Gt Legends

GTR1 & 2, GT Legends etc
c.j
Midget Wanker

Re: Gt Legends

Post by c.j »

Speed wrote:
Sin wrote: Obviously a few of you have it and play it regularly.

However for those that dont, and wish to buy it, PKD and Basha will have it for sale at release through their computer store.

KN Digitalworld
1300 787 915
adfmobile@optusnet.com.au

They are based on the Navy base Cerberus in Vic. However i have bought a fair bit of hardware and software of them and they send a majority of their stuff through express post or courier and its always spot on time.

Just trying to garner interest in the game because a few of us from XGN will be playing it, and testing to see whether its viable for a server.

Cheers for your time :)
:nod:
$50 - and ur supporting the servers.... :)
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198089849481]Image[/url]

;)
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

Hey guys bought this one today, hope to see a bit of server action in the new year.

Have to wait till xmas now to play it. :)
9ra55h0ppaH
Master artist
Master artist

Post by 9ra55h0ppaH »

i just bought and installed GTL tonight, and i think there is something wrong...

i run the video card config, settings to 1280x1024px (32bit colour) @75Hz, Shader detection set to auto, and Anti-aliasing turned to level 2, when i boot the game it looks like it is running at 640x480...

Help! :melt:
Now with Added Flickr
Speed

Post by Speed »

I haven't heard that one, but I would try setting the shader manually to start with. To Dx8 or 9.
tehsid
forum fairy - in a gay way!
forum fairy - in a gay way!

Post by tehsid »

I picked it up yesterday (well.. 2 days ago now)

Love it, just cant get my cd key to work online (its say invalid)

Any ideas?

Etherway, love it.
Speed

Post by Speed »

Online CD key is on the back of the book.
Problem is generally that it is quite hard to read.
5 looks like s
2 looks like z
0 looks like o
vv looks like w
u looks like v ....etc.
Also it maybe case sensitive & you might need to insert "-" between each batch of numbers.

I know what you mean about loving it. I think it's the best car sim I've played.
Single player game definitely has no equal & Multiplayer is awesome. I'm hangin' to league with it.
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

Grrrrrr DP.
Last edited by Righteous on Sat Dec 24, 2005 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

My serial is on the DVD itself. It will be nice to play a game that has a good bit of offline action. This year is probably my first year of online action. I am hooked but sometimes its nice just to........play..with yourself. :) If you know what I mean ;)

Is there any thing that will increase the number or mobiles on the track beyond 15? Future patches etc?
Speed

Post by Speed »

The install key is on the CD.
The online key is on the book. If yours is missing you'll need to contact someone.
The patch is already out that allows 32 players online, & single player allows up to 36 depending on which track you're at. :yes:
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

online play is awesome.

Have had 1 - 2 servers up last 2 days. they are run through Acerlyte the other thru ausorc. I dunno bout those blokes, their general consideration for other players is non exsitent.

Acer is hosting his server, but can only hold nine.

XGN will have a server up soon - Second week January at this stage...
Last edited by c.j on Sat Dec 24, 2005 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

;)
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

Speed wrote:The install key is on the CD.
The online key is on the book. If yours is missing you'll need to contact someone.
The patch is already out that allows 32 players online, & single player allows up to 36 depending on which track you're at. :yes:
I only looked at the DVD then it went into is xmas wrapping. Im sure there is no problem ;)

whoa 32 players. IS that bandwidth intenstive. Would 512/128 be able to handle that? Sounds like fun.
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

20 is enough...

hell 10 is enough... lol....

Its great online. Mustang is awesome. U can cheat, and get all the cars, but i dont think its worth it. I finished Cup A and half of cup B, i have enough cash to buy just about any car available for purchase. Best thing is, when u buy a car, when ur done with it, u can sell it for what u paid

;)
Speed

Post by Speed »

You'll be able to play online no worries, but if you want to host 128 would only be good for 7 or 8 cars.

A mate of mine "Staffy123" has had his server running the last couple of nights also. Good friendly racing.
We're in the West though so prolly a little bit later for some of you.

I'm waiting for a new modem/router to be delivered before I can host myself. My current router lets the race be seen in the lobby, but noone can join. I can't seem to get it happening & I need a new one to upgrade to ADSL 2+ anyway. It should be good for 22 cars. Hopefully early next week.
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

9ra55h0ppaH wrote:i just bought and installed GTL tonight, and i think there is something wrong...

i run the video card config, settings to 1280x1024px (32bit colour) @75Hz, Shader detection set to auto, and Anti-aliasing turned to level 2, when i boot the game it looks like it is running at 640x480...

Help! :melt:

hmmmm.... that the same as your desktop Grass? i dont really know any other way to fix this apart from trial and error mate.

