patch v1081 beta

ISI's new sim rFactor
GT VIRUS
Karen

patch v1081 beta

Post by GT VIRUS »

http://rfactor.net/index.php?page=news_ ... ockcarbeta

Our sim is comming along nicely, this beta patch includes the stockcar evolution mod. Also, this patch when released in v1090 mode should have scott_j's new track, and a new srgp car :)
Scottie

Post by Scottie »

wicked!!!
Woodee
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Woodee »

it includes the mod? or it just opens doors for the rules to be implemented? "Thankyou to the USPITS" it says.... no if only people knew some of the USPITS, stockcar evo and rfactor history :D
My Fundraising Journey

Raised over £1000 for the Scoliosis Campaign Fund from 2011-2013.
Sterling

Post by Sterling »

The patch includes stock cars to race. :yes:
matticooper

Post by matticooper »

driver changes?
Sterling

Post by Sterling »

# Partial to do list:
# Make it configurable whether you can pass before the s/f line on the green (currently you're not allowed to at all, not even on the outside at ovals).
# Hold cars at pit exit while the train is going by.
# Better choices for whether full-course yellows are called (ranging from very sensitive if somebody gets sideways, to never). The current player file option really only calls a full-course yellow if somebody is stopped on track.
# Collision bumping penalty rules. These rules can be used to develop a program for reducing dangerous bump drafting behavior.
# Spotter/commentary.
# Better info display (whether pits are open, whether a longest line penalty is being applied by the server, etc.).
# Forced upgrades on a per-track basis, based on the vehicle.
# More complex drafting.
# Other types of rules (driver swapping, more damage fixing options, etc.).
Driver changes are not in yet and are on the todo list.......
Woodee
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Woodee »

these are not uspits stockcars or stockcar evolutions cars.... they are rfactor stockcars which are just used as a base :)
My Fundraising Journey

Bauer

Post by Bauer »

Woodee wrote:these are not uspits stockcars or stockcar evolutions cars.... they are rfactor stockcars which are just used as a base :)
:shake:
FromJan at The US Pits

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I see people have been asking the question...so here's the answer(s)...

100% of what we had thus far went into the stockcar mod you see for ISI (except for tracks). In fact, we made a mad rush to make sure everything we could get to them in time for the patch was done. Brian Ring's physics, Scott's cockpit and car, PitchShifter's template work all went into the beta. We've also been submitting suggestions for rule changes to them since late 2005, and the results are great!

Brian Ring has been working on the physics for a long time. He's been garnering information from real teams and drivers, getting feedback, tweaking, and trying again. The cars run very well.

Scott did a superb job with the cockpit and the car, and you will see some new Pitchshifter templates in the next few days that really bring out the true bloodline of the car. Give a big hand to these guys, they poured out blood to make sure everything went together well...not to forget ISI either, who have really done a superb job in growing rFactor from what we originally saw. You can't ask much more than what you've been getting from your original purchase...and if you agree with that, make sure all your racing buddies know it as well! We want to make sure ISI are rewarded for listening to their customers!

So if that was our stock car mod, what's left? Why, quite a lot! We will continue assisting ISI in any fixes that the beta needs to correct any bugs, and a few more neat things. From us, you will see new templates, paintschemes, tracks, sounds, and a whole gamut of other things...most of our stuff will drop right into the rFactor beta without any changes at all. We will provide the correct rfm files so that you can swap between the ISI original stockcars and our add-ons.

Jerry has been slaving over some new tracks, those will appear pretty shortly...and not even 'soon'!

At any rate...enjoy!
--------------
Stu
Woodee
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Woodee »

yup....you know, I headed over to the US pits after I posted before...and saw that... DOH! :D

Still, need to give it a thorough try!
My Fundraising Journey

ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

guys 2 q's
- when's the real patch due?
- is there any word of rain yet?
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

2 lame answers

1 - unknown. prolly before S2 full comes out
2 - for NASCAR hopefully never

:tilt:

(I dont think rain is on any priority 'to do' list but I wouldnt really know)
--------------
Stu
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

this is a question pointed at the NR2003 blokes, whats this like in comparison to them?

i've never driven a nascar type game, unless you count daytona usa as a sim
Sterling

Post by Sterling »

Bauer wrote: 1 - unknown. prolly before S2 full comes out
:rofl: .........................I think my grandchildren will be the only one who will get the chance to play this............I guess at least I will be able to pass my S2 licence on as a legacy.

These rFactor guys are really pushing their product alone..............
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

r8response wrote:this is a question pointed at the NR2003 blokes, whats this like in comparison to them?

i've never driven a nascar type game, unless you count daytona usa as a sim
for me (a regular league NR2003 driver) rFactor has a long way to go before it takes the mantle. drafting is in need of tweaking for one. And it is considered beta to be fair.

however, I am not a nascar fan as such and I enjoy NR2003 for what it can offer as an online sim. close racing, papy net code and Ive been racing it on and off since it came out.

When the rFactor mod is done I reckon it will be set to takover as THE nascar sim to have. The rules implemented will all add value to the sim but for me personally, if I wanted to go oval racing I would rather do so in a champ car or IRL mod.
--------------
Stu
Sterling

Post by Sterling »

Bauer wrote:if I wanted to go oval racing I would rather do so in a champ car or IRL mod.
Yep, agreed......mixing ovals and road would be brilliant..........
Woodee
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Woodee »

u can run these nascars on all the tracks.... Wonder what it would be like at Essington :D
My Fundraising Journey