustang and I jumped in a Mini to even things out. I ended up winning by the barest of margins but the race itself was just awesome. Can't wait to get that sort of thing going around here. :tilt:
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Edit:
I thought you're asking about the AAL races... :yikes: :faint: well...khm...

Speed wrote:That sounds cool Sin.
Good, so it's not just me feeling that way! :)
Speed wrote: How do the Arse leagues run, do you race a chamionship, points, penalties, handicaps, etc.,
The main league races are run forthinghtly on wednesday nights, there may be penalties for infingements, no handicaps tho.
Registration is via uploading a hlvc hotlap to the lfsworld and registering it on the AAL site under the event.
This is for the main events, so the ppl can be put into Divs according to their speed, the one-off races don't require a hotlap.
Speed wrote: or just weekly friendly races?
Every second week there's a friendly race - one (bit unusual) crash derby coming up next week :D
Speed wrote:Is there a membership fee?
none
Speed wrote:Do you guys have a calender?
I have one behind me on the wall :D
Sorry. Just check the AAL thread, the new series will start in january.
Speed

Post by Speed »

Thanks for the answers guys.
We're looking mainly to do a GTL series. I know LFS is supposed to be awesome, but there's just not enough time to play everything, unfortunately. And my missus loves GTL which makes it that much easier for me. :) We got our copies from OS, a little more expensive, but couldn't wait.
The cars are easy handling & the net code seems really good. It will be awesome when it eventually comes out in Oz & there are a few more locals online.
Acerlyte

Post by Acerlyte »

Would be really good if there was a local server setup for GTL, once I get my copy of it I will definately be on. Have been into the demo a lot and can't get enough of it. First sim in a while I have been wanting to get into and better at. Been asking round at RSC for an Aussie GTL league too so that would be great as well :)

I will probably contact PKD next week about ordering a copy. Would do it earlier but silly fortnightly paydays throw me out :P

BRING ON GTL IN AUS!! :yes:
Speed

Post by Speed »

The distrubutors now have GTL in stock.
Look for it in shops Monday or Tuesday.
If Harvey's or E.B. deny knowledge check at a good independant store. :)
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

Yeah XGN would basically just provide the server if i can swing it...

The league could be run thru arse, or even the AAL if they were interested..

but all this is just suggestions, ill get my copy, see how it goes, if i give good feedback to xgn and we can show them that numbers are keen, they should have np's...

no promises yet.

;)
Acerlyte

Post by Acerlyte »

Hey do PKD and Basha have GTL in stock yet? Or are they awaiting from the distributers too?
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Speed

Post by Speed »

Yeah, but surely for the sake of just a few dollars it would be a good idea to support in independant.
Keeps the big boys honest in the long run.
Just my opinion. :)
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

Yes, PKD and Basha have it available now...

Actually they got their stock on Saturday i beleive... :)

They are sending my copy on Monday,

as PKD said. $49.95 + $6.50 express postage

And i agree speed, support the little guys, :)

;)
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

w00t. 'bout time we got some more Aussies onto servers! :tilt:
Acerlyte

Post by Acerlyte »

Um, sorry to PKD and Basha but the missus decided to get me an early Chrissie present and bought it for me today from a HN! Guess I got it one way or another :D