DNS Error's

Computer and electronic gizmo support.
Enforcer-J

DNS Error's

Post by Enforcer-J »

Well, I've only just heard of such a thing but this seems to be the reason why I'm unable to connect to http://www.ozbee-racing.com for the last few days.
I've cleared history, files, cookies, disabled firewalls etc and have tried to connect via firefox also, but with no success. Any suggestions on what the problem might be?

EDIT: It seems after clearing my netfiles, when I connect to Arse it asks to log in but when I submit my login details I get directed to that (similar) "debug" page that was up when ARSE had that trouble a few weeks back. So I click back and now I am logged in. Seems as though it wont let me log in because I already am, but when I first load the site, it tells me otherwise :fall:
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Try looking at : 71.18.127.9 , if you see the page - and with domain name you don't - you have dns resolving problems indeed.
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

Neither work. So can it still be a DNS error? It's what the IE page properties are telling me. I have tried using Optus' DNS settings but that didn't help so maybe not... grrrr
Threeps

Post by Threeps »

Have you installed any internet related software lately? Maybe a net nanny
or other filtering software.

The next thing I would suggest is try using a different browser. Have you
got firefox installed? if so what happens when you use it. If not, try
downloading it from getfirefox.com and give it a go.
Blowtus

Post by Blowtus »

if you ever have trouble connecting to a site that others get fine, try a site like https://proxify.com/ or similar - web proxy you can browse through. won't solve the problem but will get you on the site.
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

I did install messenger live and I think it was before the problem occured. Some connection there?
I've tried firefox too with no success.

Thanks for the link blowtus :)
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

Well, as the IP address wasn't working either it's not a DNS issue, but something with the connection between you and the mentioned site. (and the prolem can be anywhere from your browser to their web server). If you can use other methods to connect to the site, then the problem is definitely on your side, so try firefox for example. Otherwise your IP may be blacklisted. In that case you have to pick up the issue with your ISP. (they may be able to help more anyway)

ps don't believe a word of browser generated error messages, they are usually bullshit. :)
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

What router are you running EJ? If it's a Billion router, I have seen on rare occasion that the dns cache in the router can go strange. A power down of the router for a minute or so and powering back on should fix it.
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

Thanks guys, problem solvered :) A simple re-installation of the modem and it seems to be fine, should have tried that earlier :doh: