rFactor 1150 update is out!!!

ISI's new sim rFactor
limbo

Post by limbo »

Enforcer-J wrote:Thanks Limbo, Yeah I have my sensitivity settings set the same as you and have the negative ffb set to 100. All though I still get the loose floaty deadzone in the middle in both positive ang negative settings, I'll give the G25 settings a go too.
i had loose floaty deadzone in the middle in the AusH6V8 2005 mod. couldnt get rid of it... tried everything.
whatever i changed would fix it for a few laps then it would come back.... almost as if the wheel was rolling over the blunt lobe of a cam... wouldnt go away.... then one day i went for a drive with minimal fuel to set a hot lap and it was there from the get go... ahh the penny dropped. a quick trip to the pits and changed my set up and the looseness at centre wasnt as bad.
bit more fiddling and some changes inthe aero. viola! problem went away, and hasnt been back since. i didnt get the problem in the megans as their front aero is not adjustable... but it was the problem in the v8.

just a thought. pobably not the problem with yours, but may be worth a look.
Those Glands of Bartholin I bless, the sweet wild honey they express,
the exquisite faint scent they bring, of mountain flowers in early spring.
Sterling

Post by Sterling »

Ok lads I'm making progress.....give these FFB settings ago..........
[ Force Feedback ]
FFB Device Type="1" // Type of FFB controller: 0=none 1=wheel, 2=stick/custom, 3=rumble pad.
FFB Effects Level="3" // Number of FFB effects to use: 0=No Effects, 1=Low, 2=Medium, 3=High, 4=Full, 5=Custom.
FFB Gain="0.80690" // Strength of Force Feedback effects. Range 0.0 to 1.0.
FFB Ignore Controllers="0" // Do not use FFB on: 1=controller1, 2=controller2, 4=controller3 (or add values to ignore multiple controllers)
FFB Throttle FX on steer axis="1" // 0 = Throttle effects on throttle axis, 1 = throttle effects on steering axis.
FFB Brake FX on steer axis="1" // 0 = Brake effects on brake axis, 1 = brake effects on steering axis.
FFB steer vibe freq mult="0.20000" // Controls frequency of steering vibration. Recommended: 0.5 to 1.0, 0.0 disables steering vibration.
FFB steer vibe zero magnitude="0.03500" // Magnitude of steering vibration at 0mph (reference point).
FFB steer vibe slope="0.00000" // Slope of line defining magnitude as a function of frequency (used with FFB steer vibe zero magnitude).
FFB steer vibe wave type="0" // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.
FFB steer force prediction="0.00100" // Time into the future that force is predicted, to help counteract wheel latency (0.0 to disable)
FFB steer force max change="100.00000" // Maximum change per second based on current difference between calculated and applied force, to help avoid jerky

behavior (values under 15 or so should reduce jerkiness, 100 disables)
FFB steer force neutral range="0.00000" // Max distance from center "neutral force" location where forces are reduced to help avoid oscillation (0.0 to

disable)
FFB steer force exponent="0.80000" // Steering force output "sensitivity". Range 0.0 to infinity. 0.0 to 1.0 = higher sensitivity, greater than 1.0 = lower

sensitivity.
FFB steer force input max="-11500.00000" // Recommended: 11500 (-11500 if controller pulls in the wrong direction).
FFB steer force output max="1.80000" // Maximum force output of steering force, recommendation 0.8 to 2.0
FFB steer force grip function="0.95000" // Range 0.0 to 1.0 (previous hardcoded value was 1.0) - lower values will make steering force decrease LATER as

front tire grip is lost - try 0.3
FFB steer force grip weight="0.90000" // Range 0.0 to 1.0, recommended: 0.4 to 0.9. How much weight is given to tire grip when calculating steering force.
FFB steer force grip factor="0.90000" // Range 0.0 to 1.0, recommended: 0.2 to 0.6 (previously hardcoded to 0.4). How much of a factor the front wheel grip

is on the steering weight.
FFB steer front grip fract="0.90000" // Range 0.0 to 1.0 (previous hardcoded value was 0.0), additional effect of front grip loss on steering force
FFB steer update threshold="0.00000" // Amount of change required to update steer force/vibe (0.0 - 1.0). Lower values = steering force updated more

