Boy, did this feel good!

Computer and electronic gizmo support.
TassieDevil_Original

Post by TassieDevil_Original »

Hey guys have you thought about going to Westnet...I moved from Bigpond to Westnet a couple of months ago....and haven't had an issue at all, the service is as good or better.....

Tassie
wild
Master artist
Master artist

Post by wild »

DarrenM wrote:Why not iinet? I've been with them for a couple years now without any issues.
They're too stingy to pay for the backup international link, so when someone cuts the Australia->US fibre cable, all their traffic goes through southeast Asia. Exetel have the same problem, Optus, Internode, Bigpond and Westnet didn't.

They decided it would be fun to bill my sister and her husband twice in one month.

Their customer support is downright rubbish. You spend 45 minutes in a queue whenever you call them, only to get someone on the other end who wouldn't have any idea, or just tries to push the blame to someone else.

Suffice to say, they're not iiNet customers anymore.
TassieDevil_Original wrote:Hey guys have you thought about going to Westnet...I moved from Bigpond to Westnet a couple of months ago....and haven't had an issue at all, the service is as good or better.....
Their prices aren't quite as good value as Internode.. $99.95 for 20gb on peak, 20gb off peak 1.5mbit with Westnet (if you use them for phone services too), or $109.95 if you don't use them for phone. Internode is 40gb (not limited by time of day) 1.5mbit for $89.95, with any phone provider.

I'll probably be going with Internode, yet to hear anything bad.
ReppohC

Post by ReppohC »

Westnet are pretty high on my list in terms of a quality connection. But then so is Internode. And so is iinet. At the end of the day if you can save $10 or get more quota I dont think you will complain whatever connection you get. Its pretty hard to fault any of them. I recommend you to stay away from my ISP though, Amnet for the loss! Not even sure if they provide over east yet anywho so I guess your safe ... for the moment :p

Sorry to highjack the thread but I dont want to start a new topic... I'm currently browsing this forum from uni as I cant get to arse through my home connection [it loads but only at 0.01kb/s literally]. Obviously my ISP is having some issues. Any one else having similar problems? Will be giving my isp a call later, just curious if anyone is is having similar problems though.
dewy

Post by dewy »

I had had it with iinets continual price upping, lieing, thefing etc, so I left them, and am saving money.
now on:
$10 a month with engin for voip
$20 a month with Telstra for PSTN Line Rental
$70 a month with g-node for ADSL with 20gb cap and free pipe and unlimited downloads between 10pm and 7am (If you decide to join g-node, anyone, please pm me and sign me up as your referrer, I'd love some points to get me closer to a free month of dsl)