LCD widescreen yes/no?

Computer and electronic gizmo support.
kwijibo
Squatting Squirter

Post by kwijibo »

wabbit wrote:kwijibo: Are you able to post a pic/send me one of what LFS looks like in widescreen :)
You probably cant tell too well from this shot.. if you want a certain scenario let me know :)

It looks like the screen is blurring, but thats not the case at all. I think its just the camera shutter speed or something

wild
Master artist
Master artist

Post by wild »

Ahh, another G15 owner ;)
kwijibo
Squatting Squirter

Post by kwijibo »

wild wrote:Ahh, another G15 owner ;)
Courtesy of my g/f for my birthday today. Good timing for the picture :D Got any good lcd thingo's for it? I'm a bit sick of the clock haha
wild
Master artist
Master artist

Post by wild »

I mostly use the Media Player (for controlling Winamp/iTunes) but there's a few handy ones here: http://g15mods.com/mods.html

I'm thinking of dusting off my programming knowledge and using it to hook into OutGauge ;)
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

i have a mod for TeamSpeak and Ventrilio. that displays the number of people in the room. whose talking and who has entered the channel/server
kwijibo
Squatting Squirter

Post by kwijibo »

do it do it do it

theres a video of one working on the lfsforums

actually.. heres a link to something, its in german so i dont know how to get it working tho :)

http://www.kamelstall.de/lfg/Live_for_G15_050506.zip
wild
Master artist
Master artist

Post by wild »

Got a link to the vid?
kwijibo
Squatting Squirter

Post by kwijibo »

wild wrote:Got a link to the vid?
http://www.kamelstall.de/G15OutGauge.wmv
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

seems you need the IP address of the server and the InSim port as well!
kwijibo
Squatting Squirter

Post by kwijibo »

I sort have got the g15 applet running. It is displaying my fuel reading, but the split times and whatever else it is syupposed to be showing are all blank :(

All i really wanted was fuel tho so im happy for now. hm.. this has gone very off topic
Doso

Post by Doso »

9ra55h0ppaH wrote:
Doso wrote:i just need some more money to replace this fucking $5 keyboard
:rofl: you have those $5 keyboards for a reason dont you doso? :D
ahh yep, i have a little rage issues, so i bought cheap keyboards so i could throw em break em etc

when i was younger i throw a 17 inch monitor out a window i also "pulled" the muscle in between your rib cage and thought i was having a heart attack, had too have a ekg and everything :yikes:

thank god i have calmed down now :faint:
AstrO
Help Desk Expert

Post by AstrO »

kwijibo wrote:I sort have got the g15 applet running. It is displaying my fuel reading, but the split times and whatever else it is syupposed to be showing are all blank :(

All i really wanted was fuel tho so im happy for now. hm.. this has gone very off topic
Maybe I should get it then ;)
wenmo

Post by wenmo »

Thanks guys, you have given me enough confidence to go out and buy a 19inch widescreen lcd acer, should be here shortly, on special at radio rentals for $579, i would love to get the DELL 24inch, but when your married with kids and always buying footy boots or basketballs etc theres never enough money to go around. So guys my advice is go and buy your toys before u get hitched!
never had computers when i was a kid, so i am making up for it now!! Dont hit my car!
wild
Master artist
Master artist

Post by wild »

AstrO wrote:Maybe I should get it then ;)
:lmao:
wenmo wrote:Thanks guys, you have given me enough confidence to go out and buy a 19inch widescreen lcd acer, should be here shortly, on special at radio rentals for $579
You'll prolly hate me for pointing this out, but...
http://www4.secret.com.au/cgi-bin/compu ... enq/FP202W

:)
wenmo wrote:i would love to get the DELL 24inch, but when your married with kids and always buying footy boots or basketballs etc theres never enough money to go around. So guys my advice is go and buy your toys before u get hitched!
Good advice. :rofl:
wenmo

Post by wenmo »

Thats right, allways something better and cheaper,acer 19inch better be good or i'll be crying!!!!!
never had computers when i was a kid, so i am making up for it now!! Dont hit my car!
Pinger$

Post by Pinger$ »

My boss just bought a FP202W for home and it's pretty nice. I'd recommend it. Nice res... 1680x1050. Lots of desktop space.
Luigi only likes Ferraris.
norbs
fucking right wing vegan lesbian

Post by norbs »

These wide screen jobbies do some weird arse resolutions. 1680x1050 for the 1 Wild mentions. (It is $530 at http://www.fluidtek.com.au/ ) Do I need to upgrade a video card as well? I have the ATI Radeon 9700.
Sarc ; my second favourite type of gasm.
wild
Master artist
Master artist

Post by wild »

Pinger$ wrote:My boss just bought a FP202W for home and it's pretty nice. I'd recommend it. Nice res... 1680x1050. Lots of desktop space.
I'd never liked Benq monitors (they sometimes have some downright ugly looking bezels on them) but that 20" is a real good price, has all the right specs (I know CMV have a 20" "widescreen" with a res of 1440x1050.. wtfbbq?) and doesn't look too bad.

If you want to play in native 1680x1050 res norbs, you'll need a better video card. Get a GeForce 6600GT or 6800GS, or if you feel like upgrading to a PCI-E motherboard, a 7600GT or X1600XT is real good bang for buck.
Sarsippius

Post by Sarsippius »

Yeah like wild says you'll probably need something a bit better norbs, at least gaming wise, for windows I'd say your card would handle that res.
I've got the 20" Dell as I mentioned before and it uses that 1680x1050 res, I have a socket 754 Athlon54 3000+ and a 6600GT. To give you an idea I get a solid 50fps in LFS with 4xFSAA and 16xAF which drops a little at race starts, the usual with LFS.
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

As there's some pretty clued up people 'round here and this is sort of a monitor thread I thought I'd post a question......

I run a laptop, nothing great but it runs LFS well enough. I have a 17" CRT and it's getting darker and darker. Just wondering what you'd recommend I'd replace it with? I'd like a 8ms 19" (non widescreen) LCD but won't bother if my poor little lappie won't do it justice, I'll just get another CRT. Basic specs of my computer are:

Inspiron I6000 Pentium M 1.86GHz
1.00GB of RAM
ATI Mobility Radeon X300

Cheers

:D
Doso

Post by Doso »

kwijibo wrote:I sort have got the g15 applet running. It is displaying my fuel reading, but the split times and whatever else it is syupposed to be showing are all blank :(

im currently programming an app from outsim to out put speed, rpm, Gear, car, throttle, clutch, brake, fuel etc position to an app in real time so you can run this with LFS and run this app on your second monitor

currently it dosent look very good at all but thats because im having to re learn visual basic (havent used vb in ~4 years) and also im currently trying too hook up my 2 x 20 lcd and out put it too that and attach it too my wheel so im only trying to get values

anyway if anybody wants it tell me and i release my "work in progress version" and ill compile it
wenmo

Post by wenmo »

Holy shit Batman, got my new Acer 19inch widescreen today 8ms 1440, 990 and it rocks for $579.00 if anyone wants to by my 17inch benq lcd for $200 let me know, i will never go back to square againrate it 9 out of 10
Scuderia_Alan

Post by Scuderia_Alan »

Racing fans will be pleased to know you can now have the pleasure of paying $1500 on a 20" Acer Ferrari LCD monitor which apart from the badge and the red, is apparently is no different from the regular version. link
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

So which is faster, the Acer Ferrari 4000 or the Asus Lamborghini VX1?

Even The Stig might have trouble getting those around the track.