Pig
Pig

Re: The ARSE Series

Post by David Piglos Shaw »

Fine, but I would like to put a hand up for Solitude
Quincy

Post by Quincy »

is there a database to locate all the tracks??

how do i find laguna seca 67???

and give me a hint on the following weeks track?

:)
balls & boobs. . .
David Piglos Shaw
Pig
Pig

The Alternative Track Database: http://gpltd.bcsims.com/

Each week we usually run one of the original (Papy) tracks, and one other that Dave notifies us on this forum.

My guess is that the Papy track this week might be Silverstone. ;)
Quincy

Post by Quincy »

as in, tonight Silverstone?? or next week?

and i know you've probably outlined the online details elsewhere in this thread, but its early, and i'm feeling lazy... soooooo.

what info do we need to go-online?

i have iGOR. but never used it before....

cheers guys.
balls & boobs. . .
David Piglos Shaw
Pig
Pig

I'm only speculating on Silverstone tonight.

Try out iGOR and see if you can get online. You will have to set up the ARSE chatroom in iGOR, I think you have to set it to #ARSE, but I'm not sure.

Very helpful for online racing are GPLOMe (GPL online messaging) which allows you to set up Function keys to send certain messages over chat. http://zoidberg.homeip.net/oldhome/

And Pribluda which displays on your screen in real time info on tyre temps, race position and timing. This is very useful for online racing as it means you can tell where people are and allows you to know if somebody is rapidly closing on you etc. http://www.amirkamal.com/gpl/pribluda/p ... l#contents
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

David Piglos Shaw wrote:And Pribluda which displays on your screen in real time info on tyre temps, race position and timing. This is very useful for online racing as it means you can tell where people are and allows you to know if somebody is rapidly closing on you etc. http://www.amirkamal.com/gpl/pribluda/p ... l#contents
Am I right in saying that Pribluda still doesn't work with the new v2 rasterizers?
Dukester

norbs diplomacy lesson 101: "If I was putting words in your mouth, you'd know."
David Piglos Shaw
Pig
Pig

Good question. I haven't used the new rastafarians yet.
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

Bah you dont need Prib it only distracts you :lol:
Minister for Religious Genocide.
Quincy

Post by Quincy »

i was thinking that myself Dr.P.

and for time period realism, pretty sure the drivers wouldn't have had instant access to such things as tyre temps, time difference between drivers (apart from when crossing start/finish line)... from my very limited lap count, the cars seem to need 100% concentration at all times.... pretty sure i only want to know when another driver is behind me, when he actually shows up in my mirrors, then it's game on to keep him behind me...(which at this point in time, would be for a very short time!! ;) )
balls & boobs. . .
David Piglos Shaw
Pig
Pig

When online, I mainly use it to ensure safe entry onto the track from the pits or an excursion.
Quincy

Post by Quincy »

ah yes. good point... so can you turn it off/on ingame?
balls & boobs. . .
Quincy

Post by Quincy »

righto pribluda is installed ready to go...

if you guys are going to be online tonight, then i will join you. thats if i can figure out iGOR..
balls & boobs. . .
Buk Nekkid

Post by Buk Nekkid »

Hey Guys :)

Got room for another tonite? 66's I gather? Cool...

Cheers, Neil :)
The not so friendly creature from the off-white puddle who will eat you......
vipergod
Dumb ARSE

Post by vipergod »

Jaysus Neil you dont have to ask m8
I don't care what ya say GPL still rocks
Quincy

Post by Quincy »

now the talk was for Sandown68 track next week...? I just tried to install it, but it gives me a "missing track.ini file", which is weird, cause i can see it??? any suggestions?
balls & boobs. . .
Buk Nekkid

Post by Buk Nekkid »

Quincy wrote:now the talk was for Sandown68 track next week...? I just tried to install it, but it gives me a "missing track.ini file", which is weird, cause i can see it??? any suggestions?
Not sure what could be causing that.

You're not trying to install the track from within the *.zip file it came in are you? The contents of the *.zip file needs to be extracted to a folder on your desktop (or elsewhere) prior to installing.

