ARSE World Cup Thread!

Cricket, footy, tennis, whatever
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

ARSE World Cup Thread!

Post by nutty »

Figure I should make a thread,

15 Days left to goo, everyone excited and ready for some a few weeks of little sleep :)
Sterling

Post by Sterling »

So are the showing much coverage on SBS?....I haven't had a chance to investigate.......
Bacchulum

Post by Bacchulum »

Just all 63 match's Sterling. :nod: :D

The Japs are taking it very seriously, to point of having spies at the Socceroo's training camp for the Greek friendly.
I reckon we can beat Japan and get a result against Croatia which should be enough to progress, but Japan will be thinking the exact same thing. :)
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

Already got the fixture list up on the door at work :)

We're well covered nation-wise here.
ARSE Biscuits! Driftu Kingu!
My Flickr Stream
BigPete33

Post by BigPete33 »

I'm keen as and cant wait for it all to start.

I'm a massive Liverpool supporter and am used to Australia not being in it and have therefore followed England for yeeeeaaaars but now I'm even more excited cos we're in it finally!

Have told the boss that if there's days off to be had to watch a game then he can jolly well expect me to be taking them :)
Gasking: just cant hack getting beaten by you Pete, specialy by such a large amount

Shaun

Post by Shaun »

im not normally much of a fan but this yr im really into it, cant wait for it to start :D
Hello :aussie:
Montey

Post by Montey »

GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If we beat Greece, then we're in with a real shot at the 2nd round during the Cup.
- When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy.
- If youre paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many pancakes fit in a doghouse? None! Icecream doesn't have bones!!!
Sterling

Post by Sterling »

Woohoooo...kick off not far away now and it would appear to great relief the matches will be broadcast in widescreen on digital :nod:
BigPete33

Post by BigPete33 »

shit yeah!

I'm so excited :)

been running around like a little kid at christmas :)
Gasking: just cant hack getting beaten by you Pete, specialy by such a large amount

Bacchulum

Post by Bacchulum »

Sterling wrote:Woohoooo...kick off not far away now and it would appear to great relief the matches will be broadcast in widescreen on digital :nod:
Now my set-top box has died they start broadcasting in widescreen. :( :( :(
Nigel
Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

Post by Nigel »

Did anyone else watch the opening ceromony ? Man that was some funny shit. The Morris dancer had me laughing, but not as much as the rogering of the cow bells.

Its been a good start for me with England getting on board with a win (don't worry, I will be following Australia as well)

Ah, good ol' SBS, I am glad they have the rights to the world cup for the next few events / years. Its a pitty that Australias inclusion has meant the major networks are starting to muscle in. There have been some good and some bad ads so far tying in the world cup theme. The Socceroos Nike ad is a classic (old dude getting nailed with the ball) The Hardly Normal ad on the other hand is really really poor.

Will be watching most of the games I think, just to soke up the atmosphere.
Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography
"There is nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney, Sr.
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

fourthof5 wrote:Did anyone else watch the opening ceromony ? Man that was some funny shit. The Morris dancer had me laughing, but not as much as the rogering of the cow bells.
loved Les Murrays generousity in showing us germany's page 3 girls norks right before the ceremonies, when it happened i thought i was trippin, but any given sunday only confirmed it for me this morning.. gold
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

Been good soo far, enjoying sbs's coverage and its good watching all the games.

Looking foward to the game on monday night, pity its not the public holiday tuesday.

My housemate won tickets on nova, so we are at some pub in the city, so im trying to figure out a way to get there @ 7, and watch the game and still manage to survive a 6:30am start :(
Nigel
Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

Post by Nigel »

Hz-Lab wrote:
fourthof5 wrote:Did anyone else watch the opening ceromony ? Man that was some funny shit. The Morris dancer had me laughing, but not as much as the rogering of the cow bells.
loved Les Murrays generousity in showing us germany's page 3 girls norks right before the ceremonies, when it happened i thought i was trippin, but any given sunday only confirmed it for me this morning.. gold
Its SBS dude, They are more progressive with there depiction of sexuality than the major networks (much like the rest of Europe). We are very lucky to have SBS, it is (in my opinion) the best channel on OZ TV.
Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography
Nigel
Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

Post by Nigel »

:yes:
Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography
BigPete33

Post by BigPete33 »

YOU LITTLE FUCKING CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO YOU GOOD THINGS!!!

:kangaroo: :kangaroo: :kangaroo: :rara: :kangaroo: :kangaroo: :kangaroo:

BigPete33

Post by BigPete33 »

Group F

Team MP W D L GF GA Pts

Australia 1 1 0 0 3 1 3
Croatia 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Brazil 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Japan 1 0 0 1 1 3 0

That's one for the scrapbook guys :D

StanDaam

Post by StanDaam »

:iagree: What a most excellent game :yikes:
Nigel
Stupid Retard
Stupid Retard

Post by Nigel »

Now comes the chestbeating and general bullshit form the mainstream media to take away from the excellent result of Australia doing well.
Flickr Gallery
Fourth Photography
Sterling

Post by Sterling »

Yep, good win, I'd almost given up, then the miracle happened :yes:

Great coverage and picture quality by SBS on digital as well, I was mighty impressed, a good showing by the Aussies is going to do wonders for Soccer in Australia.

Sadly with that success we are probably going to see the commercial and Pay TV companies try and muscle in on a good thing and we may never have this quality of coverage again after this years cup
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

Intense! :eyepop:

Great result for the fella's.

I loved the commentary, he was almost as pissed as I was with the Japanese goal :D
BigPete33

Post by BigPete33 »

Vilante 11 wrote:Intense! :eyepop:

Great result for the fella's.

I loved the commentary, he was almost as pissed as I was with the Japanese goal :D
haha I reckon :) Did you see Aussie Guus tell those Jap guys where to go? :D He loves it! :yes:

A big thank you must go out to triple j and also my boss....triple j for suggesting we take the day off for 'Timmy Cahill Day' and my boss for actually letting me :yes: :kangaroo: :yes: :aussie: :yes:

Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

GOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy snappin dog crap batman.

Spent most of the game going WTF ref, that wasnt a goal then my mind went drifting to some miracle 4-0 win over Brazil later in the week.

Next thing you know, WOOOHOOOOO we win..

Awesome to watch, agree with sterls, great coverage.

Is it normal for there to be only one commentator for soccer? I didnt even notice till half way through and then I was like, "But where are the special comments, (shouts to the heavens) WHERE ARE THE SPECIAL COMMENTS!"...........................

Go aus :kangaroo:
pixelboy

Post by pixelboy »

:fall:
eek
BigPete33

Post by BigPete33 »

Righteous wrote: Is it normal for there to be only one commentator for soccer? I didnt even notice till half way through and then I was like, "But where are the special comments, (shouts to the heavens) WHERE ARE THE SPECIAL COMMENTS!"...........................
LOL @ :fall:

No, it's not normal at all for domestic competitions but seems to be for internationals. I'm sure if we got some sort of petition going they'd quickly fly in Denis Commetti :D

And we all know that would be absolutely brilliant :yes: