Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48K

Computer and electronic gizmo support.
Montey

Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48K

Post by Montey »

This one may be a bit obscure....

If you have heard of the Sinclair Spectrum series of PC's, do you know where I can get a ZX Spectrum 48K and associated peripherals (microdrive, expansion bus, etc...)?

This was the first computer I started programming on way back in 1984 and have come over all nostalgic and want it back (mine was stolen during a burglary some 15 years ago).

I have searched eBay and have found a few other models, but I want this specific one as it holds good memories for me and also has a very different look and feel when compared to the Spectrum+ and beyond series.
- When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy.
- If youre paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many pancakes fit in a doghouse? None! Icecream doesn't have bones!!!
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

I'll ask my brother, I think we still have the one back at home sleeping at the bottom of something...with an interface1 and microdrive, plus a Z80 PIO card.
It was a great little thing indeed, my first computer as well :)

Edit: by the way:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0032171482
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
Scuderia_Alan

Post by Scuderia_Alan »

This might not help and you probably know about this but have you thought of downloading and trying a Spectrum emulator at least in the interim period before you get your hands on one?
Montey

Post by Montey »

Scuderia_Alan wrote:This might not help and you probably know about this but have you thought of downloading and trying a Spectrum emulator at least in the interim period before you get your hands on one?
I use the emulators all the time to play my favorite games (like JetSet Willy). But, no, I want the real physical thing.
- When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy.
- If youre paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many pancakes fit in a doghouse? None! Icecream doesn't have bones!!!
StanDaam

Post by StanDaam »

Ahhh the Speccy, complete with the dead flesh keyboard, my first puta too, great memories, loading for 3 mins off cassette only to have it stuff up at the end lol. Then those mini drives came along and saved the day, ahh the memories :)
Big Kev
Clean as a Whistle
Clean as a Whistle

Post by Big Kev »

StanDaam wrote:Ahhh the Speccy, complete with the dead flesh keyboard, my first puta too, great memories, loading for 3 mins off cassette only to have it stuff up at the end lol. Then those mini drives came along and saved the day, ahh the memories :)
3 minutes?
That was a short game. Most took nearly 20.

I've still got my speccy.

ARSE Biscuits! Driftu Kingu!
My Flickr Stream
StanDaam

Post by StanDaam »

Ahhh, an original, fully sic 48k of gaming goodness, much better than those mainstream Commodore 64 machines hehe :D Platform wars, remember when it was a fight between Amiga and Atari? (Atari rulez!!) Then it was Atari/Amiga versus IBM (IBM didnt have colour so we won that one for awhile). Ahh feel the nostalgia, remember when iceblocks were ...
Nice one Kev :yes: