Bauer

Post by Bauer »

nearly :rolleyes:
--------------
Stu
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

by the way - from that list http://www.startyourengine.org/modGP2/ seems to be the only one downloading at full speed for me.
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

thats the only one i tried mick :yes:

and as for the mod, its a bit 'meh' take it or leave it. even with a few bugs ironed out its not the best mod around
--------------
Stu
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Bauer wrote:thats the only one i tried mick :yes:

and as for the mod, its a bit 'meh' take it or leave it. even with a few bugs ironed out its not the best mod around
Totally agree. The sound samples don't blend well. The models look good but not great and the physics are OK but kind of feel a little 'generic' if that's possible.
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

I'm still downloading the mod and glad you guys have made comment on this mod. I tried to find out some info on the mod over at RSC but that community is slowing going to the dogs.

I don't mind the 'generic' feel if I'm having fun with a mod. I'm not expecting the best thing since sliced bread but hope I find enjoyment from it.
Minister for Religious Genocide.
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

I just gave it a quick go and I like it. Has a good feel especially with no TC. I'll give it a better go in the afternoon just before the cricket and see what its like on the various tracks. But so far so good for me :)
Minister for Religious Genocide.
Sterling

Post by Sterling »

Initially I didn't like this mod but after a few laps it began to grow on me, the original sounds are pretty bad but I replaced those with some by Magnus and this mod came alive, the steering is heavy and it makes the cars drive and feel like they look with those big fat tyres, the models are detailed, the physics are pretty good, the cars are taily as you would expect for an open wheeler but not undrivable.....the more effort you put in the more the car rewards you.

The car is at home on both ovals and road curcuits and would be greatly suited to an indycar style league, hopefully the authors will improve the default sounds................. but otherwise very promising mod!