Bathurst and Rfactor Vid

ISI's new sim rFactor
Bacchulum

Post by Bacchulum »

Exar Kun wrote:
r8response wrote:i reckon we can all agree on one thing. Both LFS and rFactor shit over that so-called sim netKar Pro
So-called? I think it's the most 'sim' of any of them apart from not having real tracks. It's the worst 'game' at the moment but because of how incomplete it feels and how difficult it is to use.
Zandvoort and Monaco are currently being converted from Namie and will be ready for release soon after the nKdK is released. :D :nod: :D
nKPro is the single best sim I've ever driven but as EK says, it needs improving in some areas (mainly MP), but the physics is flawless and the 'hardcore mode' is awesomely immersive. :D :D :D
rFactor has the MP working nicely but has skimped on physics as the trade-off, so once nKPro's MP is patched up I don't think I'll be using any other sim. :D :D

For the initial release, I think nKPro is very comparable to LFS S1, if not S2. :nod: :nod:
Scottie

Post by Scottie »

flawless physics??? what happened to the 'able to drive while upside-down' thing? is that fixed or is that still there?
Sterling

Post by Sterling »

Bacchulum wrote:but the physics is flawless
:lmao:
Bacchulum wrote:For the initial release, I think nKPro is very comparable to LFS S1, if not S2.
If that was the case why wasn't it priced appropriately?............As it stands now Nkpro cost about the same for an S1 and S2 licence combined.

NKpro promised so much, demanded a premium price but ultimately delivered so little.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

I found nK's feel to be awesome. The physics are indeed flawed in areas though. Still, it felt pretty natural straight away to me. Something that LFS has never done. I think LFS has such a different feel from other sims that people that mainly play LFS find it hard to get used to anything else and visa-versa. Regardless of how good the physics are it just seems to be that way. Not faulting any particular game in that department - just pointing out how they are different.

And, to get back to the original topic, a lot of the feel present in rFactor depends on how the physics for a particular mod are setup. Simbin seems to be able to extract more feel from the same engine and back with F1C the ORSM boys were able to actually have some feel from the F1C engine which was amazing so I have some confidence in this mod. But for those who have played LFS almost exclusively then maybe it will just be too different to get a sense of what's going on?
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
Bacchulum

Post by Bacchulum »

Sterling wrote:NKpro promised so much, demanded a premium price but ultimately delivered so little.
I always put $120 as a premium price, as per all other new games bought over the counter, so nKPro is well below that, it promised nothing more than Namie improved, which it is so it has delivered everything "the dev's" promised.

I think EK has hit the nail on the head, LFS people hate all other sims (just look around RSC to see all the hate :yikes: )
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

Bacchulum wrote: LFS people hate all other sims (just look around RSC to see all the hate :yikes: )

thats the biggest BS statement i've seen on this forum yet. :nod:

we could say the same for all the rFactor and nKPro fanboi's, they hate LFS, but who reall gives a toss. if you enjoy the game, then thats good play it. if you bought the game and find out that its not to your taste, then tough shit your outta pocket.

im willing to give nKPro a shot, just as soon as they fix the crap sounds, the half baked multiplayer and put some tin tops in the game. until then, yes ill continue to play LFS and enjoy it alot!
Cutter
Legend in his own lunchtime
Legend in his own lunchtime

Post by Cutter »

I dont hate all other sims at all, in fact rather than this become a
"who hates what the most about other sims" thread,
I'll say upfront best overall quality sim for mine is NASCAR 2003.
Great mods, great add on tracks [mostly], great netcode, top sounds,
fantastic AI, adjustable difficulties, and all the eycandy you could want.
I'm only sorry I discovered it towards the end of its popularity.

Its a pity First screwed us all.
Right now in all likelyhood we'd have the V8 mod allready.
Last edited by Cutter on Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cutter ~ Carl Rickard

Sterling

Post by Sterling »

Bacchulum wrote:I think EK has hit the nail on the head, LFS people hate all other sims (just look around RSC to see all the hate :yikes: )
:lmao: Oh please.....
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Sterling wrote:
Bacchulum wrote:I think EK has hit the nail on the head, LFS people hate all other sims (just look around RSC to see all the hate :yikes: )
:lmao: Oh please.....
:eyepop: I don't remember saying that! I believe I said LFS people find it hard to get used to other sims and visa versa too.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Cutter wrote:I dont hate all other sims at all, in fact rather than this become a
"who hates what the most about other sims" thread,
I'll say upfront best overall quality sim for mine is NASCAR 2003.
Great mods, great add on tracks [mostly], great netcode, top sounds,
fantastic AI, adjustable difficulties, and all the eycandy you could want.
I'm only sorry I discovered it towards the end of its popularity.

Its a pity First screwed us all.
Right now in all likelyhood we'd have the V8 mod allready.
Yeah Cutter, the V8 mod for NR2k3 was the one I was waiting for for a long time. Seemed to be a perfect platform for those cars in my opinion.
Hazelb
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Hazelb »

r8response wrote:
Bacchulum wrote: LFS people hate all other sims (just look around RSC to see all the hate :yikes: )

thats the biggest BS statement i've seen on this forum yet. :nod:

we could say the same for all the rFactor and nKPro fanboi's, they hate LFS, but who reall gives a toss. if you enjoy the game, then thats good play it. if you bought the game and find out that its not to your taste, then tough shit your outta pocket.

im willing to give nKPro a shot, just as soon as they fix the crap sounds, the half baked multiplayer and put some tin tops in the game. until then, yes ill continue to play LFS and enjoy it alot!
I still find it amusing that I put a general post in here to draw attention to a nice Vid of what will be a great mod and track release and its turned into a LFS vs everything else thread...Based on that, I am not to sure the above statement by Bacchulum is not correct.

Mick is right again, LFS is completely different to RF, Nascar, NKpro(I have only driven the demo). I played LFS 2 for a while, ran is some great league racers with AAL and Austeam and really enjoyed it. If RF hadnt come out, I most likely still be enjoying it. It just felt a little arcadey to me...thats not a criticism, just my opinion.

For me RF is where its at but I certainly wont bag any other sim because I choose RF...which appears to be happening here!
Gav-Aus

Post by Gav-Aus »

Haz, that was the whole reason I didn't post notification in these forums "lol"

Sorry guys, after someone’s response last time I posted about the rF V8Factor mod, I left the ARSE forum alone.
GAVIN CHATT
Austeam Racing
Acerlyte

Post by Acerlyte »

That's a shame Gav, I know that there would be many ARSE's who would be very interested in any updates for the mod you might be willing to post. This IS after all an rFactor section in the ARSE forums ;).
Hazelb
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Hazelb »

Hmmm

The old once bitten I guess...
matticooper

Post by matticooper »

But as usual Haze.. it's minority that let down the majority.
Hazelb
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Hazelb »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Wot ee said