22 F1 Teams in 2008?

Chat about Formula 1, V8's, Indycar etc
Forum rules
Please be careful about posting results in threads discussing current sporting events.

Where possible can the first person to start a thread on an event add *spoilers included* (or similar) to the thread title so that all discussion on the event is kept in one place and readers are aware that the content may contain the results.

Enforcer-J

22 F1 Teams in 2008?

Post by Enforcer-J »

Apparently 22 teams have applied to compete in the 2008 F1 season. Only space for the current 11 plus one. Not looking good for Stoddy it must be said. I'm hoping to see Jordan back on the grid!

Quote from F1live.com:

The sleuth-like F1 media has just about cracked the FIA's mysterious entry list featuring no fewer than twenty two teams for 2008.
While the current eleven paddock players have undoubtedly signed-up, most observers expressed surprise that eleven others had vowed to commit themselves to the sport should their initial entry be accepted.
It has already been revealed that David Richards, Paul Stoddart, Eddie Jordan and Direxiv make up four of the furtive eleven.
Now, it is understood that GP2 teams 'Racing Engineering' and 'BCN Competicion' - both Spanish outfits - are almost certainly on the list, while Eddie Irvine's prospective Roustam Tariko-funded squad is another likely player, as is Craig Pollock.
Another GP2 leader, ART - run by Jean Todt's son Nicolas - is a favourite, along with the once-touted Dubai team, Trevor Carlin's company, and Piquet Sports.
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

This would be great. I'd like to see them all starting the race too. More cars, more passing, more incidents.
ARSE Biscuits! Driftu Kingu!
My Flickr Stream
Nigel
Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

Post by Nigel »

pre-qualifying anyone.
This was something that used to take up time on a Thurday as 4 - 5 teams tried to get onto the last 2 grid spots. I would be good to see that again.
Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography
"There is nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney, Sr.
Bacchulum

Post by Bacchulum »

Currently 36 pit bays at GP tracks, 3 per team.
I say get rid of the T-car and have 18 teams instead. :nod: :yes:
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

Bacchulum wrote:Currently 36 pit bays at GP tracks, 3 per team.
I say get rid of the T-car and have 18 teams instead. :nod: :yes:

actually i think they are considering that!
Scottie

Post by Scottie »

2008 is looking to be a great year in F1's future