V8FACTOR - RELEASED

ISI's new sim rFactor
Sterling

Post by Sterling »

DarrenM wrote:Grab Adelaide from rfactorcental.com, turn the shadows up to full and do some laps :love:
I wish somebody would do the GP version, I much prefer it to the shortened Clipsal 500 config. :drivingbanana:
Coopz
King of the Wierd
King of the Wierd

Post by Coopz »

DarrenM wrote:Grab Adelaide from rfactorcental.com, turn the shadows up to full and do some laps :love:
That track is very flawed, way to wide, to smooth, no proper elevations, the sweeper is 2x as wide as real life and required no skill.

Hope a good version comes out soon.

On another note had a great race just then finally found my line, did some consistant 2.14's and spent most of the race dicing for 3rd with 2 other guys. Always seem to find if you screw up the first part of the mountain it takes till the dipper to find your line again... such a precise flowing track. Got to lap 8 when I oversteered and slid into the gravel coming up to the Esses, game over..:( Love the realistic sand though.
norbs wrote:
Stop bullying him. You have more birthdays each year than he gets roots!
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

Adelaide doesnt work for me :( It used to, but I'm not sure if it's since new patch or not but now it drops back to the desktop with a BKA error, what ever that is. Like Coopz said it's not really a very good version at all but it would still be nice to drive until ORSM release a kickass version :D

Oh..... I'm interested in a v8factor comp to Gizmo.... and Righty hands of the no.1 car that's reserved for me! Meh, u called it first I'll take the other SBR seat.
Hz-Lab
Magoo
Magoo

Post by Hz-Lab »

any news on skin templates?
Hazelb
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Hazelb »

Guys

No set date for release, but the guys are saying a week from launch, at best...
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

I stole my roomates momo so I can actually race without farked pedals.

Anyway, im still finding this really hard, basically I either
A) struggle to get ANY turn in (especally up the top of the mountain)
B) as much as clip the curb or get the gas a tiny bit too early and im sideways and into the wall :(
Gizmo
forum fairy - in a gay way!

Post by Gizmo »

I'm sure shaun could pull a stright or two :yes:

Well, for AR anyways :D
Gizmo

Post by Gizmo »

nutty wrote:I stole my roomates momo so I can actually race without farked pedals.

B) as much as clip the curb or get the gas a tiny bit too early and im sideways and into the wall :(
As far as the turning goes it sounds like the speed sensitivity it at it's deafult of 60%. When in a server click the settings button up the top. Then click rates, make sure it's 0%

And for the gas. Alot of that is the mod, when you get throttle control you can do some awesome powerslides :D Try lowering the tyre pressure and/or rear bar and spring rate.
Sterling

Post by Sterling »

nutty wrote:I stole my roomates momo so I can actually race without farked pedals.

The default sets understeers off power, you need to brake a bit earlier then get gently back on the power as you about to enter the corner and it should turn in nicely.
SE1Z

Post by SE1Z »

For us poor suckers without the game yet, can anyone link me or post up some screenies? :)
Steve
---
Sterling

Post by Sterling »

limbo

Post by limbo »

i am shit in these cars... but i found that by driving them like the 'real deal' helps.... ie get right off the throttle into the turn
and coast to and past the apex already in the gear you need for exit, feed in throttle as you straighten out of the turn, once its all aimed straight hit the throttle with every bit of boot you have... and the replay then sounds remarkably like the v8's at the mountain.
remember it is a v8.. compression braking and lots of torque are your real friends.

curbs.. the inability of these cars to handle the curbs makes me think that the setup is wrong.... i lowered front and rear spring and bumb rates significantly and found that i could run over the curbs just like Murph or lowndes. (at adelaide)

just a thought on the diff... if i go round the turn with two wheels in the air (caused by curb hopping) would this not help to eliminate the problems associated with trying to make a fully locked diff turn a corner?? and therefore increase my corner speed on those turns where i have hopped the curb?
Those Glands of Bartholin I bless, the sweet wild honey they express,
the exquisite faint scent they bring, of mountain flowers in early spring.
Coopz
King of the Wierd
King of the Wierd

Post by Coopz »

1.44 lap of Bathurst.
Shows how arcadish V8Factor really is compared to this cutting edge sim.

:melt:
norbs wrote:
Acerlyte

Post by Acerlyte »

Coopz wrote:
1.44 lap of Bathurst.

