V8 Factor - Round 2 - Pukekhoe (Race Wrap)

ISI's new sim rFactor
dvestate
Prize Winning ARSE

V8 Factor - Round 2 - Pukekhoe (Race Wrap)

Post by dvestate »

Well I'm very Pi#$ed off.................. got dropped from the server for some bloody reason :( Wasn't a net dropout as TeamSpeak was still kicking along.........

Had an awesome start in the last race and was pulling away and all of a sudden Se1z is on Teamspeak 'Where did you go???' kept driving until I got the 'Connection Lost' in game!!!!!!!

GOD DAMMIT!!!!!! Anyways hope you guys had a good last race, I'm off to KILL SOMEONE!!!!! :lol:

Edit: Giz if you need someone to put the results together, points etc, I can put something together :)
Shonky

Post by Shonky »

Bah, won the first race, DNF race 2 and 3. :(

Oh well, there's always next time. :nod:
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Well that was great fun.

5th, 3rd & 4th :D

I had some awesome battles and the rev grids were great.
tz14 and i had a real close fight in race 2 but he was just that bit faster onto the straight.

Great little track to drive :nod:
Looking forward to Round 3 Barbagallo now, some more people wouldnt hurt.
Life is hard...but, life is harder when you're dumb.
tz17

Post by tz17 »

Awsome racing tonight :)

Yeh me and Knappo had a great battle in Race 2, man that was pressure stuff lol

Im happy with the nights haul, 3rd, 2nd and 3rd :yes:
ghost

Post by ghost »

Wow my first online race night, what a blast even though I was way off the pace. Doing my shootout lap was the most nerveracking thing I've done in a long time. Thanks a lot for having me, sorry about the carnage at hairpin in race 3.
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

tz17 wrote:Yeh me and Knappo had a great battle in Race 2, man that was pressure stuff lol
hehe all i could do was keep the pressure on hoping you would make a mistake.
we caught 2 backmarkers late in the race. The first guy worked out great because i was able to follow you straight thru but the 2nd backmarker cost me .8 and i relaxed a bit to the finish.

As for qualy, i was 6th fastest going into the shootout then when it counted...... CHOKE :p
I was the guy in the 58's :eyepop:
LoudHoward

Post by LoudHoward »

That was a very fun evening. Got my second pole in the shootout (I love one lap qually) then as I went to join the grid for race 1 my net cut out - bummer.

Ghost kept me informed and I managed to get back in for the start of race 2, starting last though. Not that it mattered :lol: Got a few off the line, then basically everyone went wide at the hairpin, so got about 4-5 there (as well as some door banging with my teammate at the next corner!), so I was 4th, then I managed to pass a person on each lap until L4 when I was in the lead! My heart was really going there! Insane fun.

Race 3 was pretty much the same, abliet a tamer start, but more carnage at the hairpin, I was again side-by-side with my teammate Knappo at the time, I managed to get through the half a car width gap that was there but unfortunately the other GRM Holden had nowhere to go and t-boned Schmickle who was reading the newspaper in the middle of the track :D Again, picked people off and cruised to another win!

The reverse grids are amazing fun, if only we had more guys! The people that have signed up and aren't racing don't know what they're missing!!!!
Check Six!
TassieDevil_Original

Post by TassieDevil_Original »

Well it was sort of fun, at least I finished every race I suppose, dunno if it was the setups I was using or not but it felt like I was driving a "soggy loaf of bread on ice". :yikes:

Also it doesn't help when your going for third into the first chicane and accidently pull 1st gear instead.....Now that creates some smoke :lol: . And I will remember to turn on auto clutch, cause I lost nearly 20 seconds coming out of the hairpin and spinning, but not getting my foot on the clutch in time and stalled her, and shit do they take a long time to fire back up. :eek:

Someone has to fill the back of the grid. :lol:

Tassie
Exar Kun
Sensible Mick

Post by Exar Kun »

Sounds like fun - sorry I couldn't make it guys. I had the double whammy of going out to dinner to see friends who have come back from overseas for a few weeks and then helping my fiancee study for her econometrics exam. I can tell what I'd have rather been doing! :tilt:
"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!"
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

TassieDevil_Original wrote:dunno if it was the setups I was using or not but it felt like I was driving a "soggy loaf of bread on ice". :yikes:
:rofl:
SE1Z

Post by SE1Z »

great racing last night!

I made the shootout! ;)

while its fun with ~14ppl..... 20 or so would be nice... c'mon guys, get into it!
its great fun!

Bring on round 3! :D
Steve
---
Sterling

Post by Sterling »

Yep some more great racing, scored a 2nd, 3rd and 4th and managed to avoid most of the carnage and keep the car straight.

A tough track to get a balanced setup for, I felt much more comfortable with the car at Hidden Valley, my car was not so happy coming onto the front straight at all but seemed to have good turn in at the first sweeper and I managed to pull off some nice inside passes there.

I saw the launch off the line of the night by schmickle in the 3rd race, the new clutch must be working, take a look at the replay from my car in race 3, he just shot out of the block and out and around quite a few guys at the first sweeper to move straight into 3rd :faint: These things are so hard to get away off the line without bulk wheelspin. :nod:

Yep cmon guys this is a load of fun....we want a full grid :yes:
KNAPPO
Master artist
Master artist

Post by KNAPPO »

Sterling wrote:I saw the launch off the line of the night by schmickle in the 3rd race, the new clutch must be working, take a look at the replay from my car in race 3, he just shot out of the block and out and around quite a few guys at the first sweeper to move straight into 3rd :faint: These things are so hard to get away off the line without bulk wheelspin. :nod:

Yep cmon guys this is a load of fun....we want a full grid :yes:

Yeah i have found using the clutch to launch these beasts can be a bit of an advantage as long as you dont smoke em up :D
I had a ball last night. That was rather intense and i didnt think i would be able to keep the car facing the right way for a race distance but it went rather well as i only spun once in race 1.

