Ok, so I'm going to buy Rfactor....

ISI's new sim rFactor
tehsid
forum fairy - in a gay way!

Ok, so I'm going to buy Rfactor....

Post by tehsid »

So I'm spending the 54.99 and getting it...

My question is, what files do I need/want to get the most out of it, and is there anything I need to know?

Cheers in advance guys.
SiD
Bauer

Re: Ok, so I'm going to buy Rfactor....

Post by Bauer »

SiD wrote:So I'm spending the 54.99 and getting it...

My question is, what files do I need/want to get the most out of it, and is there anything I need to know?

Cheers in advance guys.
SiD
2 things

1. 1070 patch

2. http://www.rfactorcentral.com/list.cfm?cat=Car%20Mods its a good start
--------------
Stu
tehsid

Post by tehsid »

Cheers mate, I didnt know there was so much content out already...
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

there is a lot more out there than that too. that site is a wip and is still having things added to it daily. check the rfactor forums at rsc for more.
--------------
Stu
Scottie

Post by Scottie »

what about 1.087 patch? with the nascars and Leniz?
GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

1070 is an official patch, 1087 is for the nascar rules, and you can get nascars for 1070. Lienz atm is independent of patches
thornz

Post by thornz »

hey there, im just about to buy rfactor as well. my question is in regards to the mods. when you add say teh porsche carrera cup mod, does this then overwrite the other cars/tracks etc? so in essence i guess im asking if you add the carrerra mod, can you only race carreras? or is it just another option of car to race in the car selection screen?
cheers, hope that the above questions make some sorta sense :)

and is the 1070 patch still the latest one out that i need?
matticooper

Post by matticooper »

no, it adds another option to what you can drive. It still retains the 3 classes of tintops.
GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

yep, there is a handy list of all the mods you have installed, and there are many out there, anything your interested in you should be able to driver (unless its road cars, but there coming soon via jtc and ecc)
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

Well, despite some comments I have made previously on rFactor I thought I'd make myself a liar and a hypocrite and buy the full version anyway....what's the harm in a bit of variety hey? Had a spare $50 to waste (not really but I felt like spending it anyway) and I have to say, in the few hours I have played so far I've already got half my moneys worth :eyepop:
The mods are easier to install than I expected and the Megane Trophy and McLaren mod's are great. I knew rFactor had great sounds but the sound quality in the mods is fantastic. I have had a few troubles with the game freezing though when changing between mods :(
I'm far from sold on the online racing, compatabilty and ease of rFactor but hopefully gets better with time. Physics overall arent bad but I just dont seem to get the same feedback through my wheel as in LFS.
I don't think I'll get too involved with rFactor but there is plenty of fun to be had and will be worth the $50 :)
Sterling

Post by Sterling »

Enforcer-J wrote:Well, despite some comments I have made previously on rFactor I thought I'd make myself a liar and a hypocrite and buy the full version anyway....what's the harm in a bit of variety hey? Had a spare $50 to waste (not really but I felt like spending it anyway) and I have to say, in the few hours I have played so far I've already got half my moneys worth :eyepop:
The mods are easier to install than I expected and the Megane Trophy and McLaren mod's are great. I knew rFactor had great sounds but the sound quality in the mods is fantastic. I have had a few troubles with the game freezing though when changing between mods :(
I'm far from sold on the online racing, compatabilty and ease of rFactor but hopefully gets better with time. Physics overall arent bad but I just dont seem to get the same feedback through my wheel as in LFS.
I don't think I'll get too involved with rFactor but there is plenty of fun to be had and will be worth the $50 :)
:yes:

Its not better, its not worse, its just different to LFS. I like it for the pure variety it offers and the chance to drive real cars on real tracks.
LFS and rF both have a place on my HD.

Be sure to turn your virus checker off when you play it, everything plays and opens much quicker.
Coopz
King of the Wierd
King of the Wierd

Post by Coopz »

I bought it today, and I like it:)
Graphics and sound are years ahead of LFS.

Annoying unlock system though...
Unlocking stuff is a console trait.
norbs wrote:
Stop bullying him. You have more birthdays each year than he gets roots!
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

PCC mod is fantastic...

Toban with these bad boys is a rush... I was smiling again, like i was in the MNR's for LFS... i like to enjoy my gaming, and this did it for me...

Yet to try the Mclaren mod... ill get to that at the end of the week... :yes:

I havent patched to 1070 yet tho... Should I?
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198089849481]Image[/url]

;)
Woodee
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Woodee »

yes patch it!

http://www.rfactorcentral.com/list.cfm?cat=Car%20Mods

That should keep you going :)
My Fundraising Journey

Raised over £1000 for the Scoliosis Campaign Fund from 2011-2013.
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

Sin wrote:PCC mod is fantastic...

Toban with these bad boys is a rush... I was smiling again, like i was in the MNR's for LFS... i like to enjoy my gaming, and this did it for me...

Yet to try the Mclaren mod... ill get to that at the end of the week... :yes:

I havent patched to 1070 yet tho... Should I?
you should definately patch it to 1070 and hopefully the new patch will be out soon anyway.

I loved PCC. they were a lot of fun. You should get the McLaren mod as well as the Proton/Demon mod. Follow that with the All Car mod and you can have a mixed bag of different classes on track at once.
--------------
Stu