Gt Legends

GTR1 & 2, GT Legends etc
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

Mick, ta doesnt cut it. I really appreciate putting up those shots for us. :yes:
--------------
Stu
SE1Z

Post by SE1Z »

bloody hell...
:drool:
ill grab this when i get back from hols...
man that looks good!
:)
Steve
---
GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

Exar Kun wrote:Ferrari 275 @ Magny Cours
Correct me if im wrong but vodaphone didnt exsist in these times did it?
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

GT VIRUS wrote:
Exar Kun wrote:Ferrari 275 @ Magny Cours
Correct me if im wrong but vodaphone didnt exsist in these times did it?
sorta yeas and sorta no.

this is an actual racing series in europe

try http://www.fia-gtc.com/ for more info GT
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Like R8 points out above, the game is based on the FIA Historics series run in Europe. Similar to our appendix J tourers and the like. So, old cars but run on modern tracks - much easier to license than the old cars/tracks/drivers. :tilt:
Coopz
King of the Wierd
King of the Wierd

Post by Coopz »

I actually enjoy this game more than LFS. The graphics are amazing and the sound effects (for most cars) are superb (enjoy just leaving the Falcon in the garage and reving it:)).
Multiplayer is nowhere near as good as LFS though (lack of decent servers not helping) and most of the races are not well governed with people flying around the small club circuits in the GT40, Porshes and Ferraris while other players are using minis and cortinas. The AI is good though and gives you a solid challenge offline.

My pros
-Graphics (everything looks good)
-Cockpits (best ever)
-Sounds (most of the cars sound extremly realistic)
-Realism (cars feel 'right', they handle in a realistic fashion, brake fade is well implemented and tyre wear is accurate, powerslides are fun)
-The AI (its actually better than you expect.

Negatives
-Damage modeling (poor in my opinion, you can smash you car at 150+k into a wall and it still drives fine and only minor cosmetic damage shows for it)
-System requirements (I have a amd 3000 64, with 2gig of corsair ram and a Radeon X850XT-pe 256meg card and it struggles at high settings.)
-Online (not as smooth as LFS and lack of decent servers)
-Buggy rules (Someone rear ends you into a corner and you get knocked across the curb, you then get penalised a stop go for corner cutting, or if you take evasive action and run off the track to avoid another wreck even if you take the slow route it sometimes pings you for it)
-Have to turn Fast Write on to stop crashes in the menu, should have been fixed before game was shipped.
-Computer taking over after a race is annoying and the post race results could have some more detail/information.
norbs wrote:
Stop bullying him. You have more birthdays each year than he gets roots!
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Coopz, to turn off the computer taking control of the car, go into your .plr file and change:

No AI Control="0" // AI never has control over car (except autopit) to a 1.

You can also change the following lines to make sure you keep control of the car when pitting:

Autopit="1" (change to 0)
Force Autopit Off="0" // Forces autopit always off (unsupported, use at your own risk) (change to 1)

:tilt:
Gizmo
forum fairy - in a gay way!

Post by Gizmo »

Dose the game have weather?
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Gizmo wrote:Dose the game have weather?
Nope, just time of day changes. The new engine doesn't support weather yet. I guess we won't see weather until GTR 2 - have to look to rFactor for when it'll become available.
Gizmo

Post by Gizmo »

Bugger. That's a big selling point in a game for me. I've been reading up on GTR2 and it's looking good.

GTL and rF are on the same engine arn't they? So when ISI has the weather going, carn't simbin and the rF mob both buy it and add it to their game via a patch?
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Gizmo wrote:Bugger. That's a big selling point in a game for me. I've been reading up on GTR2 and it's looking good.

