David Tench

Chat about stuff you've seen
Takumi

David Tench

Post by Takumi »

Man.. how shit is this show. it's on ten at the moment, a 3d CG host (david tench) has his own talk show.

most unfunny show ten has come up with, even surpassing that one about that annoying woman who was getting married :yikes:
It's been nice, chaps.
Chaz
Stig

Post by Chaz »

I've been watching Idol (shhh :p), this came on for about 10 seconds and I flicked it off... :nod:
Takumi

Post by Takumi »

how do you think i found it ? :p :D :shake:
It's been nice, chaps.
fp

Post by fp »

I don't intend on ever watching it.

What I really don't understand by the "host" is a CGI animation... WTF? What's wrong having a real human as a host? Is it being used as some sort of novelty to try and gain viewership? I don't know why anyone would think that would work... :confused:
This will be my signature until Dexter Bean qualifies for a NASCAR race. Keep chasing that dream...
Takumi

Post by Takumi »

fp wrote:What I really don't understand by the "host" is a CGI animation... WTF? What's wrong having a real human as a host? Is it being used as some sort of novelty to try and gain viewership? I don't know why anyone would think that would work... :confused:
my thoughts exactly.. gimmick.
It's been nice, chaps.
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

I've seen a few minutes too - it's just damn bizarre. It just feels so unnatural (well duh...) and odd.

Oh - and not funny.
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

I'm with you guys, I watched it for about 10 mins tonight then turned it off, utter crap. :no:
Scuderia_Alan

Post by Scuderia_Alan »

Apparently this is the brainchild of Andrew Denton. He has the idea that people would open up more if they were interviewed by an animated host. :rolleyes:
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

Scuderia_Alan wrote:Apparently this is the brainchild of Andrew Denton. He has the idea that people would open up more if they were interviewed by an animated host. :rolleyes:
Plus it doesnt look like he has dumped ABC for 10 and "sold out" to the enough rope viewers :)

Thats how I see it imho
Montey

Post by Montey »

One thing to keep in mind is that David Tench is effectively a real person.

The CGI is generated in real-time by a "host" marked up with those reflective dots causing the animation to move in co-ordination with the interview process. The real edge for this show is that no-one (outside of Ten) knows who the "host" is, so he can effectively say a lot more without personal blow-back.
- When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy.
- If youre paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many pancakes fit in a doghouse? None! Icecream doesn't have bones!!!
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

Saw 5mins of it last week. hope it doesn't get shown out here. utter crap
Blitzer

Post by Blitzer »

Montey wrote:One thing to keep in mind is that David Tench is effectively a real person.

The CGI is generated in real-time by a "host" marked up with those reflective dots causing the animation to move in co-ordination with the interview process. The real edge for this show is that no-one (outside of Ten) knows who the "host" is, so he can effectively say a lot more without personal blow-back.
They released the guys name last week through the media. The name didn't ring a bell with me, something like Gould or Goblet, I can't quote remember. He's been around for many years apparently. I watched a little bit last night, I didn't find any of it amusing or funny, just silly :no:
[SCR] Blitzer
Southern Cross Racing
pogo

Post by pogo »

what a shame... I have a lot of respect for Denton. I wonder how much actual say he has in the content tho, as the idea (real-time cg host) perhaps could have worked, with decent scripts/wit.

Maybe it will pick-up, but it will be doing it without me :D
SE1Z

Post by SE1Z »

i watched it last week, i didnt 'get into it' - it just wasnt real enough for me.... felt weird.

more of a gimmick than anything else, not sure it will last.... doubt ill watch it again.
Steve
---
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

I dont know who does actually watch it. I know I dont, it seems strange the 10 are keeping it on the air. They are pretty ruthless with stuff that doesnt rate.
My bet is that there was some sort of contract signed stating that 10 must air a certain amount of episodes. If that's not the case, I have NFI why they would keep it on.

Asked a couple of year 11 media classes that teach how many were watching it, I think out of the 50 kids there were about 2.
c.j
Midget Wanker

Post by c.j »

Mrs Sin was telling me she read that alot of people were lining up to get on this show...

From o/s too....

I dont know who... or why... it is shit...
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198089849481]Image[/url]

;)
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Righteous wrote:I dont know who does actually watch it. I know I dont, it seems strange the 10 are keeping it on the air. They are pretty ruthless with stuff that doesnt rate.
My bet is that there was some sort of contract signed stating that 10 must air a certain amount of episodes. If that's not the case, I have NFI why they would keep it on.

Asked a couple of year 11 media classes that teach how many were watching it, I think out of the 50 kids there were about 2.
Hey, the wedge is still on so I don't know what the go is either...
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

the only good thing about Tench is it's on before Ronnie Johns, which is good.