Sure hope you mean V8 Supercars 2 compared to V8Factor :D

Man, I didn't realise the Bathurst track in V8S2 was like that, there is hardly any dipper to speak of!
r8response
Cry baby
Cry baby

Post by r8response »

Coopz wrote:
look ma, my V8 Supercar really does fly!

and 321km/h down conrod. yeah right!
matticooper

Post by matticooper »

Coopz wrote:
1.44 lap of Bathurst.

Mighta got your words minced up there Coopz... I've done a 1:47 with V8 Supercrap on PS2... not all that hard.... as the above movie shows. That's consoles for ya.

a 2:13 in V8Factor with the default setup... that was hard work.
Coopz
King of the Wierd
King of the Wierd

Post by Coopz »

:)
norbs wrote:
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

Enforcer-J wrote:Adelaide doesnt work for me :( It used to, but I'm not sure if it's since new patch or not but now it drops back to the desktop with a BKA error, what ever that is. Like Coopz said it's not really a very good version at all but it would still be nice to drive until ORSM release a kickass version :D

Oh..... I'm interested in a v8factor comp to Gizmo.... and Righty hands of the no.1 car that's reserved for me! Meh, u called it first I'll take the other SBR seat.
Have you got the 2.0 version? Also, try deleting the HAT file under UserData\HAT and see if that helps.
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

DarrenM wrote:
Enforcer-J wrote:Adelaide doesnt work for me :( It used to, but I'm not sure if it's since new patch or not but now it drops back to the desktop with a BKA error, what ever that is. Like Coopz said it's not really a very good version at all but it would still be nice to drive until ORSM release a kickass version :D

Have you got the 2.0 version? Also, try deleting the HAT file under UserData\HAT and see if that helps.
Yeah I have tried both versions and theres no sign of a hat file :shrug:

It drops back to windows when it starts to load the track with this error
nutty
Spam King
Spam King

Post by nutty »

Gizmo wrote:As far as the turning goes it sounds like the speed sensitivity it at it's deafult of 60%. When in a server click the settings button up the top. Then click rates, make sure it's 0%
This made a huge diffrence, I can take conrod all but flat out, when before I would have to be on the brakes to get any turn in, not to mention a huge improvement in speed through the top of the mountain, I woudl say I would be in the 13's or so when I get a lap perfect.

limbo is right, you just have to drive it diffrent, I still find im fighting with the car, but its fun all the way. I think im almost good enough to race online
Coopz
King of the Wierd
King of the Wierd

Post by Coopz »

Was having a great race an hour ago online with about 20 other guys. Then the horror on about lap 5 when some noob at the back of the field stacks it, full course yellow... I have never seen a server have that on before, 30 seconds later I found out why, I was leading and stopped behind the pacecar on the straight coming up to Dunlop, the guy behind me didn't see the pacecar doing 30 in a 300 zone jumped on the brakes and spun off, the guy in 3rd collected him, about 5 other cars were caught up in it, I got rear ended 5 seconds later by someone oblivous to the yellow flag blinking on his screen.. ah well...good way to wreck a race.
norbs wrote:
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

Coopz wrote:Was having a great race an hour ago online with about 20 other guys. Then the horror on about lap 5 when some noob at the back of the field stacks it, full course yellow... I have never seen a server have that on before, 30 seconds later I found out why, I was leading and stopped behind the pacecar on the straight coming up to Dunlop, the guy behind me didn't see the pacecar doing 30 in a 300 zone jumped on the brakes and spun off, the guy in 3rd collected him, about 5 other cars were caught up in it, I got rear ended 5 seconds later by someone oblivous to the yellow flag blinking on his screen.. ah well...good way to wreck a race.
Add that to the list of things I have to remember. :)
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

The Safety car doesn't work in pick-up races, it's unneccesary especially for 5 lap sprints with 20+ cars, its very likely there wont be a green lap. :melt:
Gizmo

Post by Gizmo »

SHoNKY wrote:
Coopz wrote:Was having a great race an hour ago online with about 20 other guys. Then the horror on about lap 5 when some noob at the back of the field stacks it, full course yellow... I have never seen a server have that on before, 30 seconds later I found out why, I was leading and stopped behind the pacecar on the straight coming up to Dunlop, the guy behind me didn't see the pacecar doing 30 in a 300 zone jumped on the brakes and spun off, the guy in 3rd collected him, about 5 other cars were caught up in it, I got rear ended 5 seconds later by someone oblivous to the yellow flag blinking on his screen.. ah well...good way to wreck a race.
Add that to the list of things I have to remember. :)
That happenes all the time on public servers :(
Acerlyte

Post by Acerlyte »

Figure there is a way to disable that on the server so I might just do that so as not to ruin any races.