V8 Factor League - Hidden Valley

ISI's new sim rFactor
Shonky

V8 Factor League - Hidden Valley

Post by Shonky »

So folks, whats a good lap time round here, since I'm new to rFactor, is there a place like LFSWorld where you can check on lap times etc?

Or is making a thread like this the way to go about finding out lap times?
LoudHoward

Post by LoudHoward »

Well, I find I'm not the fastest guy on the servers, but I feel quite good around HV. I'm in the mid 1:06s at the moment but I think I can shave a few tenths off if I work on getting the final right/left/left complex perfect.

I am interested to see what others are doing, hopefully I can squeeze into the top 10 :)
Check Six!
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

You'll do alright Loud, I had a bit of go round there tonight and best so far is a low 1:08. Still working on a setup at this stage.
Acerlyte

Post by Acerlyte »

Yeah only around 1:08 for me too, it's not a bad track. Gonna be a lot of fun flying down to the first corner and seeing who will brake latest :)
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

IIRC, when shonky, schmickle and myself were belting around, I managed a couple of 6's. Love this track, short and sweet.
Sterling

Post by Sterling »

Had a quick couple of laps last night while sick as a dog to see what pace I had :( , managed a low 8 on the default setup, but my pedals are spiking again :melt:
schmickle

Post by schmickle »

Righteous wrote:IIRC, when shonky, schmickle and myself were belting around, I managed a couple of 6's. Love this track, short and sweet.
Hmm can't remember what pace i was doing around there... was fun though :lol: Was i competitive Righty?
DarrenM

Post by DarrenM »

I did an 06.1 last night with sector splits for an 05.9.

I've uploaded my setups to here
http://members.iinet.net.au/~djmarsh/se ... /V8Factor/
Enforcer-J

Post by Enforcer-J »

phanks :yes:
schmickle

Post by schmickle »

PB of 1:07.05x with my Bathurst set. Keen to get into the 6's but can't seem to find the pace :shake:
schmickle

Post by schmickle »

A bloody d/c great way to start the series. rF does this to me every race almost. Man i wish it would stop d/c me!!!!! :bang:
Unforgiven

Post by Unforgiven »

Great race considering I wasn't even signed up.
Had an early touch from Sterling who got caught out from my pittiful mid corner speed and quickly readdressed. Got up to 8th before my 1st scheduled stop for fuel on lap 19 all went to the script, then on lap 24 went in for my tyre change and was caught speeding at PL entry so went for a drive through on my outlap. Had a battle with Cetram on the last 10 laps and managed to get turned around when Cetram had a lag spike. He readdressed it on the straight. Managed to hold him off til the end and came home in 8th.

Thanks for the great race.
They should make sham wow stubbie holders so if ya spill ya beer you can soak it straight up and put it back in the stubbie
LoudHoward

Post by LoudHoward »

That was great fun! Qualified 2nd then managed to snatch pole from Gizmo in the top-10 shootout!

My start was actually good, but I got a bit trigger happy as I went for 3rd and got a bit sideways, had to lift so I ended up 3rd after T1 right behind Mick. I closed right up going into the final corner, but because the back end of these cars is so huge I couldn't see my brake marker and went in too hot. Managed to jink right and miss MD but ended up dropping to 5th.

There I stayed for a while before Shonky and Shmickle (bad luck mate) had a bit of a battle ahead of me, I stayed back from that and sure enough Schmick spun after locking his rears and I was in 4th. I tried to put some pressure on Shonky but he was quite quick! Eventually though I saw him drift wide (I think he was adjusting pit settings) and over the next few corners managed to get a run on him and pass...then he pitted 3 corners later :lol:

Giz then had his problem and I was 6-7 secs behind Mick who was leading, I pitted twice in 2 laps just before halfway and nearly sped into the lane first go round, a couple of super outlaps put me only 2 seconds behind the lead with 20 odd laps to go. It stretched out to about 3.5-4 secs with less than 10 to go, and I was going to have a final push when I got a little caught up in an epic battle between a pair of Fords (WPS, and Betta Electrical guys). The WPS car was nice and lifted for me when I stuck my nose in and though it only cost me 1-2 secs it was enough for me to decide to cruise to the finish and take 2nd.

Congrats to Mick and Shonky on their podiums, and everyone else who made it through to the finish!