Come on guys join up for this series, you wont be disapointed. :yes:

EDIT:

BIG Thank you to Acer for seting up the grids and making sure we were good to race :bow:
schmickle

Post by schmickle »

Sorry for quit in race one guys. Was learning my new G25 and didn't think it was a good idea to do it in race - didn't want to ruins anoyones elses race. Did some offline prac during ur race 1 then came back for races 2 and 3 when i had it a little sorted. Coming down back straight was AWESOME.. 6th to 4th to 2nd up to 1st for the hairpin was great with the gears. Was able to brake later and exit quicker than i could before. Finished 6th in race 2 and 9th? in race 3.

Was happy with that all things considered. This whole heel/toe thing is pretty tough, i now have even more respect for LOWNDESY and the other V8 drivers hehe. Yeah the launch in race 3 was amazing... found if i ride the clutch i cud get a huge advantage off the line. Will have to check the replay! Managed 58's pace so wasn't bad with the new gear.

Cheers, guys looking forward to next race where i'll hopefully be more competent at heel/toe.
Last edited by schmickle on Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
funkdancer

Post by funkdancer »

Sounds awesome. Someone's been a bad influence on Schmickle it would seem :D
About time he joined up with the rFactor gang.
Will see you next race! Where do I sign up?

by the way - being a Norwegian expatriat with only 5.5 years down here, I'm a huge fan of Mazdas (did their Sandown performance day got to try all their cool cars there and would love the 3MPS - DJ himself took us for hotlaps and it rocked, plus we got to drive it of course), so I'm going for Ford then.
StanDaam

Post by StanDaam »

Yaaay I got off nightshift early so I could join for at least 2 out of the 3 races (sorry about joining late, actually thought it was starting at 9.30 NSW time). Anyways, my races didnt go to well but I enjoyed them heaps.
Race one starting from the rear was fun, till about lap 2 or so when there was some kaos in the tight right hander at the end of the straight, so I thought I'd cut the corner abit to avoid the trouble. "Cut the track, stop n go penalty" doh!! Put me a lap down ohh well.
Race 2 and I'm starting on the front row. All good till that same corner on the first lap, got smacked up pretty hard in the rear which bent my steering. The tyres on these cars seem to really take a lap to heat up and you have to brake much earlier on the first lap I reckon so alot of people went flying into that corner and couldn't pull up in time. I think thats a good aspect of this game, even though it kinda burned me this time. Another cool bit of this game is that you seem to get alot less grip on the dirty bits of the track, which is an excellent feature.
The biggest bummer for me was that at the end of the race when Loud Howard was nice enough to share his setup which I was really keen on seein what setup he runs cause he gets most excellent times (probably more due to his skill but I was just keen to see anyways). But the pesky "Received files" folder burned me again!!! :yikes: I even saved it twice in that folder only to fire up the game abit later in the night and the folder is gone. Doh!! If ya want to save sets you have to save them in another track folder. Well atleast now I know.
Good fun races, thanks y'all :tilt:
Sterling

Post by Sterling »

Lots of little quirks to learn with rF especially after driving LFS for so long, but I agree tyre/brake/water/oil temps all add to the realism for me :nod:

The ISI guys have also hinted on the RSC forums that rain(including drying race lines) is not that far away................heck these v8 beasts are a handful now...............imagine them in the rain.
funkdancer

Post by funkdancer »

Does this mean that a full livetrack like in gtr2 is in the roadmap? That's an absolutely thrilling feature. There, say if you have random weather, bit of rain come on mid way through the qualifying, then go again === totally awesome. You see how the road changes, the race lines are visible, the sun glistening in the parts not dried up. Adds a whole new dimension to racing that I feel is totally the right direction for sims to be making.
SE1Z

Post by SE1Z »

obviously ive noticed the effects of tyre wear/heat and brake temperature, but tbh, I dont even look at the engine temp/water gauges, even in long races. do they actually blow up if you push them too hard?
I remember the GTR2 demo I had an engine blow, but nothing in rfactor yet...
Steve
---
dvestate
Prize Winning ARSE

Post by dvestate »

Sterling wrote: The ISI guys have also hinted on the RSC forums that rain(including drying race lines) is not that far away................heck these v8 beasts are a handful now...............imagine them in the rain.
Holy crap :yikes: :eyepop: :yikes: :eyepop: :fall:
LoudHoward

Post by LoudHoward »

With the smoke effects as good as they are, the rain should be amazing...and impossible! :D
Check Six!
SE1Z

Post by SE1Z »

yes... the smoke is great!
a couple of times last night I had nfi where I was for all the smoke :D
Steve
---
wenmo

Post by wenmo »

it sounds like you guys are having heaps of fun, i went to download Rf demo and for some stupid reason i turned off virus protection and firewall when doing so, Man did i have heaps of spam and viruses etc downloaded with it! tried the demo, framerate was way to low so deleted it, me thinks after xmas a new computer is due!!! so i'll try Rf then, i have seen some replys on tube which looks awsome! i will keep on on the forum & series.
never had computers when i was a kid, so i am making up for it now!! Dont hit my car!