Computer and electronic gizmo support.
wild
Master artist
Master artist

Post by wild »

nutty wrote:I had my mine all but made up on the
Viewsonic VX2025WM 20 $549.00AUD
http://www.viewsonic.com/products/deskt ... /vx2025wm/

From reviews this was seen as a fantastic monitor, I even showed a friend about it, and he went and got one.. and it blew me away.

Until I noticed this

CMV 221D 22 inch Wide LCD $539.00
http://www.cmo.com.tw/cmo/english/produ ... sp?size=22
(both prices from http://www.umart.com.au)
There's a good reason to go with the Viewsonic over the CMV.

The CMV uses a cheap TN-type panel, they have fast response times it can only display 6-bit colour, and needs to use dithering to display 16.7 million colours. It's especially noticable on gradients, gray in particular, where you'll be able to see a "banding" across the screen.

The Viewsonic is a P-MVA, which displays 8-bit colour natively. It also has slightly better contrast ratios and viewing angles than the CMV.

So if you want a better quality image, go the Viewsonic. If you really want the extra 2" of screen area, go the CMV. :) Both are the same resolution, and similar specs. But I've heard the Viewsonic is particularly good at movies and games thanks to the P-MVA panel.
YnoT

Post by YnoT »

i'm deciding to replace my CRT 17" monitor that I had for around 6 years and going for a 19" widescreen LCD

but I don't know which model should I choose either

BENQ FP92W 5ms $325
ASUS VW192T 5ms $308
or PROVIEW FV926 5ms $280

does anyone have any of these and give me an idea on which one is better?
kwijibo
Squatting Squirter

Post by kwijibo »

wabbit wrote:Ive got a Dell 24" (2407WFP). Fantastic screen... i read some reviews about the limited brightness, i had to turn the bloody thing down from the default :)

Its a sharp screen, i cant find any ghosting or that other stuff everyone worries about when buying an LCD. I use it as a smaller telly most of the time, and the usb & memory cards slots & 5years next business day warranty are a bonus aswell.
lol, mine is on 10%

Great monitor :yes:
wild
Master artist
Master artist

Post by wild »

YnoT wrote:i'm deciding to replace my CRT 17" monitor that I had for around 6 years and going for a 19" widescreen LCD

BENQ FP92W 5ms $325
ASUS VW192T 5ms $308

CMV 938A :)

$314 from SecretNet

We just got one of these at the office, nice specs, and I really cannot fault it for the price.
dvestate
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by dvestate »

kwijibo wrote:
wabbit wrote:Ive got a Dell 24" (2407WFP). Fantastic screen... i read some reviews about the limited brightness, i had to turn the bloody thing down from the default :)

Its a sharp screen, i cant find any ghosting or that other stuff everyone worries about when buying an LCD. I use it as a smaller telly most of the time, and the usb & memory cards slots & 5years next business day warranty are a bonus aswell.
lol, mine is on 10%

Great monitor :yes:
Loving my purchase, was worried about the amount of cash I had to part with but it was a welcome reward for all my travelling for work :D
YnoT

Post by YnoT »

wild wrote:
YnoT wrote:i'm deciding to replace my CRT 17" monitor that I had for around 6 years and going for a 19" widescreen LCD

BENQ FP92W 5ms $325
ASUS VW192T 5ms $308

CMV 938A :)

$314 from SecretNet

We just got one of these at the office, nice specs, and I really cannot fault it for the price.
thanks mate, just saw that monitor from MSY and they are selling for $289 :D