DFP playing up

Computer and electronic gizmo support.
slow069

DFP playing up

Post by slow069 »

hi guys after advice

i got a dfp last week all has been fine up untill last night and tonight

tonight it has issues with pedals, the brake pedal will stick 1/4 on in game or it will react really slowly to pedal movement.

and the accelerator will work fine and then all of a sudden it will cut out when at full throttle and then come back again or it will continually cut out and in.

i have reinstalled the profiler and also tried the clear calibration tool on this issue, to no evail i have checked it in dx tweak and it shows the pedal 1/4 stuck on but no issues with accel pedal, if i disconnect and reconnect wheel it will work fine all day in dx tweak (well for 5 mins worth of sitting in room like idiot pressing pedals down ).

does anyone have ideas on how to fix this problem ?
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197999095303]Image[/url]
plastik8

Re: DFP playing up

Post by plastik8 »

slow069 wrote:hi guys after advice

i got a dfp last week all has been fine up untill last night and tonight

tonight it has issues with pedals, the brake pedal will stick 1/4 on in game or it will react really slowly to pedal movement.

and the accelerator will work fine and then all of a sudden it will cut out when at full throttle and then come back again or it will continually cut out and in.

i have reinstalled the profiler and also tried the clear calibration tool on this issue, to no evail i have checked it in dx tweak and it shows the pedal 1/4 stuck on but no issues with accel pedal, if i disconnect and reconnect wheel it will work fine all day in dx tweak (well for 5 mins worth of sitting in room like idiot pressing pedals down ).

does anyone have ideas on how to fix this problem ?
Where'd you get it from?? Still got receipt?? Take it straight back to where you got it from and ask for a replacement there and then.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561197971333750]Image[/url]
Sterling

Post by Sterling »

Logitech pedals..................absolute mungrels POS of things!!!......If it is no longer under warranty my suggestion would be to invest in some A1 pedals. :yes:
plastik8

Post by plastik8 »

Sterling wrote:If it is no longer under warranty my suggestion would be to invest in some A1 pedals. :yes:
Slow069 wrote:i got a dfp last week
:lol:

But then again Slow may have got it 2nd hand.

Anyway, the DFP has 2 years warranty :yes:
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

I wish Mine didnt come from germany :(
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

how much for a set of unused revB pedals then? :D
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
plastik8

Post by plastik8 »

ysu wrote:how much for a set of unused revB pedals then? :D
How can one tell what revision DFP they have?
ysu
Smooth Lubricator.

Post by ysu »

It's written somewhere - I think on the back of the manual? maybe the letter after the numbers on the back of the wheel is the same thing?
I've checked it when I bought it and never since. :(

The only difference is the quality of the bearings and pots as I remember...revB is said to fail less often :)
Surprise, no sig. Now there is. Or is there?
plastik8

Post by plastik8 »

ysu wrote:It's written somewhere - I think on the back of the manual? maybe the letter after the numbers on the back of the wheel is the same thing?
I've checked it when I bought it and never since. :(

The only difference is the quality of the bearings and pots as I remember...revB is said to fail less often :)
Checked under the wheel.... No B's.... No A's.... No C's.... An E was there though.... Can't be bothered checking the manual for now. But cheers for the advice.

Edit: Checked the little plastic slip that had the manual / driver CD's etc. in it, sure enough, Rev: B00. Woot!
Last edited by plastik8 on Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

Mine have been spiking badly, pissed me off no end. Took em apart this arvo and put some chain lube into the pots, apparently they love it! They are temporarily working great again.

I also called up Logitech and asked WTF do I do if they break? The lady said NFI, call EB games maybe they will know what to do with it. LMFAO!! She said that dont hold spare parts and they dont have a repair section/service. All breaks are meant to go back to the place of purchase for a exchange/refund. Doesnt really work for me as I won mine and it was sent to me from germany :(
plastik8

Post by plastik8 »

Righteous wrote:Mine have been spiking badly, pissed me off no end. Took em apart this arvo and put some chain lube into the pots, apparently they love it! They are temporarily working great again.

I also called up Logitech and asked WTF do I do if they break? The lady said NFI, call EB games maybe they will know what to do with it. LMFAO!! She said that dont hold spare parts and they dont have a repair section/service. All breaks are meant to go back to the place of purchase for a exchange/refund. Doesnt really work for me as I won mine and it was sent to me from germany :(
Hmmm.... I was under the impression that if it breaks down within the first 30 days, you are entitled to a replacement form the place of purchase, and then any time after that, it gets RMA'd to Logitech....

Let me dig up a link on their website.... I was looking into this as my MX1000 Laser mouse was playing up.... But that sorted itself out.

Edit: Found this:
Warranty Exchange

If you have exhausted all the options and tests and you are still unable to solve or alleviate the problem, contact your local dealer for a warranty exchange, provided this is still valid. Dealer legal-warranties (at the point of purchase) are valid for a minimum of 2 years in Europe (12 months in Switzerland and UK). Please note that internet shops, e-commerce and online-shops have the same conditions as all other point of purchase.

Do not return the product to us unless we have asked you to; unsolicited returns will not be processed. Dealers and distributors should contact their business partner directly, not Customer Support.

If there is a good reason why the warranty claim cannot be processed by the dealer, or is made outside the minimum (dealer) warranty period, please contact our Customer Support. They will be happy to advise you on what you need to do next. You can contact us while clicking on "Ask a Question" on the top of this screen or by phone. You will find our phone-numbers on http://www.logitech.com under Contact US.

The support team will need you to have the following information ready to examine your case:

Model-Nummer of the product (M/N) - to be found on the product label
Serial-Nummer (S/N) - to be found on the product label
Date of purchase
Point of purchase (Dealer, City)
Why the point of purchase (dealer) would not exchange (please remember we do only exchange in exceptional cases)
Issue/error-message
Already taken steps to solve the issue
Your complete address including a day-time phone-number
Righteous
Master artist
Master artist

Post by Righteous »

Hmmm, dont see the option for, won it in a comp.
plastik8

Post by plastik8 »

Righteous wrote:Hmmm, dont see the option for, won it in a comp.
I guess it could possibly come under "Why the point of purchase (dealer) would not exchange (please remember we do only exchange in exceptional cases)".....

I mean, it's worth a shot.... If they say "tough luck", state "If there is a good reason why the warranty claim cannot be processed by the dealer, or is made outside the minimum (dealer) warranty period, please contact our Customer Support. They will be happy to advise you on what you need to do next. ",

then,

"Why the point of purchase (dealer) would not exchange (please remember we do only exchange in exceptional cases)".

Re-iterating the fact that "(please remember we do only exchange in exceptional cases)"....

Maybe because you won it, they don't treat you as a paying customer.... Say your cousin Heinz from Germany bought it for you for Christmas or something....

Still worth a shot.

Anyway, if you can't get them to RMA it, and the pedals continue to fuck up, and you didn't wanna fork out the dough for a set of A1's, you could use any other pedals you have lying around... Do you have an old MOMO set? Just mix and match controllers, I'm pretty sure LFS would work fine