It was an absolutely tops race, lots of bumping but from where I was it was all fair. The racing was close and tense, as was the shootout! If we can bump the field up another 5-10 guys then we'll be in business :nod: :nod: :nod:

Cyas in NZ! :D
Check Six!
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

Congrats to Mick and Loud Howard, was a top race, my memory of the race is mostly a blur, I remember passing Schmickle early on at T1, from then on I was pretty much racing on my own. Only the occasional back marker was encountered.

Bad luck to Gizmo, and thanks for organising the event. Top racing by all, looking forward to the next round. :D
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

I didn't expect to be able to compete at the very top on times and I wasn't - Gizmo and LH were both quicker across one lap. My 1:06.4 in pre-qual was a PB so I was fairly happy anyway. I didn't do so great in the shootout and dropped to 4th on the grid. The grid though, is like Bathurst - even numbers get the inside run to T1. I didn't know that (never started a race here before :D) but it was a nice surprise but very unfair to the other guys on odd numbers. So, I got a good start away from Shonky, past LH and even poked my nose down the inside of Gizmo before settling for second into T1. Giz had the early speed and I just decided to pace myself - especially when I saw LH disappear from my mirrors at the end of the first lap and Smickle take his place. The gap to Giz went out to about 2 to 2.5 seconds before I slowly started to reel him in - I think his setup must have been much harder on tyres. I did a 6.5 fairly early in the race and this really got me onto Gizmo's tail. I had one serious go under brakes at T1 but got nervous and locked them all up, sliding wide and letting Giz back through. Meanwhile LH was back into 3rd and I could see our fighting up front was letting LH close the gap. A couple of laps later Gizmo went wide at T1 and from there I was able to hold a fairly steady 6 to 7 second gap over LH. He pitted before me - I went in for the first of my 2 stops in 2 laps at the end of lap 24. When I came out LH had the gap down to 2 seconds! Was a bit tense because I thought he was easily faster but the gap yo-yo'd and I got the better run through traffic so in the end was just able to nurse the car home for a very surprising win!

Bad luck to those who disco'd and to Gizmo who was very quick - some really great racing early on there mate. Also thanks for organising - lots of fun. I thought I'd be happy if I walked away from this series with just the one win so I'm glad i've got it out of the way. I had a lot of luck on my side last night I think - I wasn't the outright fastest person on track. :tilt:
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
Sterling

Post by Sterling »

First things first...............what an awesome mod!!!!! I haven't had so much fun racing for a loooooonnnnng while.

But boy 'o' boy did I do some silly noob things :melt:

Qual 5th with a PB of a flat 1:07......... I'd really started to get some decent pace but undid all that good work with a highly preasured, high mistake riddled shootout lap and was relegated to 10th :faint:

Then completely missed the start by trying to change gear with the paddle instead of the shifter and left the grid last :cry:

Then missed my pit bay at the first stop and didn't realise it for 5 seconds or so and had to reverse up.

Then received a Stop/Go for speeding on pit entry for the second stop :bang:

Eventually ended up 6th which was pretty good all things considered, my car felt pretty good throughout and I was able to keep it straight and smooth and look after the tyres quite well, I seemed to have a pretty good car speed towards the end of my stints compared to a few other guys.

Had some cracker battles and pulled off some good passes, overall............... a brilliantly fun night, can't wait for round 2 :yes: :nod:

Cmon guys we want a full field of these, it would be bloody awesome! :nod:
Gizmo
forum fairy - in a gay way!
forum fairy - in a gay way!

Post by Gizmo »

That was great fun.

Qualified on pole with a 1:06.2 but in the shootout went to deep into turn 1 and nearly touched the grass. Giving LH pole for the race.

Got into T1 first and started to open up, i was concentrating so much on getting the fuel right for the races that i forgot to change the camber.....BIG mistake. The car just for worse and worse. My laps went from mid 6's to might 7's. And it was only a matter of time untill mick for past. Then i made a stupid mistake and farked the suspension. Good racing guys. WD to all the place getters and see you all next round!!!

I'll post the results today if i got the time.
SE1Z

Post by SE1Z »

even though I was last among the cars left on the road, I had a ball!
these things really are hard work to drive.

I reckon (if im wrong, pls dont correct me :D) - if I didnt speed into pit lane AND out of pit lane, thus recieving a stop/go AND a drive thru, I *may* have finished higher up the order... dammit!

Oh well... lesson learnt.

