Forza Motorsport [b]MUST READ![/b]

General game chat
VIPEROSI

Forza Motorsport [b]MUST READ![/b]

Post by VIPEROSI »

Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

I have to admint from what's in this interview it is sounding very promising indeed. Good to hear some of the devs are rl racers and also online racers from gpl and nr2003, it certainly adds weight to the promises of realistic physics.
breakneck

Post by breakneck »

A simulation on a console? I'd like to see that.. :lol:
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

interesting.. if u can plug ur Xbox controller into ur PC thru USB, wonder if u can plug ur MOMO into Xbox thru adaptor....

Someone will do it.... then jump on Xbox Live and own em... lol... silly gamepad...
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198089849481]Image[/url]

;)
Takumi

Post by Takumi »

this thread is pointless without pics!!

i would wait to play the final product before i was convinced. many companies have tried to outclass GT on consoles and got no-where close
It's been nice, chaps.
Takumi

Post by Takumi »

eh this got me interested:) so i poked about on ign for news

they've played a version and they describe the physics as more forgiving than gran turismo.. whatever that can be interpreted as. they also described the graphics as being outclassed by GT.

It's been nice, chaps.
breakneck

Post by breakneck »

Takumi wrote: they've played a version and they describe the physics as more forgiving than gran turismo..
I wouldn't be surprised if it had watered down physics, considering nearly all of the players will be playing with the gamepad. You can't exactly control 700 odd degrees of wheel turning in an inch of thumb joystick movement. imho of course :)

In my experience of console racing games they all seem to be the same level of simulation as that v8 supercars game :p
Scottie

Post by Scottie »

pc all the way... talk in cheap in my opinion... until it's proven... pc 0wnZ
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

breakneck wrote:
Takumi wrote: they've played a version and they describe the physics as more forgiving than gran turismo..
I wouldn't be surprised if it had watered down physics, considering nearly all of the players will be playing with the gamepad. You can't exactly control 700 odd degrees of wheel turning in an inch of thumb joystick movement. imho of course :)

In my experience of console racing games they all seem to be the same level of simulation as that v8 supercars game :p
Except, that doesn't go for RBR. A PC game released on console first which was made for wheels and so incredibly hard to control with a pad on either xBox or PS2. This was the exception to the rule though and I'll agree with you for the most part.

I have heard a couple of people say that the Forza demo was very difficult to control with a pad and that it would be much better with a wheel.

:tilt:
VIPEROSI

Post by VIPEROSI »

No offense tak but the photo you posted is very low res and doesnt reflect the quality of graphics in Forza.

Also that preview was quiet old...september last year so there probably have been some big improvements since then. The Interviewer didnt state wether he was in arcade mode or in a simulation mode either. In the preview i copied above they state there are varying degrees of difficulty and damage available in options so we dont really know wether he was playing it in the full simulation mode we would play it in. I have the feeling that it would have been an arcade mode making it much easier for the people at that games convention to pick up and play.

Check this link out for high qaulity images which give a much better idea of the graphics. :)
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/driving/fo ... tml?page=5

The newer photos arent as good, but look back through the older pics for higher resolution ones :)

And on the same site a preview http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/driving/fo ... 96813.html

I dont give gamespot much respect when it comes to reviewing racing games so i wouldnt take that as gospel ;)

GT's graphics have always been good, but that means the rest of the gameplay is sacrificied because of the PS2's lack of processing power.

Supposedly Forza is going to have a complete damage model, as well as Tyre wear etc.

I agree that consoles never will equal pc sims, but this one definately looks like it has the potential to be a proper simulation.

After nearly ever console racer dissapointing me i really hope this one holds up to what it claims to be.
SE1Z

Post by SE1Z »

hey... its free, who cares? ;)
matticooper

Post by matticooper »

When they port it to PC - then I'll be interested. Until then.. hand me GT4 and the hand controller and I'll have some fun hitting the AI :)
Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

Plenty of people play LFS with a gamepad and do alright for themselves.
Takumi

Post by Takumi »

VIPEROSI wrote:No offense tak but the photo you posted is very low res and doesnt reflect the quality of graphics in Forza.
to me the new ones from that link look about the same,...

