Bathurst and Rfactor Vid

ISI's new sim rFactor
Hazelb
Master artist
Master artist

Bathurst and Rfactor Vid

Post by Hazelb »

Guys

For those interested...a 3 min vid of the ORSM mod and the new Mt as per the attached link!

http://www.rfactorcentral.com/series_de ... D=V8Factor

Bloody sweet!
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

that looks really good, the best Bathurst i think i have seen in a game. :yes: I could have done without John Farnham though, i thought he had retired :D
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

wow that does look awesome, i have been trying to get rfactor for a while, no bloody shops have it, might have to go the online buy..lol
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

because its never been released to shops might be the prob hz :) :lol:
Hello :aussie:
Vilante
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Vilante »

That looks sweet, might have to buy rFactor, don't have the time for it but I might have to anyway - lol
gav0

Post by gav0 »

wow looks great :D
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

Shaun wrote:because its never been released to shops might be the prob hz :) :lol:
that would explain a lot..lol
Sterling

Post by Sterling »

Looks like the mod and tracks are progressing pretty well, but I must say since the last LFS update I find the driving sensation and general look/movement of the cars in rF all very 'fake' and not quite right, when you look at an LFS replay the cars/tyres/suspension look like they are reacting to the road surface where as in rF they just glide across the top.

The rF FFB has also taken a beating by the latest LFS update, the new grip levels and general feel through my wheel is even better than it was, sadly rF just doesn't compare..............I've spent hours tweaking the rF FFB and controller settings but it just can't match LFS......I always found that once you got a good sensation sorted in one area it would overide another.

Don't get me wrong I like rF, I don't regret buying it, there is a good variety of quality mods/tracks and those alone make it a worthy addition to my sim racing collection but I just think LFS has taken a huge leap ahead of rF in the driving/phyiscs department with the latest update.

Definately excited about the V8s however....... :tilt:
Cutter
Legend in his own lunchtime

Post by Cutter »

^^^ agree^^^

Hard work to make it feel near right.
Although if the V8 mod lives up to expectations, it might be enough to overcome
Rfactors shortcomings.
Cutter ~ Carl Rickard

Scottie

Post by Scottie »

+2 ^^^^^

to both Sterling and cutters quotes!
Hamal

Post by Hamal »

Cutter wrote:^^^ agree^^^

Rfactors shortcomings.
Cutter, really, why isnt LFS opening itself up for modders? Surely there must be some internal debate you are aware of listing the reasons for their apprehension?
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

at a guess i'd say it will after S3, it will ensure it's longevity if it does, people were getting a bit bored with S1 by the time S2 turned up. It's the sole reason GPL is still going strong, it seems there a couple of new tracks every week for that. I'd love to see some real tracks for LFS.
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

Hamal wrote:
Cutter wrote:^^^ agree^^^

Rfactors shortcomings.
Cutter, really, why isnt LFS opening itself up for modders? Surely there must be some internal debate you are aware of listing the reasons for their apprehension?

probably cause the dev's don't want to see half arsed, shit quality mods coming out every week.
w00dsy

Post by w00dsy »

or they don't want high quality mods showing up their shit work. :rolleyes: there is some amazing modding going on, not much of it is crap.
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

w00dsy wrote:or they don't want high quality mods showing up their shit work. :rolleyes: there is some amazing modding going on, not much of it is crap.
come now woodsy, you'd have to admit there is ALOT of crap floating around for rFactor. you have to dig thru masses of shit conversions etc etc to find any real quality work, and those are rare.

but least we'll finally have a decent version of the aussie v8's not some euro trash wannabe from codies.
Hazelb
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Hazelb »

Digging?

Download, try, dont like, delete...