One thing, dont want to ruin a good nights racing or bring the mood down... but... when I was being lapped, a couple of guys thought it would be nice to flash their headlights to warn me they were approaching.
Umm... I have mirrors, I also have a big blue flag in the top left of my screen warning me of your approach.
Also... im no n00b to sim racing... bah... nevermind, no harm done :)

oh.... sign up people!!! we need more drivers! :)
Steve
---
Sterling

Post by Sterling »

Yes no headlights!!!!!!!..................please leave them off during the day races!!!! :tilt:
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Fair enough - I didn't think of the blue flag. I haven't really raced rF before online. I'm used to GTL and GTR which don't have such a nice warning system as rF - so didn't realise that the blue flag would automatically come up. Suggestion noted and I won't do it again. :tilt:
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
LoudHoward

Post by LoudHoward »

I flash my headlights when lapping people at Bathurst over the top of the mountain, people are usually concentrating so hard they don't notice if another car has come up behind them. Everywhere else I only use them when I cross the finish line :nod:
Check Six!
EzyRider

Post by EzyRider »

Awesome fun, fantastic racing by everyone. It wasn't exactly a warm night here last night, but by the end of the race, I was sweating like I was baking under a midday summer sun! My wheel was actually heating up, it was getting that much abuse.

Going into T1, I was hoping we'd all get through with no problems, and it worked a treat for all. Pretty sure no one even really swapped paint through there, surprisingly.

My race.. meh, nothing much to rant about, I had planned just to do the rounds, pit on lap 30 for fuel, lap 38 for tyres, and cross the finish line relatively unscathed. Which seemed to work out well. ;)

The only other thing I have to say is that the last few laps when Mik and myself were fighting for position. Fantastic driving by Mik saw him pip me at the post by mere hundredths of a second, but I had him sweating it on that final lap ;)

Grats to the winner, BL to those who disco'd, and I'd REALLY like to see a full grid of these babies lined up for the next race. If you have the mod, jump in.. bloody brilliant stuff, I'm in for the long run!
Middle Pack Racing Watch your mirrors!

Norbs on Germaine Greer: "..that crusty old slag can tongue kiss my quivering sphincter muscle, fuck her and the pretentious boat she fucking sailed in on."
dvestate
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by dvestate »

First thing is first.......... IF YOU DON'T GET INTO THIS SERIES THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH YOU!!!!!!! (please seek medical advice)

This had to be one of the best nights of online racing that I have been in AND I STUFFED UP EARLY!!!!!!

Managed to sneak into the Top 10 or so I thought as Cetram (last car on track) knocked me out so no shootout for me :(

Had a decent start and made sure that I was on the inside for T1 and made up a few places as I past vehicle's stuck on the outside :D

Wormed my way upto 8th early and was closing on the car infront, tried to come on the power a little early out of T4 looking at a hairpin pass of the car in front and drove myself into the wall :fall: :fall: :fall:

Got back on the black stuff and noticed that something was seriously wrong with the car and headed straight to the pits (and back of the pack) 52 Seconds to repair the damage so I filled my tank to the brim :tilt:

Got back out there and the only aim I had was not to be the last car at the end of the race, managed to capitalise on the misfortune of others and around lap 40 passed EzyRider as he exited the pits. From here and awesome battle to the end of the race was underway, a few stuff ups by myself caused me to drop behind Ezy

I capitalized on a faster car coming through (sorry for holding you up a little in our battle Loud Howard) I pushed my way past Ezy and pulled out a 1.5 second gap, EzyRider surged again and began to close the gap on the final 2 laps :melt: and in the end almost got me on the finish line :yikes:

Was an awesome effort to squeeze into the Top 10 and a fun race. I was a physical wreck after the race with sweat pooring off me all over the place, this is some of the most physical SIM racing I've had to do....... LFS is a walk in the park in comparison

Congrats to the Top 3, awesome race........ I've been left to think what could have been but that is V8 Racing :D

Hope to see a few more cars for the next Round as this is truely and awesome series
Sterling

Post by Sterling »

dvestate wrote:First thing is first.......... IF YOU DON'T GET INTO THIS SERIES THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH YOU!!!!!!! (please seek medical advice)
YAAA HUH!!!!! :nod:

Was a good track to start with, certainly suited to the V8s, slow sections, fast sections, twisty bits and a nice long straight but quick and easy to learn :yes:
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Sterling wrote: Was a good track to start with, certainly suited to the V8s, slow sections, fast sections, twisty bits and a nice long straight but quick and easy to learn :yes:
Yep - I was pleasently surprised. Never been a fan of HV from watching it on TV but it is a lot of fun (this version anyway - there is an F1C converted version around that I'm about 3.5 seconds a lap slower on!).