GTL and rF are on the same engine arn't they? So when ISI has the weather going, carn't simbin and the rF mob both buy it and add it to their game via a patch?
In theory yes - but it's highly doubtful that the publisher would pay for the extra work. :(
Coopz
King of the Wierd
King of the Wierd

Post by Coopz »

Exar Kun wrote:Coopz, to turn off the computer taking control of the car, go into your .plr file and change:

You can also change the following lines to make sure you keep control of the car when pitting:

Force Autopit Off="0" // Forces autopit always off (unsupported, use at your own risk) (change to 1)

ah cheers mate:)
Also I've lost my lcd readout, its enabled in the menu and I have a key binded to turn it off and on but it never seems to work.
norbs wrote:
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Coopz wrote:
Exar Kun wrote:Coopz, to turn off the computer taking control of the car, go into your .plr file and change:

ah cheers mate:)
Also I've lost my lcd readout, its enabled in the menu and I have a key binded to turn it off and on but it never seems to work.
Check that you're running in 32 bit graphics mode and not 16 bit? :tilt:
Coopz
King of the Wierd
King of the Wierd

Post by Coopz »

Genius:)
norbs wrote:
PoTzy

Post by PoTzy »

All that I can say is that I love GTL, nothing like cooking the tyres around a circuit with the 424kw corvette. The sound..... the smoke....... the fun!!!!!!
Online play would be awesome with more people and servers. I like the fact you can have a close race with V8's and 4's.
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

We will hopefully have our server up early next year..

When i say that, expect around the end of Jan... Sorry for the delay, but thats just the way it goes... :(
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198089849481]Image[/url]

;)
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Sin wrote:We will hopefully have our server up early next year..

When i say that, expect around the end of Jan... Sorry for the delay, but thats just the way it goes... :(
No worries mate. For those that have the game now, AoR are opening up their server every night until new years from 7pm on. I get 30 pings to it so the racing is nice and lag free. :tilt:
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

was thinking this was a bit of a system hog, until i realised i had AA and AF ramped all the way up, back them off a bit and its 50 fps goodness.

finished the mini's. i've come to realise how much i hate anderstop, fullstop.

ill get more into it on the weekend
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

lol, yea agree with that track eh...

Donington is nice tho... wish they had that in LFS :)
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198089849481]Image[/url]

;)
Acerlyte

Post by Acerlyte »

Exar Kun wrote:
Sin wrote:We will hopefully have our server up early next year..

No worries mate. For those that have the game now, AoR are opening up their server every night until new years from 7pm on. I get 30 pings to it so the racing is nice and lag free. :tilt:
Yeah beats the crap out of the server I had up. Did a race in the Capri RS at anderstorp and it was great with no lag that I noticed. Now I only need to keep on track long enough to be competitive and I will have this sim sorted :nod:
Speed

Post by Speed »

I have a 2.8 with 1 gig ram as a spare computer & have ADSL 2, soon ADSL2+, but I'm having some issues at the moment.
I try to host a race & although it shows in the lobby, noone can connect.
I'll be buying a new modem-router in the next week as I'm sure that's where my problem lies.
My net gear is 4 years old & doesn't hack it anymore. Once I've upgraded I hope to host races regularly.
Does anyone have any recommendations of good gear to get?
Thanks.
GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

hey just a question, does neone know where i can get this game online to buy? our local games shop has been run out of town by kmart :(
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

I've posted a link, and others posed another link (a friend IIRC) so if you look around you can find at least to reliable links...
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
Speed

Re: Gt Legends

Post by Speed »

Sin wrote: Obviously a few of you have it and play it regularly.

However for those that dont, and wish to buy it, PKD and Basha will have it for sale at release through their computer store.

KN Digitalworld
1300 787 915
adfmobile@optusnet.com.au

They are based on the Navy base Cerberus in Vic. However i have bought a fair bit of hardware and software of them and they send a majority of their stuff through express post or courier and its always spot on time.

Just trying to garner interest in the game because a few of us from XGN will be playing it, and testing to see whether its viable for a server.

Cheers for your time :)
:nod:
Scuderia_Alan

Post by Scuderia_Alan »

GT VIRUS wrote:hey just a question, does neone know where i can get this game online to buy? our local games shop has been run out of town by kmart :(
I'm getting it tomorrow from BerlinWall in Adelaide which are listing it for $46.89. However I think their freight charges might be a little steep.

http://www.berlinwall.com.au