New Logitech Wheel

Computer and electronic gizmo support.
juggle

Post by juggle »

just picked up my G25 today woohoo

very smooth action on wheel pedals are superb with good weighting, gear selector also accurate. All components have a good quality feel. ill post more as i get used to it..

i would have bought robs pedals but the shipping to NZ made the g25 a good option
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

Wow, so its out??

Photos!
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

I'd do as your avatar Righty...that's practically a give-away. Do you know anything about the seller?
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

No mate, just did a bit of google action.

There is a Sydney number 02 8339 0001 and a melbourne one 03 8888 5115

Seems legit to me. THey have pick up and everything. Pretty massive saving that.
pogo

Post by pogo »

nice price... c'mon payday :D
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

A couple weeks ago there was 15-20 sellers listing on staticice.com. Now there's one. Somebody said that most units have gone to JB-Hifi and hardly normals. I wonder if that's why they all disappeared.
YnoT

Post by YnoT »

where did you buy the G25 from juggle?
juggle

Post by juggle »

YnoT wrote:where did you buy the G25 from juggle?

http://www.gpstore.co.nz/Hardware/Box/1518730.html
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

Wonder if there is a place in brissy to get these now
Hazelb
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Hazelb »

Stu posted this at ATR

http://www.pcau.com/l4/LOG3575.htm
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

Hazelb wrote:Stu posted this at ATR

look up about 8 posts :lol:
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

I've been led to understand that they have sold out of those in that location. Someone from the OZbee land made a call.
funkdancer

Post by funkdancer »

Confirmed.
They had been overbooked and they wouldn't take my order (techbuy was getting too expensive, so I had cancelled that).

I thought I still had plenty of time to order it somewhere else, and then they release it 2-3 weeks early :)

Am talking to webber4.com.au about getting one--should know later today.

Can anyone confirm if the global production numbers really are limited?

Hope to be firing up that D70s sooner rather than later.
Hazelb
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Hazelb »

r8response wrote:
Hazelb wrote:Stu posted this at ATR

look up about 8 posts :lol:
:eek: :rolleyes: :smackbum:
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

funkdancer wrote:Can anyone confirm if the global production numbers really are limited?
That was just a speculation as far as i know. I'd be very-very surprised by such a thing, it's agains their best interest to limit numbers, especially with the dfp out of the market.
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
VIPEROSI

Post by VIPEROSI »

Hey juggle what are the peddles like are you getting any of the traditional pedal travel problems?

I dont think ive raced once in the last 2 yrs without my brake or throttle dragging, i have no doubt it costs me time and it really is frustrating!. Ive got a momo at the moment, love the wheel but HATE the peddles.

If this wheel has good peddles i wont hesitate getting it!.
juggle

Post by juggle »

Ok had a bit of fun with g25 so hers my thoughts so far..... bloody marvelous

You have to be aware that I don’t get the chance to race too much these days so im a bit rusty driving. My former wheel was the DFP.

Construction: The whole package oozes quality

Wheel: Rock solid mounting; zero play in the wheel and the dead spot from the DFP has gone. Very quiet with minimal notchiness from the gearing inside, in fact I don’t really notice it. Wheel size is way better (diameter and thickness) with the leather giving a very nice feel. Buttons are very nicely placed. I come onto the lack of buttons question when describing the gearshift. Paddles on the back are very nice and I especially like the extended ears, which makes it easier to grab a gear when whipping the wheel about.

FF: Incredibly smooth with none of the jerkiness I found with the DFP. I have had to increase the ff 65% in LFS and 100% inRBR (compared to 50/70 ish) which is not to say the ff is weaker but more controlled and I think much less lag. The feel you get when the cars slide about makes the whole experience much more involving with the wheel behaving as it would in a normal car.

Pedals: I refuse to takes these apart...for now anyways. I can only assume that the red piston shape is a shroud for the springs, but then again that’s purely speculation. The accelerator has good spring strength and brake and clutch have heavy settings so you really have to stomp on the brakes now. The pedal travel is much longer which I am finding is making my driving smoother. You can heal and toe pretty easily for the downshift. I have resorted to my old climbing stickies as the pedal effort was giving me sore feet (used to use socks) and it makes the heal and toe easier. Probably due to the larger footprint/weight the pedals have not moved since I put them in place.

Gear stick/console: Good solid mounting. gear throw through the gates is swift and sure. There is a loudish click from the switches when you select a gear, but again I have gotten used to it pretty quickly and with earphones on it just give you a faintly audible/tactile notification that you have a gear. The stick stays in the gear position firmly. I have not tried it in sequential mode, and probably wont, as it is too much fun being able to jump from 6th to 2nd for hairpins etc. The lack off switches on the wheel has not really been a concern as when you are actually setup the switches actually fall nicely to you fingers. I also use binds for the wheel buttons to cycle through commands etc.

Overall: happy I spent the money. In LFS I am finding the difficult setups eg.Flotch WR set for Blackwood, which I found very difficult to drive with DFP has become transformed and a pleasure to use, with smoother acceleration and braking. The steering itself has very nice feel to it with minimal lovely turn in and feedback. RBR same again finding it much easier to modulate braking and acceleration which has led me to knock about 3-5 secs of my PB,s.

I will be honest and say these both feel like new games again, not in a bad way but more like I am actually driving them..

If anybody else has any other questions then ill do my best to answer

Cheers Mike
Last edited by juggle on Fri Sep 22, 2006 2:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
pogo

Post by pogo »

onya Jugs :yes: me wantee
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

Def getting one now, comon a place in brisbane, ill get one today
wild
Master artist
Master artist

Post by wild »

Geez, I'm actually tempted to get one myself actually. I might head up to the local EB and Harvey Norman to see if any are coming in.
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

I did some ringing around,
I called a bunch of wholesalers and retailers

Altech seem to have nfi when its comming in, same with Umart/Gamedude ect.

Eb-Games want $500 and said October, and I would def get one if I paid a deposit.

Jb-hifi didnt even have it on there system.
wild
Master artist
Master artist

Post by wild »

EB told me early October too, but couldn't tell me whether or not they actually had any coming in. I'd have to preorder to be sure.

I'm damn tempted to, though.
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

Rang hardly normal nfi.
GTR-2 is in stock tho, going today to get it
wild
Master artist
Master artist

Post by wild »

Preordered mine :)

Should be in early October according to EB.