juggle

Post by juggle »

SHoNKY wrote::worthless:

Wonder how far off Robbo's shifter is? :nod:
ill try and do some vids over the w/e

and ill do a pick of the pedal set and whhel next to DFP :nod:
funkdancer

Post by funkdancer »

Great, looking forward to it Juggle! There's no need to say we're all quite a bit jealous of what you've got between the chair and the screen there in NZ.

All preorders from non-über-elite Logitech retailers seem to have been worth about as much as the poo I flush down the toilet as far as early delivery is concerned.

I'm not paying that closer to $500 price, so will wait till December or next year (which will be after my 16 day trip to NZ!) or whenever some real supplies reach where I've registered my preorder.

Logitech are designing a product for the hardcore net gamers and don't make sure a few select net shops get a decent supply - my mind is still trying to evaluate the wiseness of that strategy.
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

Cheers Juggle, would be good to see some comparison pics of the G25 and DFP side by side. :yes:
Sterling

Post by Sterling »

Shonky

Post by Shonky »

Bugger me, some material other than plastic in a Logitech product, what is the world coming too? :lol:
wild
Master artist
Master artist

Post by wild »

funkdancer wrote:Great, looking forward to it Juggle! There's no need to say we're all quite a bit jealous of what you've got between the chair and the screen there in NZ.

All preorders from non-über-elite Logitech retailers seem to have been worth about as much as the poo I flush down the toilet as far as early delivery is concerned.

I'm not paying that closer to $500 price, so will wait till December or next year (which will be after my 16 day trip to NZ!) or whenever some real supplies reach where I've registered my preorder.

Logitech are designing a product for the hardcore net gamers and don't make sure a few select net shops get a decent supply - my mind is still trying to evaluate the wiseness of that strategy.
Remember this is supposed to be a limited edition wheel, and as a result the smaller shops just can't get the wheel in quantity.
Cetram

Post by Cetram »

The other shops can't get the wheel at all. The big stores took all of the first shipment. It sounds like theres gonna be another lot coming in a month or two. Hopefully JB-HI FI or EB got some of the first run and sell them at a decent price (less than the normal HN price hike). I'll probably end up waiting for the A1 gear now. I already have the pedals so i wouldn't have used the ones in the g25 anyway, just the wheel and shifter.
Scuderia_Alan

Post by Scuderia_Alan »

Is there an actual reason from Logitech for the limited edition-ness of all this? Are they preparing us for a cheaper made/stripped down model to arrive later?
ReppohC

Post by ReppohC »

I've been trying to keep an eye open for this. Apparently there are only 400 coming into AUS, and most are going to the logitech partners (i.e HN).

I'd really love to get one for $400 or whatever, but its looking like the only way I'll get one is to pay the RRP of $499 at HN or something.

As for limited ness, alot of the wheel is "hand built". I'm not sure how many they could make a day, but I wouldn't think it would be as cheap as other wheels to make (in terms of cost of materials and labour). in my opinion is a bargin for $500 considering what you get, as long as it doesn't constantly stuff up like some other logitech products....

In the end I know three people personally that want to buy this wheel. Hopefully I'm lucky enough to snap one up. (I assume a few will be coming west!?!).
juggle

Post by juggle »

SHoNKY wrote:Cheers Juggle, would be good to see some comparison pics of the G25 and DFP side by side. :yes:
tehsid
forum fairy - in a gay way!
forum fairy - in a gay way!

Post by tehsid »

I want it..... now
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

Cheers juggle. :D

Good to see the wheel is a bit larger in diameter, that's my main problem with the DFP, with both hands on the DFP I tend to roll my shoulders forward which causes a bit of pain after extened racing, once that happens I find myself driving 1 handed so I can square my shoulders up a bit.

