rFactor Worth it Now?

ISI's new sim rFactor
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

rFactor Worth it Now?

Post by nutty »

Hey everyone,

Im getting sick of lfs, I know there is a patch comming but I just want somthing abit diffrent to muck around with.

Whats rfactor like? is it improving with patchs/mods?

is it worth the $50? are there many australian's playing at night?
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

mate i havent played it online yet actually...

Sterling was talking about the possibility of getting a league goin..

I downloaded a few different mods for it, at the moment im playing the Porsche Cup Mod.

I also play GTR/GTL and again prolly spend more time offline than on with these games.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198089849481]Image[/url]

;)
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

sorry double post

;)
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

if you didnt think it was worth it then, it prolly isnt now.

Ive been racing it online since it came out and am not looking like giving it up (I was hoping to give it up for NK but it was not to be)

The V8Supercabs will be out soon (there is a mock up job out already giving us V8 shapes and skins) and when that comes out I expect it to spark some interest. But if you dont like it now then I doubt you will like it when the V8's come out.
--------------
Stu
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

definately a better purchase than netkar :nod:

;)
Scottie

Post by Scottie »

yeah it's not bad.

It's a good change from LFS with all the different series you can race with it, and the online code isn't bad. If ya really want to get into it, you'd have to join a league as usual with all sims.

I enjoy the Carrera cup mod and the nordschleife. There is a brand new full-bore 24hr Nurburgring being developed for it which will be a spark in interest beyond the v8 supercars, and the accompanying Bathurst!

I think it's worth it
Sterling

Post by Sterling »

So many people get into the arguments over what is better, is LFS better than rF etc.............for me its very hard to compare the two, sure they are both online race sims, but they offer completely different experiences and go at the challenge in different ways....in fact I think they compliment each other and are both worth owning for different reasons.

LFS sacrifices variety and is about accurate physics and straightforward pickup and play, forget about mismatches, forget about downloading skins, tracks and mods just start it and you can be online and racing quickly with minium fuss.

rF is less about physics and more about variety and offering a large number of different challenges, its modibility allows people to race what they want where they want, because of this rF sacrifices ease of use, physics accuracy/feel and is generally more fiddly just to get online and race but racing real cars on real tracks allbeit with slightly dumbed down physics is quite fun.