;)
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

we need a good aussie server that is passworded.

watch out for a bloke by the name of TKing, he doesn't like people beating him off the start line and taking his position
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

I havent been pleased with some of the racing so far.

Last nite PKD, Basha, 9Metal and my self were testing this game, having a few races. Pkd and i were on only our second race, we both didnt know the track, and informed ppl as such, but we still qualled well and got a great start.

This one dude just rammed pkd straight off in the first corner, and then came for me. He crashed anyway, so i wasnt having to stress too long, but i reminds me of the LFS demo days...

Next thing he'd prolly be telling us how he hates n00bs...

XGN server will be pass protected. all users will go thru xgn to log on. Sorry fella's, but i just dont want to have fuckwits ruining it for the guys who are learning, or just there to have fun. None of us from XGN are good enough to whinge and moan about racing room, rules. But courtesy is just expected.

;)
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Unfortunately the quality of players online leaves a lot to be desired. Same as any game with pickup racing really. Most of you guys who play LFS these days run in your teams or AAL etc and know each other fairly well so it's not happening there so much anymore.

I was in a race today with Warren and a German dude at Zolder. I was in the Vette and managed to get into the lead at some point - it's not the quickest car round that track but with its straight line speed it's bloody hard to pass. Anyway, the other two guys come up behind me in 911s and we are having this awesome 3 way battle. Come across the s/f line to commence the last lap and we overtake a lapped dude on the front straight - so what does he do? Just keeps his foot planted to take me out at T1!! Bloody hell there are some rude bastards. Saw another case the other day where everyone was gridding up and some dickhead just starts driving into everyone before the lights go green. Bring on league racing, I say.

Still, I've had some really excellent dices too. Just got to be lucky with the server you're on.
Acerlyte

Post by Acerlyte »

I'm on 512/512 and 10 local clients is about it really. It does seem to eat a lot of bandy, over 26 hours I have sent out about 1.3 gig of info (not all entirely GTL of course but mostly). Unfortunately what wrecks it is the overseas players, they make things really laggy quick. Mind you I want to keep it public so I named it 'Australian GTL server' but it would seem not many even notice the server name...

As for the way some people race? Well yeah like any online game/sim there is smacktards but for most of the part it's alright. One thing I notice is now that I have limited to the server to the TC65 class there is a lot less problems. Having the faster and slower cars all available tend to cause issues because the not-so-experienced fellas think they can handle the Pantera or 76 'vette. Bit odd to see you say the Ausorc boys gave you trouble Sin, there is only a few of them that have the sim and of those guys I think they are pretty good fellas. Don't forget their server is open to all at present and they advertised at RSC which will no doubt attract wallys (not meant to be a sly comment at RSC in general, but it does seem to have it's fair share). Feel free to jump on whenever it's up guys, which is most of the time. I will be honest, it doesn't compare to LFS for pick up and play online racing but it's still a damn HOOT to race these old beasts with others. Ausorc will be running a TC65 league and I will be in it for sure along with any other local GTL comps that may be setup.
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

i've been on your server a couple of times Acer, its quite stable. but it goes to shit when you get people from overseas.
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

XGN testing servers from today, they are closed for the moment, just a burn in as such...

they will be open within a week for more testing, then made public.. :D

;)
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Just a thought: if you guys could keep the server passworded and post the password here we could have nice clean races...

by the way I'm doing the career mode, and it's very good. 3 more races to finish the C cup, taming the cobra (damn nervous piece of rocket).
It's very enjoyable. :nod:

Ah, a performance tip: switch to dx7 if you have a weaker video card (if you don't mind a bit less eye-candy, lighting effects especially) and switch off the trackside charachers (that's for the cpu side). I get very decent frame rates this way.
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

yes, what we intended, see earlier posts..

All users will have to hit me up, the pass word will remain Aus only, purely for our enjoyment.

Sorry, but the euros have more servers than us, by about 30:1 so if they want to race u, it'll be elsewhere...

hope this doesnt seem too arrogant, i have been here all day setting things up for this and im over typing... :lol:

;)
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

not arrogant enough Sin. they come over, and the quality goes down hill
9ra55h0ppaH
Master artist
Master artist

Post by 9ra55h0ppaH »

anyone up for some GTL tonight? ive got my online/res issues sorted, i want to give my mini/cortina a thrash :D
Now with Added Flickr
Speed

Post by Speed »

Michelle & I are up for a race.
Public servers are a little iffy though. Still lotsa fun.
If Staffy's server is up & no other suitable servers I'm sure I can get him to password it.
He's only new to the game though & likes to run TC65 cars mainly at
Junior Monza
Mullenbach
Hock Short
Djon short