ISI's new sim rFactor
Gizmo
forum fairy - in a gay way!

rFactor issues....

Post by Gizmo »

Also posted on rsc....

CTD's when joining large servers

When i try to join a server with 14 or more clients it takes awhile to load my vechial then i get a ctd. But if i join a server with less than 14 clients and they connect it's fine.

I've updated to all the latest drivers etc but made no difference. Dose anyone eles have this issue. I don't get ctd's in menus like most other people.

Shuddering after a race

I havn't played rF much untill the release of CTDP but after every race, or if i quit and go back to pits while the race is running i get really bad shuddering. Once we go to another session or reload the track all if fine though. Is there a fix for this or is it my end?
Hazelb
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Hazelb »

Re point 1...

Have you set you connection setting to 64k? Not saying it will fix it, but its all you need and if its at say 2 mb...and its pulling 2mb from the server, it could be the reason. Ran on a server with 30 others last night...sweet as sugar all at 64k. That setting is in the connection part of the menu (the bottom one)

I guess the server setting could also be part of the reason..

Re point 2

No idea...the game does sync , maybe its that...

Hope that helps
Sterling

Post by Sterling »

Shuddering? As in poor FPS in the replay window?

Do you turn your virus scanner off when you play rF Giz? For some reason virus scanners have quite a big effect on rF's perfomance.
Gizmo

Post by Gizmo »

Re the shuddering. It's not only the replay window, it's everything. i have to hold each key down for about 1 second to type each letter of a word. I'll try it with my virus scanner off.
Coopz
King of the Wierd
King of the Wierd

Post by Coopz »

Not hijacking Gizes thread but how come I can only ping 3-4 server in the multiplayer menu, and they get pings like 25 when the servers are in Germany? The other 30+ servers just give a zero ping.
norbs wrote:
Stop bullying him. You have more birthdays each year than he gets roots!
GT VIRUS
Karen

Post by GT VIRUS »

Because of the gay way that rfactor shows pings, as an average of all the pings in the server which is completly useless information.
Gizmo

Post by Gizmo »

I changed my connection settings from Custom (512/512) to ISDN (64/64). Didn't notice a difference and hasn't fixed the ctd's. Tried with my virus scanner off and nothing changed.

I've tired just about everything. I'm going to format my OS and Games partitions on Saturday when i have the time to see if that fixes it.
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

What is your visible cars set to and have you tried reducing it? Same with opponent detail. Also, what are your system specs? I vaguely recall people posting about this problem as rsc when the sim first came out. I think it was related to available texture memory and that fiddling with AGP aperature size fixed it for some.
Sterling

Post by Sterling »

The only time I had that low frame rate problem when in the garage was back with the 1.08x beta patches, and that was at the oval with a stack of cars, and before I updated my older 9600xt video card.......cant say I've noticed it since.
Gizmo

Post by Gizmo »

DarrenM wrote:What is your visible cars set to and have you tried reducing it? Same with opponent detail. Also, what are your system specs? I vaguely recall people posting about this problem as rsc when the sim first came out. I think it was related to available texture memory and that fiddling with AGP aperature size fixed it for some.
I read on rsc alot of people with the same card as me were having the same issue. They found a solution. Change the agp aperature to 256mb. Before i changed mine it was on 64mb :eek: The issue is fixed now.

Thanx for your help guys :yes:
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

Where do you change that aperature giza? Me = nOOb
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

in the Bios settings when you first start ur computer
Gizmo