New Logitech Wheel

Computer and electronic gizmo support.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

funkdancer wrote:Has robbo got a FF wheel in the works?
No, only the idea. He originally did not want to make an FF wheel at all, for many reasons, but they are not valid anymore as far as I know; last I heard he was planning to make his new wheel an FF one - but of course first he has to complete the shifter. So it won't come tomorrow, that's for sure :)
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
masternick

Post by masternick »

i want to get a G25 but i have to wait a little for some more money:P

just sure where to get it tho :(
Doso

Post by Doso »

wild wrote:
funkdancer wrote:Has robbo got a FF wheel in the works?
Nope.
funkdancer wrote:I kept asking about details of his shifter for ages too but didn't hear anything back.
I've been asking for MONTHS. He occasionally posts a photo and says it's close, but it's been close for some time now. I've preordered the G25 because I'm sick of waiting. :/
i asked robo about the ff wheel he said there is one in the pipeline, so im holding on for that mainly because i know about his quality and great after sales support

by the way
The Advantage1 Shifter, known as the A1 Gear Box has gone into final production. This means that it will be available in early October. The following is a quick summation of the product.

A1 Gear Box -

H pattern gear shifter system and smart switch to change to sequential mode.

Self centring gear stick.

All steel construction including springs and bearings.

Stainless steel gear stick with leather bound aluminium gear knob. After market gear knobs can be easily fitted if desired.

Stainless steel shifter gate. 8 position ( 7 + reverse ) and sequential gate standard. Other configurations (4, 5, 6, + reverse available as options).

Black and silver powder coated finish.

Super strong desk clamp. Clamp is designed to provide a natural gear changing position below the height of your steering wheel. Can be mounted left or right.

Pre-Orders will be up on the website in a day or 2.

Price is $249.00 (excluding the USB Box). Note, the shifter will work with both the A1 and the Act Labs USB Box. A1 USB Box is $39.00.

Discounts will apply to A1 GT Pedal Owners.
eMPee

Post by eMPee »

:D sounds good
funkdancer

Post by funkdancer »

Yeah, does indeed sound good - thanks for that info on the new stick mate. Only wish it had been here sooner - if going for the G25 wheel you really can't do without the 25's stick as that's where all the buttons are at.
ReppohC

Post by ReppohC »

Pre-ordered one for $372 in Perth, however have to wait a while for them to get the stock. The price you pay for being cheap :)
Patrini

Post by Patrini »

Hey Juggle - any idea how much travel you have on those pedals ??

I went from Momo Racing with 35mm travel on Accelerator to Momo Force with 25mm and noticed lack of fine control. I was thinking of A1 pedals which have about 70mm I believe, but would be interested to know how much the G25 has.
tehsid
forum fairy - in a gay way!
forum fairy - in a gay way!

Post by tehsid »

The G25 came into my store yesterday (EB games)

It said $499 is te retail, but it looks like we're price matching for $370~. Check first.

(Oh, and anybody who go's to EB werribee, the only g25 we had, is mine :D)
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

omg, who should I list to price match with mate!@! ill go get one today
Pinger$

Post by Pinger$ »

Anyone know an Adelaide shop that's getting them?
Luigi only likes Ferraris.
funkdancer

Post by funkdancer »

I'm picking my EB preorder up on Thursday for $499. Would appreciate if anyone has hard Melbourne info on lower prices so I could use it to get them to price match, otherwise I guess I'll write back next time with some high resolution pics.
ReppohC

Post by ReppohC »

The only places that are cheaper are "online stores". I've heard that Dick Smith Electronics has the wheel for $429 online order only. Maybe you could give that a go?
Sterling

Post by Sterling »

ReppohC wrote:The only places that are cheaper are "online stores". I've heard that Dick Smith Electronics has the wheel for $429 online order only. Maybe you could give that a go?
http://www.dse.com.au/cgi-bin/dse.store ... iew/YG8888

All stores out of stock apparently.....
funkdancer

Post by funkdancer »

Thanks, I had also seen that. I'm printing it and giving it a shot on the night - best I can do it would seem. Doesn't hurt to try. :)
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

gonna go to EB when i start work see if they have any
Hello :aussie:
funkdancer

Post by funkdancer »

Harvey Norman in Preston, VIC have 3 - all at $499 though. I called 4 different JB Hifi numers in the city (Melbourne), none of the people behind the numbers I tried had any clue.
pogo

Post by pogo »

funkdancer wrote:I'm picking my EB preorder up on Thursday for $499. Would appreciate if anyone has hard Melbourne info on lower prices so I could use it to get them to price match, otherwise I guess I'll write back next time with some high resolution pics.
I'm going EB as well :( and a little part inside of me is dying. I asked them how is it that online stores have been selling them (allegedly) for as low as $350, yet the best they can do is $499. Overheads, she reckons... ha, yes, $150 of overheads... my arse. Probably trade in my DS Lite to soften the pain a little, not getting much use out of it :rolleyes:
Robbo

Post by Robbo »

You can pick them up in Sydney without too much effort. I grabbed one today for $420.00. I'll be pulling it apart for R & D.
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

Robbo wrote:I'll be pulling it apart for R & D.
Thats what we like to hear. :D :yes:
wild
Master artist
Master artist

Post by wild »

Robbo wrote:You can pick them up in Sydney without too much effort. I grabbed one today for $420.00. I'll be pulling it apart for R & D.
:rofl:

I was thinking 'why is Robbo buying a competitor's wheel' and then read that last bit. :tilt:
Sterling

Post by Sterling »

nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

Robbo wrote:You can pick them up in Sydney without too much effort. I grabbed one today for $420.00. I'll be pulling it apart for R & D.
Prob the wrong person to ask, but what shop?
Robbo

Post by Robbo »

JB HiFi Liverpool .. $449.00 on the box. I got mine for $420.00.

by the way ... I haven't plugged it in or used the FF yet but my first impressions are ... Expensive toy. I may be biased but it is very plasticy, the shifter is very basic and not realistic and the wheel is tiny. Not enough buttons. The pedals look to be a vast improvement on previous Logitechs. I have read that the FF is brilliant however.
Blowtus

Post by Blowtus »

well if you'd come out with a nice professional *decent size with decent number of buttons* ff wheel, that'd be nice Robbo :) I won't be buying this thing purely due to lack of buttons on the wheel...
funkdancer

Post by funkdancer »

Thanks Rob! I called all the JB Hifis in Melbourne city yesterdays but none of the guys I spoke to had a clue! Then I called Preston and the person there was quite helpful, even listing stores that had it in stock. Now the good thing is that JB are listing it for $449, and whilst EB are at $499 they are going to price match it for me [will need to call JB to confirm though]. So $50 saved there :D