Talk about a rock and a hard place, I've got a DFP and A1 pedals atm, which for the most part does what I need except for the wheel size. Guess I'll have to stick with the DFP cause I want to go with the A1 shifter when it is released, mainly because the build quality will be bullet proof if the A1 pedals are anything to go by, which means most of G25 will be unused.
Blowtus

Post by Blowtus »

gah... still not big enough and not enough buttons :(
Threeps

Post by Threeps »

It is bigger though, and it appears to have more buttons than the dfp. Of course most of the buttons are on the shifter, which isn't too bad in my opinion. The pedals appear quite well constructed looking at the pics in the link Sterling posted.

I want one, but I doubt I'll be getting one. My want list is a little too long at the moment, and a new wheel isn't top of the list.
Sterling

Post by Sterling »

I like the size of my momo............ :shrug: maybe I just don't know any better :lol:
Blowtus

Post by Blowtus »

Threeps wrote:It is bigger though, and it appears to have more buttons than the dfp. Of course most of the buttons are on the shifter, which isn't too bad in my opinion. The pedals appear quite well constructed looking at the pics in the link Sterling posted.

I want one, but I doubt I'll be getting one. My want list is a little too long at the moment, and a new wheel isn't top of the list.
yeah I meant buttons on the wheel. I'm not sure if I'd use the h-shifter or not.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

It seems to me the number of buttons are the same (10 'normal' buttons + the 4-way thing) but the fact they are off to the shifter is not a good thing imho. They'll not be as easy to reach, you need to look for them.
Otherwise it looks nice, have fun with it mate :)
The slightly bigger size may be good, I wish it was a bit thicker too.
by the way what the grip is made of?
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
ReppohC

Post by ReppohC »

28 cm leather-wrapped steering wheel rim... Hand stitched?

Apparently only 2000 came in the first shipment. 350 to Harvey Norman. Shipment has just arrived and is, as far as I know, being distributed as we speak. Apparently they will reach Perth EB's by the 29th. Harvey Norman is saying sometime before late oct, but hinted that it would be early oct.

The only negative feedback I can find for this wheel is the clicky noice with the shifter. Was the first thing I noticed when I saw the wheel in action.

There are a few videos around, I'll try to find the links again. But bloody hell at how fast this thing spins, might lose a finger or two :p.

In the end its pretty much a metal component dfp with clutch and shifter for $499.95 AU. Considering what you get its a decent price but its still $500... I'm very close to pre-ordering one anyway. :)
funkdancer

Post by funkdancer »

Thanks for the pics and the info Juggle - darned it looks good. Sterls, top notch internal photos - TY too!

I may be swayed towards just picking it up the moment someone spots it in Melbourne.

What's the risk though of waiting until the online stores get it too - could they potentially not get it?
funkdancer

Post by funkdancer »

FYI: EBWorld in the Ikea centre in Richmond, VIC, is supposed to get it in next week - either Monday or Thursday. The price is $500 though. So I guess that's a $100 of risk money - are they going to have general supplies later, or was that it.

I've put in $20 whilst I make up my mind... :fall:
Doso

Post by Doso »

by the way robbo has just annonced the advantage 1 shifter for $250 and damm does it look rock solid, ive invested far too much money in lgitech products and really they havent dilivered imho
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Doso wrote:by the way robbo has just annonced the advantage 1 shifter for $250 and damm does it look rock solid, ive invested far too much money in lgitech products and really they havent dilivered imho
Some of the logi stuff is really crappy indeed, but I find their software the most disturbing - and I'm not alone with that. The logi wireless keyboard/mouse driver is a piece of dung. So I'll keep waiting and buy robbos' wheel when it comes! :D
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
funkdancer

Post by funkdancer »

Has robbo got a FF wheel in the works?
I kept asking about details of his shifter for ages too but didn't hear anything back.
The A1 sparco pedals are still going strong, so I very much doubt I'll be swapping them for the 25s (other than a quick test as part of a review).
wild
Master artist
Master artist

Post by wild »

funkdancer wrote:Has robbo got a FF wheel in the works?
Nope.
funkdancer wrote:I kept asking about details of his shifter for ages too but didn't hear anything back.
I've been asking for MONTHS. He occasionally posts a photo and says it's close, but it's been close for some time now. I've preordered the G25 because I'm sick of waiting. :/