frequently = lower frame rate.
FFB steer friction coefficient="0.17500" // Coefficient to use for steering friction. Range: -1.0 to 1.0
FFB steer friction saturation="1.00000" // Saturation value to use for steering friction. Range: 0 - 1.0
FFB steer damper coefficient="0.17500" // Coefficient to use for steering damper. Range: -1.0 to 1.0
FFB steer damper saturation="1.00000" // Saturation value to use for steering damper. Range: 0 - 1.0
FFB throttle vibe freq mult="0.17000" // Scales actual engine frequency to force FFB vibration frequency. Suggested range: 0.10 to 0.50
FFB throttle vibe zero magnitude="0.09000" // Magnitude of engine vibration at 0rpm (reference point).
FFB throttle vibe slope="0.00000" // Slope of line defining magnitude as a function of frequency (used with FFB throttle vibe zero magnitude).
FFB throttle vibe wave type="0" // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.
FFB throttle vibe update thresh="0.08000" // Amount of change required to update throttle vibe (0.0 - 1.0)
FFB brake vibe freq mult="0.90000" // Scales actual brake rotational frequency to force feedback vibration frequency.
FFB brake vibe zero magnitude="0.10000" // Magnitude of brake vibration at 0mph (reference point).
FFB brake vibe slope="0.00000" // Slope of line defining magnitude as a function of frequency (used with FFB brake vibe zero magnitude).
FFB brake vibe wave type="0" // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.
FFB brake vibe update thresh="0.05000" // Amount of change required to update brake vibe (0.0 to 1.0)
FFB rumble strip magnitude="0.35000" // How strong the rumble strip rumble is. Range 0.0 to 1.0, 0.0 disables effect.
FFB rumble strip freq mult="0.60000" // Rumble stip frequency multiplier 1.0 = one rumble per wheel rev.
FFB rumble strip wave type="0" // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.
FFB rumble strip pull factor="-1.50000" // How strongly wheel pulls right/left when running over a rumble strip. Suggested range: -1.5 to 1.5.
FFB rumble strip update thresh="0.07500" // Amount of change required to update rumble strip effect (0.0 - 1.0)
FFB jolt magnitude="1.00000" // How strong jolts from other cars (or walls) are. Suggested Range: -2.0 to 2.0.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

what wheel you got, sterling?
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
Sterling

Post by Sterling »

Black Momo
Woodee
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Woodee »

Sterling wrote:
Cutter wrote:As for wheel settings.
I agree they do suck, but here is a weird thing I did last night.
Selected the settings for the new Logitech wheel [G25????]
And loaded them and they feel a lot better than others I've been working on.
When I checked the force had been set to -100, and while not perfect, worked suprisinly well.
At least it didnt have that loose floaty deadzone in the middle.
Yep just tried they same G25 settings and your right they are fifty billion times better than what I have ever had, as you say still not perfect but much better......I shall begin tweaking :tilt:
See... didn't I tell ya? :D
My Fundraising Journey

Raised over £1000 for the Scoliosis Campaign Fund from 2011-2013.
Cutter
Legend in his own lunchtime
Legend in his own lunchtime

Post by Cutter »

Woodee wrote:
Sterling wrote:
Cutter wrote:As for wheel settings.
I agree they do suck, but here is a weird thing I did last night.
Selected the settings for the new Logitech wheel [G25????]
And loaded them and they feel a lot better than others I've been working on.
When I checked the force had been set to -100, and while not perfect, worked suprisinly well.
At least it didnt have that loose floaty deadzone in the middle.
Yep just tried they same G25 settings and your right they are fifty billion times better than what I have ever had, as you say still not perfect but much better......I shall begin tweaking :tilt:
That being said. It shouldn't be this hard.
you shouldn't have to go around frigging within a multitude of settings in an .ini file.
Approachable = appreciation

dont get me wrong, this patch is way better in many ways [particularly the graphics]
but ease of setting and understanding the controls should be uppermost as that is
how we "feel / repsond" to the sim.
Cutter ~ Carl Rickard

Woodee
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Woodee »

Cutter wrote:
Woodee wrote:
Sterling wrote: Yep just tried they same G25 settings and your right they are fifty billion times better than what I have ever had, as you say still not perfect but much better......I shall begin tweaking :tilt:
That being said. It shouldn't be this hard.
you shouldn't have to go around frigging within a multitude of settings in an .ini file.
Approachable = appreciation

dont get me wrong, this patch is way better in many ways [particularly the graphics]
but ease of setting and understanding the controls should be uppermost as that is
how we "feel / repsond" to the sim.
Sign of the times dear fellow.... if you wanna play with PC games, you have to be willing to fiddle :)

With the multitude of hardware configurations possible, everything has to be put under one umbrella with customisations galore to make things feel right :)
My Fundraising Journey

Raised over £1000 for the Scoliosis Campaign Fund from 2011-2013.
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Woodee wrote:Sign of the times dear fellow.... if you wanna play with PC games, you have to be willing to fiddle :)
I had games in '94 I had to fiddle with to be able to play...I don't think it has anything to do with times, there always were and there'll always be software manufacturers who leave half the job for the customer. :lol:
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
Sterling

Post by Sterling »

I am most pleased with those settings, I can actually feel the oversteer/understeer and brake locking now, I now know what the car is doing................I can punt the cars around harder than ever before and catch slides and recover.....its a totaly new game to me now :yes:

Great job on the new patch..........I seem to also have got a decent performance gain in terms of frame rate as well even with the gfx settings on max :yes:

:D

Oh and I believe the new version download comes with a trial allowing 2 cars and 2 track so if you want to try rF get downloading. Just remember you will need to tweak stuff :nod:
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

Sterling wrote:I am most pleased with those settings, I can actually feel the oversteer/understeer and brake locking now, I now know what the car is doing................I can punt the cars around harder than ever before and catch slides and recover.....its a totaly new game to me now :yes:

Great job on the new patch..........I seem to also have got a decent performance gain in terms of frame rate as well even with the gfx settings on max :yes:
:iagree: Good to get all that out of the way... now I can concentrate on having some fun in the F179 mod!!! :D
thornz

Post by thornz »

can i just copy and paste those? is that the whole text document?
cheers :)
Bauer

Post by Bauer »

thornz wrote:can i just copy and paste those? is that the whole text document?
cheers :)
no its not the whole lot, but you can cut and paste the section into your own.
--------------
Stu