No spades in sight...
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

I think the problem with mods is that there will always be too many of them. And with a heap of different cars, tracks and combos, its hard to get everyone in the same place at the same time with the same mod. How many different cars and tracks do you need anyway? Every race is unique and thats what makes a racing sim. That is why LFS rules rFactor. LFS has got a lot more goodies to come yet anyway and with that in mind I sure as hell cant see myself getting bored enough to switch to rMod for a few year yet :)

Anyway the vid was nice but I'll hang on to my money.
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

Enforcer-J wrote:I think the problem with mods is that there will always be too many of them. And with a heap of different cars, tracks and combos, its hard to get everyone in the same place at the same time with the same mod. How many different cars and tracks do you need anyway? Every race is unique and thats what makes a racing sim. That is why LFS rules rFactor. LFS has got a lot more goodies to come yet anyway and with that in mind I sure as hell cant see myself getting bored enough to switch to rMod for a few year yet :)

Anyway the vid was nice but I'll hang on to my money.
if LFS open it up to modding, then allow for a auto download option for tracks and what not, How kick ass would that be...

The one main thing that appeals to me about LFS is not having to chace down peoples skins, if they can implement the same system with modding, it would rock..
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

That is why LFS rules rFactor
:rofl:
--------------
Stu
Cutter

Post by Cutter »

It will come, but not soon.
Reasons abound, first LFS uses its own modelling system, so its not yet sophisticated enough to release as a stand alone module.

Also there are other more pressing issues.
Me personally, I'd rather real time weather, changing surface grip,
better sounds, track debris buildup, larger grids, dynamic lighting
more car tuning variables, MOTEC style feedback / analysis, aero damage, better replay system,
fuel blends, and many other things.
Note: none of these are indicators of whats going on, just me current thinking.
The plan could be to develop and refine a stable, consistant, realistic and adaptable racing platform,
get that right and release oppotunistic modding capabilities once thats established.
This isnt meant to be a competitve LFS Vs Rfactor post, they both have their places.
But an "all things to all men" approach as appears adopted by Rfactor provides immediate moddability over a longer term considered approach.

As rfactor evolves, we get different tracks [good and bad], different body shapes [good and bad], slight physics tweaking [good and bad], but its still rfactor.

I've many reasons to race rfactor, entry into weekly races with a great orginisation and racers I respect, real feedback and a great race system.
But I dont, reason, its still rfactor.
Cutter ~ Carl Rickard

Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

Bauer wrote:
That is why LFS rules rFactor
:rofl:
:lol: this is just my opinion ofcourse. No offence to the "others".
Acerlyte

Post by Acerlyte »

The vid looks very nice, Bathurst is coming up a treat but then I expect nothing less from the boys at ORSM. It will be a real boost for rFactor once this mod is released and I am sure many people in the community (not just Aussies either ^_^) will be all over it once it's released.

As for comparing LFS to rFactor or vice versa? Both do the same thing differently with varying features. If rFactor has more features that appeal to you, then go for it. For me LFS has features that appeal to me more so I am concentrating on that. That's the beauty of having some many different sims to choose from at the moment ay? :)

Bring on GOOD wet weather in either sim though! Will be interesting to see if GTR 2 can pull it off properly :D
pixelboy

Post by pixelboy »

That does look nice.

It would be awesome to be heading up mountain straight at night one day in a XRR :nod:
eek
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

i reckon we can all agree on one thing. Both LFS and rFactor shit over that so-called sim netKar Pro
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

r8response wrote:i reckon we can all agree on one thing. Both LFS and rFactor shit over that so-called sim netKar Pro
So-called? I think it's the most 'sim' of any of them apart from not having real tracks. It's the worst 'game' at the moment but because of how incomplete it feels and how difficult it is to use.

I still get my kicks from racing real cars round real tracks (well simulated, but you know what I mean). I like taking the BMW.Sauber out occasionally in LFS but wish there were some real tracks. Beyond that the 'feel' of a sim is very much personal preference. I'm not the hugest fan of rF either but am very much looking forward to this mod. ORSM did a great job in F1C (although still limited a bunch by the engine they were using), so I wouldn't expect anything less from this one.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"