Hope this helps,

Cheers, Neil :)
The not so friendly creature from the off-white puddle who will eat you......
Quincy

Post by Quincy »

ahh, that may be it.... thanks.
balls & boobs. . .
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Well I am all set and very keen to join you guys this week, time permitting. I have pribluda installed via the GPLPS installer, also GEM+ (for 66 Mod) & IGOR and Sandown68, hopefully that is still the track for this week?
I do have a couple of other questions though.
Which 66 car is good for a beginner like me, something a little forgiving but not ultra slow?
Is GPLOMe a necessity for racing online with you guys?
Anything else I need to do or know before Tue night?
Dukester

w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

the cooper and brabham are both quite quick and fairly predictable. Or even the Ferrari.
Duke
Dukester Maldonado
Dukester Maldonado

Post by Duke »

Cheers w00dsy, I did like the Fezza, there are quite a few Brabham's iirc, I think the Brabham Repco was the beast I tried to tame with no success. :?

I installed GPLOMe & GPLShift today to make use of my G25 h-shifter but now pribluda no longer works except for F9, any ideas if either of these causes a conflict?
It looks like GPLShift has a message macro feature built in to it, have to do more research on it & see if I can get it to work.
You guys have any objection with using GPLShift for your races? I do have 90% clutch threshold activated.
Dukester

w00dsy
The Senna of Hoppers Crossing

Post by w00dsy »

the brabham has a lot of torque so it's probably a little more sensitive than the others, even though it's a smooth delivery. The V12's tened to be a bit more peaky so they gave you a chance to get your brain ready for the power.
Bluesman
AGGOT Champion
AGGOT Champion

Post by Bluesman »

Gday Flinty, we have no objections to you using GPLShift. in fact any outside assistance you can get is more than welcome to help tame the beasts hehehehe :)

we usually jump in the ARSE chatroom bout 8.30ish and we try to get races going by 9pm. a few of the guys like to use Ventrilo to voice chat but its not a prerequisite.
If you do choose to use it, let us know in the chatroom and we''ll provide you with the server ip. we run Ventrilo version 2.3.0 as we find its the most stable, but its not compatible
with any of the other versions, so please bear that in mind. ( ver 2.3.0 is downloadable from the web ).

As for the cars, i quite like the Repco Brabham BT19 but it can be a bit of a handful, the Brabby Climax 11's (2.7l & 2.4l ) are great handling cars but are a tad off the pace at the faster tracks
but well worth trying at twisty tracks. The Cooper Maserati is pretty quick and nice to drive, the Mclaren is a great handler that goes real fast if you tie a rope to the back of a faster car hehehehe,
the Lotus 43 BRM is fast but only on fast tracks and the Ferrari 312 v12 is a beast and am surprised you like it, it certainly bucks like a bronco. as for the rest well its much of a muchness,
we tend to drive the smaller capacity cars at the slower tracks and the 3litres at the faster tracks, but its your choice and you can drive what you want :) setups are limited as the 66's are still
relatively new, but ask if you need and we'll try to provide them for you if we have them. Hope to cya on the track :)

ARSE Resident Golf Alien.......your golf ARSE's are mine :D
Quincy

Post by Quincy »

while online, can somebody be running a 66 car, and somebody else a 67 at the same track?
balls & boobs. . .
Dr. Pain

Post by Dr. Pain »

I wouldnt go near the Ferrari for a while. I'm only just starting to race it and its a lot of work. 2.7 lt cars are what I'd start in as you can flog them stupid all race and they are easy to drive. Mclaren is good but slow. Eagle V12 has a BIG mushy bottom end that lasts till just past 7000rpm but handles good. Brab handles nice, has good power but slow in the top end. Lotus 43 is alittle too heavy and can be tail happy under power (400 horses makes for nice power slides)but is the 3rd fastest car. Cooper is a green rocket, its goes and does everything so nice. Ferrari isnt a prancing horse but a bucking bronco, can be hard to handle and catches you out so fast. It is the fastest car but got to be smooth and steady.
Minister for Religious Genocide.
Bluesman
AGGOT Champion
AGGOT Champion

Post by Bluesman »

Quincy wrote:while online, can somebody be running a 66 car, and somebody else a 67 at the same track?
Yes i'm pretty sure that can be done..............but only thru igor

ARSE Resident Golf Alien.......your golf ARSE's are mine :D