Image :faint:
It's been nice, chaps.
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

i flicked thru those screenies, from the first link and not one in car shot....

all the in game ones are from behind the car, how many of you play LFS like that?

The rest look like renders... or polished up for promo.....

;)
Takumi

Post by Takumi »

ORt Sin wrote:The rest look like renders... or polished up for promo.....
thats what i think also. however some screens for GT4 are like that too. in my opinion graphically GT4 is looking nicer, but i guess we wont know until we can play them both. interestingly they quote forza as having cars from over 60 manufacturers, however dont tell you how many cars that makes. i doubt it would be more than GT4's lineup

these 2 pics here appear to be ingame. to me there is something not quite right about the appearance.
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/20 ... een001.jpg
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/20 ... een012.jpg
it could be the lighting
It's been nice, chaps.
SE1Z

Post by SE1Z »

looks like the cars have been 'stuck on' , they dont look like part of that pic... if that makes any sense?
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

The first one looks like a render - or a photoshop more likely (and not a particularly good one). The second one looks fine to me. In fact, I'd go so far as to say it looks pretty good.

I'm glad we are going to see authentic upgrades to cars in this. Not just the usual GT 1st stage turbo, 2nd stage turbo etc. Every car in that game has the same upgrades.

I wonder if the LFS devs would reconsider their staunchly independent stance if they could have enough money to jump on an Enzo waiting list and own an F360 and a Lambo... :D
VIPEROSI

Post by VIPEROSI »

Takumi wrote:
VIPEROSI wrote:No offense tak but the photo you posted is very low res and doesnt reflect the quality of graphics in Forza.
to me the new ones from that link look about the same,...
Yeah as i said the newer ones arent great. Looks like some photos taken with a digital cam of the game being run on some screens.

Check out page 5 and backwards..6 7 etc there are some really good ones.
VIPEROSI

Post by VIPEROSI »

Just check out the telemetry in the replay modes....

These screens are very bad scans so dont take note of the graphics. Graphics will be great, but who cares when you have detail like this :

http://www.forzacentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=776

Dial up beware....theres ALOT of photos
Acerlyte

Post by Acerlyte »

I haven't really got into any console racers in a long time, ever since I got a halfway decent PC with a wheel there is just so much to keep me busy. However is there any word at all if this would make it's way onto a PC anytime in the near future? I really enjoyed GT and GT2 back in my PS1 days and I feel it's one type of game that I would REALLY enjoy if there were some sort of PC version of it. I don't really hold any hopes of ever seeing GT4 on the PC but since Forza is on the Xbox perhaps we may be lucky enough to get a decently ported version for PC!

I really enjoyed buying cars and doing em up to my liking in GT2 and I reckon I would have heaps of enjoyment on a PC version (and no, NFSU2 just doesn't cut it lol) so it would be fantastic if this were to make it onto PC... ah well, I will keep wishing...
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Car models still look dodgy in some of those shots but the telemetry looks mad. Looks like traction circles for each corner and all the other stuff you'd expect too. There was a comparison thread a while ago that showed GT4 Laguna to Forza Laguna and Forza shat all over GT4 in the track graphics department. Hopefully ther'll be some bonnet or roof view in the final product like there is in GT4. Just something to differ between each car you drive!

:tilt:
Takumi

Post by Takumi »

i still think they should aim to have it run at 60fps, instead of 30fps like they said it would, it can make a hell of a difference to how impressive the game looks. 30fps looks passable but 60 makes you drool :)
It's been nice, chaps.
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

big boots to fill if it wants GT4's top spot for console racer...

Just got GT4 today, bought my self an R34 GTR V-Spec and a RX7 Series 6...

and found myself with 380 000 credits thanks to the Jap races... woot...

So far this game is dominating my time.... whats sleep again lol

;)
VIPEROSI

Post by VIPEROSI »

Well its certainly promising to be far better then GT4. Damage, huge amount of telemetry and a great physics model combined with online play....

But its not out...we have all been dissapointed by companies promising and not delivering.

I think the most dangerous thing for us to do will have huge expectations for it. Surely it wont be what we want and all will knock it.

Personally i think it will be close to if not the best CONSOLE racer. But it has to be very good to compete with some PC games.